ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo's got some dirt...

Good thing for KU is the 15k to Elijah Johnson was 2 years after he left KU. 1700 to apples eh not that much.

400 hundred dollars and some chicken. What? Others are dishing out thousands yet we are in the headline? Another ESPN attack on MSU

They are making it look way worse than it actually is for some of these schools man. I had no clue taking someone out to dinner was a violation.

So Sexton, Wendell Carter, and Miles Bridges likely to be ruled ineligible.

Probably just the tip of the iceberg.

NCAA tournament may end up sucking this year.
He took the mom out to dinner. Others got payed thousands. I doubt it

F
Let's have some fun.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/exclus...g-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html[/QUOTE

First of all let's separate "illegal" from against NCAA rules. If a parent takes out a loan on a minor child against future earnings before he commits to a school what's illegal? The government has done that to the tune of a trillion dollars of school debt to be paid back with future earnings. As long as the loans to the parent are legitimate and not tied to enrollment in a certain school there is nothing wrong.If the NCAA does not come into the modern world of amateurism the schools will just take their footballs and a basketballs home. The TV payout would still be huge to the schools.

They are making it look way worse than it actually is for some of these schools man. I had no clue taking someone out to dinner was a violation.

It’s an issue because this is just one agency being audited. There is a lot more than just one agency. Also no one has even looked at football yet and the exponentially larger number of athletes in that sport.

Self had to cheat for those two final fours. Even more sad.

George! Yeah man, where the hell have you been?

I'm hoping its nothing. But honestly, my guess is the game is thoroughly corrupt, and unfortunately, if I was a betting man I'd bet my alma mater is involved.

Bagley... who knows. Having read a lot about his journey and schools, it doesn't seem like a particularly "dirty" story... more about trying to get to better and better places to showcase his ability. But if top players are getting paid... well, he is certainly a top player.

Right? Who is this nobody? Has anyone ever seen this guy post before?
Got a new job and didnt want to immediately crap around on Rivals lol. This news may bring me back in a little.

And yeah, dont know specifics aboutBagley, so I probably shouldnt have said anything, but just plenty of whispers. I would love to hear the behind the scenes stories for a lot of these guys, and not to get anyone busted either. I am sure Ayton has a good story too haha

I don't think many are going to really get 'hit' in any sense we would consider it anything noteworthy.

That's true, if someone's dinner got paid that's not a big deal. I don't know what the so called cap is when it comes to impermissible benefits.

Reactions: KisteK
You have to understand the OAD rule is somewhat behind all this. The NCAA can't do nothing about it because it's on the NBA to change it. You're still going to have some shady dealings if that rule is changed. I say and the NBA has to co sign you can go pro out of high school but if you go to college you have to stay at least 2 years to be draft eligible.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I cant even imagine how long we will have to deal with this instead of just talking basketball.
The board has already turned into a shit show. This will only take it further down the gutter. Seems most threads around here are taking quick turns for the worse due to an assortment of UNC, KU, Duke, and UK fans.

Reactions: American Male
Tom Izzo is now right in the middle of two different scandals and I guarantee he will continue being blindly defended despite evidence hes guilty in both scandals

He absolutely needs to resign, but MSU athletics has reached full fever pitch Penn State cult like status, so he will continue getting blind support from fans regardless is my guess.

Lmfao

Izzo is one of the highest character guys off the court CBB has ever seen.

He’s notorious for not recruiting guys looking for money (Bowen, Jackson).

Bridges Mom took a 400 Cash advanced 5 months after he signed his LOI...lolz. If that’s what Yahoo has, that’s squeaky clean.

The board has already turned into a shit show. This will only take it further down the gutter. Seems most threads around here are taking quick turns for the worse due to an assortment of UNC, KU, Duke, and UK fans.

I always knew it was a shit show but the Purdue-Vanderbilt debate in the Louisville-UNC game thread put it over the top.

Andy Miller is Brice Johnson’s agent but he stayed 4 years and got drafted late in the first round. Justin Jackson stayed 3 years and Tony Bradley stayed 1 are the other 2 Tarheels that got drafted in the first round. This is going to be very interesting to say the least.
I don't think it matters much how long they stayed, or even whether they were drafted.

Dude seriously, what is with you and your Izzo obsession?

I think under his previous alias he was an apologist ... I think he's trying to balance.
However, he also takes Purdue losses rather poorly... esp when they get dumptruck'd in the NCAAT.

Looks like UVA is going down in flames over a $64 tab.

“3/14/2016 Ritz Carlton Malcolm Brogdon’s Mom $64.16”

Brogdon's father, Mitchell, is a lawyer and mediator. Jann Adams, Brogdon's mother, is the former chair of Morehouse College's Psychology Department. She is now the associate dean of science and math.

They definitely seem strapped for $64.

This just smells of Meeting with mom over her son's future..right at tourney times, with dude picking up the bill..
Can't even talk myself into this being a legit violation. so dumb

I don't know, man. This could turn out to be a really big deal, or it could turn into nothing for some of these schools. Whole lot of unturned stones before I claim I don't care what's going on. If UK gets hit, its gonna suck.
Being UK is the top five dirty, been there done that.UK will continue winning games and championships.

We have extra games to vacate and still be #1

ADVERTISEMENT