ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all better watch out for next year

Gonzaga is going to be absolutely stacked next year. The only likely loss is going to be Petrusev, who is good, but I would say he's the worst Center that Gonzaga has had in a while. The center replacing him is an absolute stud too. Oumar Ballo is going to be a beast.

Plus the are bringing in the #2 Point guard, and 2 other top 60 recruits.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I can buy WVU. And yeah, Gonzaga will be stacked.

FSU could be anywhere from Final Four favorite time solid second weekend team. Depends if Devin Vassell and Patrick Williams come back.

Reactions: Big ol arms
Three straight years of freaky endings....

1) a 16 seed beats a 1
2) Virginia wins a championship
3) tournament cancelled

all three are hard to believe

And among these three highly unlikely events, the 2nd one was the hardest to believe still, but it happened.
SmokinSmile

Why would extra eligibility be granted?
Backlash is already here, and it's going to get worse.

The NCAA f***ed up big time, even when they fully knew this would come. They apparently are either turning a blind eye to seniors of winter sports, OR more likely, are willing to accept the consequences and deal with them................just not right now because, look over there! It's the #Coronavirus!!! :eek::eek::eek:

FWIW, there's already rumors that they will at least grant an extra year of eligibility to spring sport athletes considering their seasons barely got started.

KU is going to be really good next year even without Dotson and Dok

Gonzaga is going to be absolutely stacked next year. The only likely loss is going to be Petrusev, who is good, but I would say he's the worst Center that Gonzaga has had in a while. The center replacing him is an absolute stud too. Oumar Ballo is going to be a beast.

Plus the are bringing in the #2 Point guard, and 2 other top 60 recruits.

Petrusev does seem a little soft. I guess he's what you might call a finesse player. But yes, if Jalen Suggs ends up in Spokane, I think the Zags gotta be preseason #1. You guys will be talented and deep.

Backlash is already here, and it's going to get worse.

The NCAA f***ed up big time, even when they fully knew this would come. They apparently are either turning a blind eye to seniors of winter sports, OR more likely, are willing to accept the consequences and deal with them................just not right now because, look over there! It's the #Coronavirus!!! :eek::eek::eek:

FWIW, there's already rumors that they will at least grant an extra year of eligibility to spring sport athletes considering their seasons barely got started.

Spring sports I get. Look at outdoor track and field. That sport hasn't started yet. By definition everyone just took a medical redshirt. But basketball seems like a pretty big stretch. They played 30+ games.

Who all is supposed to be on the team next year? Garrett, McCormack, Braun, uhhh Lightfoot?
1.) Garrett
2.) Thompson
3.) Ochai
4.) Braun
5.) McCormack

Bench:
Harris (Self speaks very highly of)
Grant-Foster
Wilson
Enaruna
Silvio
Lightfoot

Self said Grant-Foster would have been the best player on this years team so I imagine he is a candidate to eventually start

I don’t know if it’s true and I doubt it will happen even if it’s true but I heard somewhere that supposedly at least a couple of college basketball coaches are talking about starting a petition to get the NCAA to allow seniors to receive an extra year of eligibility due to the conference tournaments and NCAA Tournament being cancelled because of the coronavirus.

Yeah, Texas should be replaced with WVU. We have pretty much everyone coming back and 2 good recruits to add to the roster. Only losing 1 average starter.

Texas as of right now doesn't lose anyone.
The question is do they bring in Greg Brown.
If not they have one scholarship open.

Brown and Kai Jones would be the most athletic frontcourt in basketball.

All about what Shaka does.

1.) Garrett
2.) Thompson
3.) Ochai
4.) Braun
5.) McCormack

Bench:
Harris (Self speaks very highly of)
Grant-Foster
Wilson
Enaruna
Silvio
Lightfoot

Self said Grant-Foster would have been the best player on this years team so I imagine he is a candidate to eventually start

When did Self say that? Seems hard to believe. I see that he was the top juco in the country though.

I'm not optimistic that KU will be even close to this level next year. Unless something crazy happens, like Dotson returning. Self actually said that Udoka still has eligibility. But that's not happening.

When did Self say that? Seems hard to believe. I see that he was the top juco in the country though.

I'm not optimistic that KU will be even close to this level next year. Unless something crazy happens, like Dotson returning. Self actually said that Udoka still has eligibility. But that's not happening.
We will be a 1 seed. Guarantee it. We will be legit.

ADVERTISEMENT