ADVERTISEMENT

you have to take Holmgren #1 don't you?

cooljeff

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2003
Team
Kansas
I realize Smith has had a very good season but there are plenty of nba players like him...Holmgren is a freaking unicorn and if he can ever put on 25 lbs and bench more than 100 he is going to be a force...actually KD probably can't bench 100 and it has not hurt him at all. No way would I want to be the GM that passed on taking that dude

I realize Smith has had a very good season but there are plenty of nba players like him...Holmgren is a freaking unicorn and if he can ever put on 25 lbs and bench more than 100 he is going to be a force...actually KD probably can't bench 100 and it has not hurt him at all. No way would I want to be the GM that passed on taking that dude
This has a 2019 feel to me, though not quite as one sided.
I remember liking Ja over Zion.
I think I like Ivey over Holmgren.

Just not sure about Holmgren. Admitting I could be 100% wrong on this one.
But I like Ivey he kind of does what he wants out there. I think he's gonna be a great lead guard. Reminds me of a poor man's Ja/Mitchell right now.

Holmgren just doesn't remind me of anybody. But maybe that's a good thing for him. Maybe it's because he's unique.

Will be interesting.

Additional thought. Tall guys get hurt. So that's another thing that pops into my mind.

Reactions: cooljeff
I really like Ivey and Smith more than anyone but Holmgren has great potential for sure.

I’ll take Smith all day. Holmgren is a good player but I don’t see him being a player you build a team around.

I think if you get Ivey in Detroit or OKC he's gonna flourish.

Detroit has Cade and nothing else. All the sudden with Ivey you got 2 boss guys in the backcourt. I like it. Lots.

If you are OKC and get Gilgeous-Alexander, Giddey, and add Ivey to that you got a crushing trio that might be real fun.

If any of these guys end up in Orlando or Houston I think they are screwed. I don't know why I just don't think either of these franchises know what they are doing really.

I’d take Paolo or Jabari over him.

And I’d debate Ivey and Murray as well.

Reactions: 407nole
ADVERTISEMENT