ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all better watch out for next year

Vols will be back next year...

Yep. Even I said that, or at least thought it. And if McCormack shows that much improvement I will eat my crow.

I’m hoping he’ll improve in some areas, but he was pretty efficient for a big that shoots a lot of mid-range jumpers. Plays pretty good defense and can rebound.

It’s just funny to see Kentucky fans say this. Your lofty expectations every year always involve some 3 ppg sophomores making a huge jump.

Reactions: RipThru and jhmossy
I’m hoping he’ll improve in some areas, but he was pretty efficient for a big that shoots a lot of mid-range jumpers. Plays pretty good defense and can rebound.

It’s just funny to see Kentucky fans say this. Your lofty expectations every year always involve some 3 ppg sophomores making a huge jump.

Like Immanuel Quickley?

Speaking of, I can’t believe Hagans isnprojected to go higher than quickley. I know Hagans is the better defender, probly has better handles, but he can’t shoot.

Quickley was so impressive this year, dude can do it all and had shown great poise in clutch situations. Idk I’d take Quickley over Hagans in a heartbeat but I’m also not an nba scout.

And I’ll take a leg and a wing of that crow, bc I routinely dogged Richards before the season for missing dunks and looking confused, but he proved me a fool and had anhelluva season. I Wouldn’t be surprised if he went pro, but I don’t follow mocks too closely to know how high on the radar he is.

Reactions: RipThru
Most of those players improved freshman to sophomore year. Not sure what you’re arguing here. Still venting?

Name one of them that made a big jump from freshman to sophomore year.

Oh, but Quickley made a nice jump so the point is invalid, right?

Name one of them that made a big jump from freshman to sophomore year.

Oh, but Quickley made a nice jump so the point is invalid, right?
I mean, your post implied freshman don’t make a big jump at UK and were given examples about how you were wrong. Handle that how you will

I mean, your post implied freshman don’t make a big jump at UK and were given examples about how you were wrong. Handle that how you will

I thought that what I said was pretty clear. And it never included a suggestion that NO Kentucky freshmen improve as sophomores.

But it's almost like you're trying to prove my original point for me. Why should McCormack not be expected to improve?

Even if next season started today, I'm pretty sure he'd hold it down fairly well. His minutes were limited due to playing behind arguably the best big in the country, but he put up some big numbers when he got opportunities. Shot 11 of 14 in one game, 7 of 8, 7 of 9, and a lot of 3-4, 5-7 type games. Pretty efficient for a player that shoots a lot of midrange jumpers. There are things that he can improve, but if you guys had him, you'd all be hyping him up. Yet, since he plays for KU, they're "screwed."

I thought that what I said was pretty clear. And it never included a suggestion that NO Kentucky freshmen improve as sophomores.

But it's almost like you're trying to prove my original point for me. Why should McCormack not be expected to improve?

Even if next season started today, I'm pretty sure he'd hold it down fairly well. His minutes were limited due to playing behind arguably the best big in the country, but he put up some big numbers when he got opportunities. Shot 11 of 14 in one game, 7 of 8, 7 of 9, and a lot of 3-4, 5-7 type games. Pretty efficient for a player that shoots a lot of midrange jumpers. There are things that he can improve, but if you guys had him, you'd all be hyping him up. Yet, since he plays for KU, they're "screwed."
I never said he wouldn’t improve. I always expect freshman at schools like KU and UK to improve if the stay.

I never said he wouldn’t improve. I always expect freshman at schools like KU and UK to improve if the stay.
Most don't seem to improve that much though and the schools are better off plucking elite freshmen or high level transfers.

The Zags are doing it right; Mark Few has no qualms about plucking good to great transfers and providing continuity for the program.

There's some rumblings that Tre Jones will return for Duke which would solidly make us top 5 with the return of Moore and Hurt most likely.

Jalen Johnson might a be an Ingram or Tatum caliber player as a freshman wing.

Or Montgomery, Green, Hagans, Killeya Jones, Richards as a sophomore, Wynyard...just to name a few recent ones.

3 of those dudes transferred, so maybe they figured out they were in over their head?

ADVERTISEMENT