ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo's got some dirt...

Literally nobody is saying otherwise. It's the NCAA's fault anyway. If they would let players get paid for their likeness almost all of this would go away.
No it wouldn't, it would get worse. Are you kidding me? Let kids take money for their likeness and it makes tracking down payoffs to go to "x" school near impossible. Unless the FBI decides to step in again, lol.

Is that confirmed? Just a meal? Was legitimately worried for a second.

I’m fairly sure, given the source. I don’t wanna give up any premium content, but TJ has a solid post up on HOB that’ll probably ease your mind.

Called this when the Louisville thing broke. This is one agency, imagine what the other ones are doing. Every school is participating I'm sure, so I’m not going to get to giddy that WVU was excluded from this particular list of schools.
Yeah, as others have said, this is the tip of the iceberg. It sucks AZ's recruiting class had to be a turd because of the earlier indictments.

No it wouldn't, it would get worse. Are you kidding me? Let kids take money for their likeness and it makes tracking down payoffs to go to "x" school near impossible. Unless the FBI decides to step in again, lol.

It's no more impossible to track than kids getting paid by agents. The NCAA doesn't care. They are only covering their asses. They only care if you get caught, ie UL with hookers. The FBI is a different beast entirely.

Reactions: American Male
I'm SloppyHopkins. I've been around this block for quite a while.

If you're afraid "Duke might get busted", sounds like you know your program is dirty as hell. Pretty much all that needs to be said here.

Uh... yeah. Since August. You've been around a while.

And yes, I think anyone who is a fan of a big time program should be worried... and given our recruiting lately, sure I am nervous. That doesn't mean I "know" my program is dirty as hell, you moron; none of us know anything, because we are just fans watching from afar.

If this is a new handle, maybe go back to the old one... you might be better at this.

I'm not sure what you just asked me, but yea man come get drunk and lets steal that banner back
No need to steal it...we can visit it anytime we want now.
16150143_G.jpg

This is from just one agency. Don't breathe too easy of your players weren't named.
That’s what everyone keeps ignoring. Jay Williams publically stared that his firm was offering $100k to Kevin Love and he realized this wasn’t the career for him.

Will the FBI subpoena other firms?

Where’s the shoe money?

Reactions: Hank_
It's no more impossible to track than kids getting paid by agents. The NCAA doesn't care. They are only covering their asses. They only care if you get caught, ie UL with hookers. The FBI is a different beast entirely.
That doesn't change the fact that allowing players to get paid would make the cheating worse.

I've looked through every one of these posts and am struck by how oblivious everyone seems to be. Coaches? Hell it's Shoe money...not booster money and perks like the old days. Coaches are little more than temporary caretakers of a shoe endorsed product.

Reactions: UNC71-00
@TheDude1

It's fine that you know your program is corrupt. You don't have to pretend to hide it. People don't get nervous without suspicions. You suspect your own beloved Duke is dirty.

It's because they are. Moron.

Uh... yeah. Since August. You've been around a while.

And yes, I think anyone who is a fan of a big time program should be worried... and given our recruiting lately, sure I am nervous. That doesn't mean I "know" my program is dirty as hell, you moron; none of us know anything, because we are just fans watching from afar.

If this is a new handle, maybe go back to the old one... you might be better at this.
Hey Dude, its been a while, but ya this article is not a big deal imo. However, every school should be worried. Maybe it can bring down the NCAA, though. I would love to hear some of the details for some big names, and not to pick on you guys, but Bagley's story is probably quite interesting.

That doesn't change the fact that allowing players to get paid would make the cheating worse.

Lol. The cheating is already rampant and has been for DECADES. Having players get paid legally for their likeness would at least give you some public record. Guys are still gonna get funneled to certain schools regardless. This starts in AAU ball when agents and shoe companies get their hooks in early.

@TheDude1

It's fine that you know your program is corrupt. You don't have to pretend to hide it. People don't get nervous without suspicions. You suspect your own beloved Duke is dirty.

It's because they are. Moron.
Someone's butt hurt, did Allen bang your sister or something? Or are you another Clemson fan crying over Zion leaving you at the altar?

Reactions: TheDude1
Hey Dude, its been a while, but ya this article is not a big deal imo. However, every school should be worried. Maybe it can bring down the NCAA, though. I would love to hear some of the details for some big names, and not to pick on you guys, but Bagley's story is probably quite interesting.

George! Yeah man, where the hell have you been?

I'm hoping its nothing. But honestly, my guess is the game is thoroughly corrupt, and unfortunately, if I was a betting man I'd bet my alma mater is involved.

Bagley... who knows. Having read a lot about his journey and schools, it doesn't seem like a particularly "dirty" story... more about trying to get to better and better places to showcase his ability. But if top players are getting paid... well, he is certainly a top player.

Someone's butt hurt, did Allen bang your sister or something? Or are you another Clemson fan crying over Zion leaving you at the altar?

Right? Who is this nobody? Has anyone ever seen this guy post before?

I guess UK boosters are worthless sacks of crap because if the bag men were doing their job... Bam wouldnt of needed a loan from an agent anyways.

I have a feeling that loan was from trying to get Bam to NC State with Dennis Smith. Cal must have outbid them but isn't stupid enough to leave a paper trail.

The scary part of this whole investigation are the 4000+ tapped phone calls that the FBI has at their disposal. The list of impermissible benefits at the beginning of this thread are absolute shit compared to wire tapped calls. Every college coach in the country should be worried about wire taps.

The FBI should in their own best interest release everything they have if they are beyond certain their info will change the college basketball landscape. Quit f**king around and lay all the facts out on the table instead of releasing details little by little. If the Kansas implication is truly massive the nail them to the wall and let's move on. The same goes to any other school.

I'm not worried one bit unless something comes out that people at UK knew about it at the time....

KU didnt forfeit wins over Alexander and Duke didnt over Maggette so I'm just not worried.

That’s what everyone keeps ignoring. Jay Williams publically stared that his firm was offering $100k to Kevin Love and he realized this wasn’t the career for him.

Jay put him on blast in his book because Kevin dissed him publicly after he didn’t sign with him.

I didn’t remember 100K though. I thought it was 25K to get access before college through the AAU coach. I could be remembering that wrong though.

I know but I have a few friends who are connected to AAU hoops here in NC and they were totally shocked that he went to UK. It really doesn't matter because it looks we are all going to get hit, question is how hard?

I don't think many are going to really get 'hit' in any sense we would consider it anything noteworthy.

I'm not worried one bit unless something comes out that people at UK knew about it at the time....

KU didnt forfeit wins over Alexander and Duke didnt over Maggette so I'm just not worried.

The key here is that neither school could be implicated in the transaction. Schools shouldn't be penalized for players and their families doing shady things without their knowledge. Being forced to sit the player is punishment enough for the schools IMO.

100% correct. And I'm not sure how much we will all enjoy college basketball once this happens.
Have loved ACC B.B. before I even knew there was an NBA so I will still watch as long as Duke is still on the front of the jersey

Look at these cheater schools, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I mean, all they do is pay it back for that amount I believe.

Like I said, this seems a bit underwhelming considering the smoke that was out there.
Thought the meal had to be over 200.00 to be impermissible?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT