ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes, projected 2 seed Louisville goes down to 13 loss G-Tech

I actually think Georgia Tech is undervalued a bit. They played a good chunk of November and December without two starters. And their depth is not very good. That hurt a lot. They haven't been blown out by a single team since Alvarado came back in late December. A lot of close losses.

They were beating Duke with a few minutes left in the game. Certainly gave Louisville a scare in the first matchup. That game was decided in the final minute. They beat NC State twice. Most of their losses are single-digit. They are not a team that should be overlooked.
Shhh, quit bringing logic into this discussion. These guys wanna feel better about their loss to a sub 200 team that isn’t in a power 5 conference.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Shhh, quit bringing logic into this discussion. These guys wanna feel better about their loss to a sub 200 team that isn’t in a power 5 conference.
I will take a loss against a sub 500 team in OOC over one in conference play any time it’s offered

That Alvarado kid, and their big James Banks are pretty good.

Alvarado is definitely underrated within the league. Dude has a level of arrogance and swagger that is Vasquez like. Banks is an excellent shot blocker and could probably be more of an offensive force but seems passive at times on the offensive end.

That Alvarado kid, and their big James Banks are pretty good.
Banks played well against Duke in thier meeting too. Their other big fella as well. I don't like Pastner, at all, but he has them playing tough. I get that it isn't a great resume builder, but it wasn't like you lost to Stephen Freaking Austin....at home.

Reactions: UL_1986
Banks played well against Duke in thier meeting too. Their other big fella as well. I don't like Pastner, at all, but he has them playing tough. I get that it isn't a great resume builder, but it wasn't like you lost to Stephen Freaking Austin....at home.

Cards were going to lose again.
Rather beat virginia.
Did.
The Cards will beat them on March the 7th.

I thought the loss was worse than what it is. Apparently it’s only a Q2 loss.

Still not good losing to Josh Pastner but I’ll accept if it means it refocuses them and we start another big win streak.

Time will tell. Two Q1 opportunities left. Win those and this doesnt matter.

Alvarado is definitely underrated within the league. Dude has a level of arrogance and swagger that is Vasquez like. Banks is an excellent shot blocker and could probably be more of an offensive force but seems passive at times on the offensive end.
Solid comparison. Another thing i noticed was how passionate and vocal he was in the huddle. We had like 4 or 5 minutes to go, and they’d cut to our huddle, and our players looked like they wanted to take a nap.

South Carolina is better the Georgia tech. Evansville is the worst. Kind of a moot point but whatever
Just think it’s weird to point out a loss to a bad team (our first q2 loss) when you guys have just as bad losses.

Solid comparison. Another thing i noticed was how passionate and vocal he was in the huddle. We had like 4 or 5 minutes to go, and they’d cut to our huddle, and our players looked like they wanted to take a nap.

For them, regular season is the ONLY thing that matters since they can't play in any postseason play. I can understand the sense of urgency for a team like GT more than a team like Louisville then.

For them, regular season is the ONLY thing that matters since they can't play in any postseason play. I can understand the sense of urgency for a team like GT more than a team like Louisville then.
We came out flat against them in a January when we won. They play hard, and you’re probably right. Since they don’t have a post season, why not battle? Kudos to them. Those cocksuckers.

Reactions: jhmossy
.....keep up that wishful thinking. You seem to do that every year (especially in December) only to be let down time and time again.
You’re the king of wishful thinking. We will be a better seed. It’s not rocket science.

Its just a game. All the smack talk,
I take it in as fun. A respite from life.

A good friend of mine had a stroke Sunday.
Life is more important.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

I lost a coworker a couple weeks ago. I took this business over 3 years ago, this guy came along with the business as a plumber (we build cell towers, but oh well). He sat in my office and talked my ear off every morning for an hour.
Just before Christmas he told me he couldn't eat, sleep or drink, but didn't want to go in to the doctor until his appointment on January 7th. I made him go on the 30th of December, because it was getting worse.
Tests came back the next day… stage 4 liver cancer that had moved into his lungs, spleen, brain and colon. He was 50. I can't believe how fast that happened.

Anyway, go Cats

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Just think it’s weird to point out a loss to a bad team (our first q2 loss) when you guys have just as bad losses.
To be fair, UK's loss, as unbelievable as it was, happened in early November, 2nd game of the season and we did have injuries (EJ and Hagans).

To be fair, UK's loss, as unbelievable as it was, happened in early November, 2nd game of the season and we did have injuries (EJ and Hagans).
South Carolina wasn’t a good loss. Plus we’ve already beat G Tech, and when you guys played Tech their best player was injured. Still no excuse for the loss though. We played like dookie.

ADVERTISEMENT