ADVERTISEMENT

You know college basketball has gone to shit when....

Game was close but that was pretty bad basketball by both sides. Both teams shot below 40% from the field. Gross. UNC plays dumb as hell by not feeding Bacot every single possession. Lively definitely was a factor but I probably saw double digit fouls by him tonight. He was called for 2. Didn't really care who won because winner is 6th place in ACC and loser is 7th. And it's not like the ACC is good.

Didn't watch. I would be surprised if I did watch and agreed that Bacot shouldn't have gotten more FTs but he would have probably missed them anyway. Duke must also not be very good to hold UNC to only three FTs (it is actually the fewest ever for a UNC team in the ACC era) and not blow them out. My guess is that Roach vs Davis decided the game. Davis getting punked by the Pitt PG decided the last game and Hubert refused to play offense/defense late like a competent coach would.

The biggest issue with UNC is that they aren't very good. They have players who don't play smart and a coach who doesn't know what he is doing yet. Tough to win when that's the case.

Congrats though, Duke guys. Even if we both suck it's always good to beat the other one.

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s people posting less or the sport is in some ways declining. Maybe both.
Sport is declining. I used to watch every single Duke game, tonight was the first time I've watched since the Ohio State game. Covid cancelling the tournament killed my interest in the sport and now it's kind of awful to watch. Even if Duke was running the table, I'm not sure I would care.

I still watch a ton of college basketball and love it (watching Zags/St. Mary's right now) but it's declining with normal people for sure.

I can't hardly stand watching this UNC team most of the time but still do. It's awful basketball though.

Reactions: ncjeff
Duke sucks.
UNC sucks.
UK sucks.
Indiana sucks (and have since before most posters on this board were born).
UCLA has yet to beat a surefire tourney team and they are in the Pac-12, which sucks, so they are guilty by association.
3 of Kansas' 5 losses have been blowouts.

All those teams were ranked top 8 pre-season other than IU (#13), and all have dropped from where they started.

More like black & blue bloods. Amirite?

Duke sucks.
UNC sucks.
UK sucks.
UCLA has yet to beat a surefire tourney team and they are in the Pac-12, which sucks, so they are guilty by association.

All those teams were ranked top 8 pre-season other than IU (#13), and all have dropped from where they started.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Game was close but that was pretty bad basketball by both sides. Both teams shot below 40% from the field. Gross. UNC plays dumb as hell by not feeding Bacot every single possession. Lively definitely was a factor but I probably saw double digit fouls by him tonight. He was called for 2. Didn't really care who won because winner is 6th place in ACC and loser is 7th. And it's not like the ACC is good.
Bacot had zero fouls in the first half. But of course you mention Lively.

Didn't watch. I would be surprised if I did watch and agreed that Bacot shouldn't have gotten more FTs but he would have probably missed them anyway. Duke must also not be very good to hold UNC to only three FTs (it is actually the fewest ever for a UNC team in the ACC era) and not blow them out. My guess is that Roach vs Davis decided the game. Davis getting punked by the Pitt PG decided the last game and Hubert refused to play offense/defense late like a competent coach would.

The biggest issue with UNC is that they aren't very good. They have players who don't play smart and a coach who doesn't know what he is doing yet. Tough to win when that's the case.

Congrats though, Duke guys. Even if we both suck it's always good to beat the other one.
Same team as last year when they got lucky with the draw. Hubie, is a one hit wonder.

Bacot had zero fouls in the first half. But of course you mention Lively.

Because he got away with more fouls than Bacot did. It's not that difficult to understand. Well, not for a person with even an average level of intelligence at least.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Sport is declining. I used to watch every single Duke game, tonight was the first time I've watched since the Ohio State game. Covid cancelling the tournament killed my interest in the sport and now it's kind of awful to watch. Even if Duke was running the table, I'm not sure I would care.
I tend to agree. Kentucky played Florida last night and I barely watched. I think a lot of it has to do with quality of play. Just not seeing the same stars/talent we used to in college basketball.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Duke sucks.
UNC sucks.
UK sucks.

Actually, none of those teams suck, but they aren't elite. They may appear to suck due to their preseason expectations. However, they are all good teams.

Strange that none of you were saying this during Duke's final four run less than a year ago.

On another note, how big of a loser as a fan do you have to be to post the phone numbers of UNC players on a cheer sheet and all over social media and say, 'Do with them what you will'. And how does the Duke admin not catch crap for allowing it?

Because he got away with more fouls than Bacot did. It's not that difficult to understand. Well, not for a person with even an average level of intelligence at least.
Really. That is your response. And go **** yourself with that lady comment. That his opinion and yours and they don’t mean squat. Not hard to understand for a person with average intelligence.

• Haha
On another note, how big of a loser as a fan do you have to be to post the phone numbers of UNC players on a cheer sheet and all over social media and say, 'Do with them what you will'. And how does the Duke admin not catch crap for allowing it?
Awwwwww. 😂😂😂. Cry me a river. You didn’t care enough to watch but you care enough to come here and whine.

• Haha
Soft AF^^

nonsense-the-office.gif

UNC/Duke game not being what it was, does not define CBB as a whole. BOth are not very good. No more Roy Williams vs K.

Aside from it being Duke vs UNC-----there just isn't any other story line.

And both suck.

No one is tuning in for Scheyer vs Davis.

Iowa State/KU
Purdue/Indiana

Even SMC/Gonzaga were better games. And by a lot.

Really. That is your response. And go **** yourself with that lady comment. That his opinion and yours and they don’t mean squat. Not hard to understand for a person with average intelligence.

I mentioned Lively because I saw him get away with more fouls than I saw Bacot. If I saw Bacot get away with more fouls than Lively, I would have mentioned that instead. It's not rocket science bro. You really are a soft, easily triggered little boy.

I mentioned Lively because I saw him get away with more fouls than I saw Bacot. If I saw Bacot get away with more fouls than Lively, I would have mentioned that instead. It's not rocket science bro. You really are a soft, easily triggered little boy.
Says the Virginia fan. Stay in your lane honey.

So you can officiate from your moms basement watching tv better than the actual officials huh? Got it.

Not sure if it’s people posting less or the sport is in some ways declining. Maybe both.
Two fold answer, Blue Blood fans are less interested because their teams are not dominant and Rivals has made it harder for people to access the Free boards and therefore there is a lack of new posters.

Two fold answer, Blue Blood fans are less interested because their teams are not dominant and Rivals has made it harder for people to access the Free boards and therefore there is a lack of new posters.
That in bold may be true, I have people I work with that have said they tried to join this board and had problems. 🤷‍♀️
I when I first came over here I could not post anything, just like posts. Jeff helped me by contacting a football board moderator that fixed it.

Kevin has addressed this, he don't have the capability. Also, I edited my post you responded to above, just a heads up. 👍
So, do we need the CFB board MODS to help? I know all of them well.

Reactions: cdbearde
So you can officiate from your moms basement watching tv better than the actual officials huh? Got it.

Good lord. I didn't say I can officiate better than the actual officials. I also didn't even say that my perception is correct. That's just simply what I noticed. I'm simply explaining why I mentioned Lively and not Bacot.

ADVERTISEMENT