ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo's got some dirt...

We only have an "as of" date on these balance sheets. Some of these players had been out of school for a while.

The NCAA is going to kill itself because they refuse to let players get paid while they are making billions.

100% correct. And I'm not sure how much we will all enjoy college basketball once this happens.

Omg. How stand up of you to vacate this
tenor.gif

Give me a break. Lol.

Lol, you think that’s what I’m highlighting? Taking that away? A little self absorbed aren’t you? It’s ok, us vacating doesn’t remove your win.

Tom Izzo is now right in the middle of two different scandals and I guarantee he will continue being blindly defended despite evidence hes guilty in both scandals

He absolutely needs to resign, but MSU athletics has reached full fever pitch Penn State cult like status, so he will continue getting blind support from fans regardless is my guess.

"It was a business decision."

So you think Cal or UK sent this kid to them for a loan? Or you think they steered him to UK and Cal? If any of that occurred, fire Cal and hammer us. Ok with it. Just wondering your opinion about how Cal and/or UK is involved here.

Tom Izzo is now right in the middle of two different scandals and I guarantee he will continue being blindly defended despite evidence hes guilty in both scandals

He absolutely needs to resign, but MSU athletics has reached full fever pitch Penn State cult like status, so he will continue getting blind support from fans regardless is my guess.

Dude seriously, what is with you and your Izzo obsession?

So Sexton, Wendell Carter, and Miles Bridges likely to be ruled ineligible.

Probably just the tip of the iceberg.

NCAA tournament may end up sucking this year.

Reactions: American Male
So you think Cal or UK sent this kid to them for a loan? Or you think they steered him to UK and Cal? If any of that occurred, fire Cal and hammer us. Ok with it. Just wondering your opinion about how Cal and/or UK is involved here.

UK fans have been accusing other schools of being dirty is the problem. They based it on Kids like Cliff Alexander who’s parents received money which is similar to Bam’s situation. Where was Self involved?

The Corey Magette precedent is that if a coach claims not to know what happens in high school, then nothing happens.

Provided you are a blue blood, of course.

The ledger is dated 12/31/15 right? He ended his career in May of 2013 so there is a possibility that these advances came after his eligiblity expired. Its also possible that that's not the case.

Good catch- I didn't pay any attention to ledger date

Well if you get my point (that a lot of guys seems to be on here for meals, but there are some who are listed as having gotten tens of thousands of dollars) why not just stick with that?
Because you'd have that attitude no matter what. If bigger news about Dook does come out, you'd say:

"Well players should be played anyway. This is dumb. Everyone's doing it."

DOOK

Reactions: American Male
Looks like UVA is going down in flames over a $64 tab.

“3/14/2016 Ritz Carlton Malcolm Brogdon’s Mom $64.16”

Brogdon's father, Mitchell, is a lawyer and mediator. Jann Adams, Brogdon's mother, is the former chair of Morehouse College's Psychology Department. She is now the associate dean of science and math.

They definitely seem strapped for $64.

The Corey Magette precedent is that if a coach claims not to know what happens in high school, then nothing happens.

Provided you are a blue blood, of course.

That's rich, coming from Roy who knew every class his players took before he didn't know every class his players took.

You know Missouri or UCLA didn't suffer any consequences as well, right? Of course you didn't.

Lol, you think that’s what I’m highlighting? Taking that away? A little self absorbed aren’t you? It’s ok, us vacating doesn’t remove your win.
Just wanted to make sure and let you know I appreciate how noble you are to give up last season.

Looks like UVA is going down in flames over a $64 tab.

“3/14/2016 Ritz Carlton Malcolm Brogdon’s Mom $64.16”

Brogdon's father, Mitchell, is a lawyer and mediator. Jann Adams, Brogdon's mother, is the former chair of Morehouse College's Psychology Department. She is now the associate dean of science and math.

They definitely seem strapped for $64.

This is just a reimbursement form. Pretty easy to say these are fabricated unless they have proof and Dawkins cooperates worth the NCAA.

UK fans have been accusing other schools of being dirty is the problem. They based it on Kids like Cliff Alexander who’s parents received money which is similar to Bam’s situation. Where was Self involved?

Didn’t say he was. To the contrary, I asked what’re any of the coaches are implicated

Isn't the NCAA limit $10,000. If you took less than that, you're allowed to pay it back/ sit some games and if it's more than that, the games are vacated. Is that true?

I mean, all they do is pay it back for that amount I believe.

Like I said, this seems a bit underwhelming considering the smoke that was out there.

Beat me to it.

I agree, it was underwhelming

I mean, all they do is pay it back for that amount I believe.

Like I said, this seems a bit underwhelming considering the smoke that was out there.

Meh. If that’s the worst to come out who cares. If Wendell misses any games over this that will piss me off, however.

Reactions: tw3301
Beat me to it

Plus, and I know this will run counter to what some other UNC fans believe, I find it tough to be all in and teams like UK and Duke going down for these OAD guys anyway when they didn't create the rule making these guys go to college. Of course, that is unless coaches were a part of the 'paying' or whatever but I doubt that is the case. There is nothing a coach can do to stop a kid from taking some money and it seems kind of hollow for the NCAA to be the cash cow it is and hammer schools over some poor kid whose family has probably struggled his entire life taking a few thousand dollars. I'm a little surprised it doesn't happen more often tbh.

Slow down there guy. I don’t see any indication of these documents the schools were involved. For the ones who took loans or advances, vacate. The ones who had dinner? Not sure how big of a deal that really is.
For one, this isn't news to the coaches. They just plead ignorance because they can't stop the players' family from doing this crap. This is one agency. There are tons of these guys out there. There are players and families from "clean" programs large and small operating in this fashion. This is not some secret. It's the way business is done. The clean coaches don't put themselves in the middle of these operations, but they know what's going down. The shady ones connect themselves directly to it. So, there are varying degrees of "dirty", but no one is "clean" by the NCAA's standard.

Reactions: mtsuhog85

But, did you see him crying when Tum Tum checked out? .

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Just wanted to make sure and let you know I appreciate how noble you are to give up last season.

I doubt this is the last of this. While coaches and schools may not be involved and it would suck for the other players, coaches and fans to suffer the consequences of a few individuals actions, I’m ok with vacating any season like that, not just last year. Even if that means 2012.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT