ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes*

Michigan is running some good offense but they just aren't knocking the open looks down. Lots of in and out misses.

[QUOTE="hailtoyourvictor, post: 27347094, member: 19724
OH Hell or I mean Hail

Sorry UM fans this one is over. You guys had a great follow up season to your Final Four Run.
Nothing to hang your heads about. Time to watch the Virginia game for me.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Twitter has Beard all but gone after this season.. dude has won.. everywhere!!

Best of Luck keeping him!

He was on Jim Rome talking about building the program in the future.

I think he will respectfully listen to everyone but I think he might stick around a few years. I think the fanbase will be willing to match any money he is offered even if we have to setup a GoFundMe page.

Reactions: KisteK and kl40504
Twitter has Beard all but gone after this season.. dude has won.. everywhere!!

Best of Luck keeping him!
Few and What's his name at Villanova have decided to stay at their teams.

edit: Jay Wright.

KU makes BIG 12 a BIg deal.

I'm probably way off, but I'm just thinking out loud. I'm not as educated as yall.

Texas deal kind of ****ed Big 12. Big 12 still has a tv station right>? I've never paid attention.

SEC was already making crazy money PRIOR to the SEC Network So the SEC just gave ESPN a slice.. South and football and yeah...south. So ESPN just dividded up (not divided, but the slang divieded up...nvm), and the rich got richer. ACC is about to ...finally get their own channel but they have to make less than the Big 12 don't they?

I know I'm not asking this right.

Some smart guy take pity on this uninformed guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK and kl40504
Few and What's his name at Villanova have decided to stay at their teams.

edit: Jay Wright.

KU makes BIG 12 a BIg deal.

I'm probably way off, but I'm just thinking out loud. I'm not as educated as yall.

Texas deal kind of ****ed Big 12. Big 12 still has a tv station right>? I've never paid attention.

SEC was already making crazy money PRIOR to the SEC Network So the SEC just gave ESPN a slice.. South and football and yeah...south. So ESPN just dividded up (not divided, but the slang divieded up...nvm), and the rich got richer. ACC is about to ...finally get their own channel but they have to make less than the Big 12 don't they?

I know I'm not asking this right.

Some smart guy take pity on this uninformed guy.
Long way around to say an SEC job is better than a Big 12 job.

*nervous energy*

Last edited:
Reactions: kl40504
He was on Jim Rome talking about building the program in the future.

I think he will respectfully listen to everyone but I think he might stick around a few years. I think the fanbase will be willing to match any money he is offered even if we have to setup a GoFundMe page.
LOL, you're new at this. You haven't learned yet that coaches don't just come out and say

"yeah, I'm going to explore my options and prolly take a better job when this season is over".

I hope TT keeps him, but big money and better programs are tough to turn down.

LOL, you're new at this. You haven't learned yet that coaches don't just come out and say

"yeah, I'm going to explore my options and prolly take a better job when this season is over".

I remember by being almost convinced Calipari was staying at Memphis. Got off the plane and said "wtf", I'm staying here". Then he realized. I no longer have to sell tickets, or offer FedEx jobs, or deal with this when finally they do something.

That was a crazy tournament. Players apartments were being burgled while they were on tv.

Local clubs swearing a player was here doing bad shit while he was in Alabama.

Crazy.

Drake's dad is a hell of a guy. Calipari bailed to UK but not for what ppl think. He's the farthest thing from a southern guy. Leave it at that.

Kentucky has richness. That's apparently more appealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: kl40504

I get everyone would leave Lubbock and Texas Tech in a heartbeat. I think Beard might hesitate more. Also we will match any money he's offered.

I believe Iowa and TT are in the same holiday tourney next season, so we can end the debate once and for all. ; )

Reactions: TechFan88
I thought Reggie Miller's comment last night regarding the Tech practice session was particularly interesting. Something along the lines of, "I've been doing this for 9 years, and that was the best practice I've seen."

There will be decent offers available for Beard, but seems like he might want to wait for a more prestigious coaching position. Arkansas, LSU, UCLA, Texas A&M - those are good schools, but not sure it's a huge upgrade from Texas Tech, a place where he's established a nice program. And let's not forget he's bringing in a top 15 recruiting class next year.

I thought Reggie Miller's comment last night regarding the Tech practice session was particularly interesting. Something along the lines of, "I've been doing this for 9 years, and that was the best practice I've seen."

There will be decent offers available for Beard, but seems like he might want to wait for a more prestigious coaching position. Arkansas, LSU, UCLA, Texas A&M - those are good schools, but not sure it's a huge upgrade from Texas Tech, a place where he's established a nice program. And let's not forget he's bringing in a top 15 recruiting class next year.

It'd be tough to turn down UCLA.

It'd be tough to turn down UCLA.
That's what I'm saying man.

dazed_and_confused_3.jpg

I get everyone would leave Lubbock and Texas Tech in a heartbeat. I think Beard might hesitate more. Also we will match any money he's offered.
If KU, UK, Duke or UNC wanted him, there's nothing TT university could do about it unless he just hates money and coaching at the highest levels of cbb.

Like I said, I hope he stays, but if Bill Self leaves KU, be worried.

How the HELL did WVU beat that TT team? lol

Turnovers, getting killed on the glass, went down by 16 points with a little over 8 minutes left. Tech came back, though, and nearly pulled off a frenetic comeback.

The funny thing about basketball, is we often hyper-focus on one game, the most recent game usually, and then project a team's final outcome based on a really small sample size. When Gonzaga lost to Saint Mary's, the consensus was they looked like an overrated team that didn't deserve a one seed. Perhaps the same with Texas Tech losing to WVU... or MSU losing to Indiana twice. But a team's talent and potential can't be based on one game. Everyone has a crap game. Duke almost lost to Wake Forest. UNC almost lost to Miami. Kentucky lost to Alabama... Conversely, when one team plays really, really well, we start to jump on the bandwagon. Basketball is a roller-coaster, everyone has ups and downs. Generally speaking, but not always, the more consistent team wins.

Reactions: Sobek

Lol, Arkansas.

I think if I were a Tech fan the only team from that list I'd hesitate to feel confident about keeping Beard, would be the UCLA job.
He could leave and spend a few with the Bruins and once Shaka gets canned, choose Texas (alma mater) should he doesn't enjoy Cal-e-phornia..

Reactions: dukedevilz
Lol, Arkansas.

I think if I were a Tech fan the only team from that list I'd hesitate to feel confident about keeping Beard, would be the UCLA job.
He could leave and spend a few with the Bruins and once Shaka gets canned, choose Texas (alma mater) should he doesn't enjoy Cal-e-phornia..

I would agree, the other schools shouldn't be the least bit threatening. Just seems like SEC schools throw money around very loosely. Arkansas and Alabama both had HC salaries in the top 25. As far as UCLA, the only thing that would concern me if I'm Beard, is people on the West Coast don't seem to care about basketball a whole lot. Not sure a coach would really consider or think of that factor, though.

But yes, the Texas opening is a possibility. Maybe Kansas, should Self depart. If he does decide to leave, it should be for a top-10 coaching position. Anything else is nothing more than a lateral movement.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT