ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo's got some dirt...

"There’s potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools."

ScalyGreedyIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Not looking forward to this, although as of right now for some of it it isn't huge... Carter from Duke, for example, is just listed as having had dinner with the agent; what matters is who paid for dinner.

Some others, though...

What is “Pacers Basketball” listed under assets? Because there’s an AAU program in Kansas City called the KC Pacers and they have some good players. Perhaps that’s them?

Also, Wade Baldwin was given some $. Is that enough reason to fire Stallings? :rolleyes:

Not looking forward to this, although as of right now for some of it it isn't huge... Carter from Duke, for example, is just listed as having had dinner with the agent; what matters is who paid for dinner.

Some others, though...

Andy Miller is Brice Johnson’s agent but he stayed 4 years and got drafted late in the first round. Justin Jackson stayed 3 years and Tony Bradley stayed 1 are the other 2 Tarheels that got drafted in the first round. This is going to be very interesting to say the least.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81

Some others, though...
Tip of the iceberg. This is just agency money from one place. There are other agents and then the shoe money still to come.
giphy.gif

Some others, though...
What matters about the Duke guy? Everyone else, though, just wow!

Lol @ Dook fans.

I do get your point though.

The fact thst Demetrious Jackson is mentioned as accepting dinner with an agent and that's the loan mention of Notre Dame, makes me even more confident that Mike Brey is playing by the rules for the most part. I doubt Brey had anything to do with the dinner. Anytime you're recruting a 5 star kid in basketball, you're running the risk of him taking small benefits like dinner, that you may not be aware of. I'm good with everything so far.

The fact thst Demetrious Jackson is mentioned as accepting dinner with an agent and that's the loan mention of Notre Dame, makes me even more confident that Mike Brey is playing by the rules for the most part. I doubt Brey had anything to do with the dinner. Anytime you're recruting a 5 star kid in basketball, you're running the risk of him taking small benefits like dinner, that you may not be aware of. I'm good with everything so far.
One thing this article tells me is exactly the opposite of this. No program has control, and no one is clean.

Ku, Duke, UNC, UK, ND, Texas, NC State, Maryland, South Carolina. Michigan State. The list includes everyone.

Wichita State too

How could I leave off Virginia my apologies @jhmossy

Not everyone...maybe the Hogs shytty seasons are "paying" off.

One thing this article tells me is exactly the opposite of this. No program has control, and no one is clean.

Slow down there guy. I don’t see any indication of these documents the schools were involved. For the ones who took loans or advances, vacate. The ones who had dinner? Not sure how big of a deal that really is.

There’s one thing everyone here is dying to know.
Is Iowa on the list? ;)
They would be if Alford was coach still. I know for a fact Pierrre Pierce got paid, straight from one of his former assistant coaches I know well.

Slow down there guy. I don’t see any indication of these documents the schools were involved. For the ones who took loans or advances, vacate. The ones who had dinner? Not sure how big of a deal that really is.

It isn’t a huge deal. Pay it off when it is discovered is my understanding.

Reactions: keith37
What matters about the Duke guy? Everyone else, though, just wow!

Lol @ Dook fans.

I do get your point though.

Well if you get my point (that a lot of guys seems to be on here for meals, but there are some who are listed as having gotten tens of thousands of dollars) why not just stick with that?

Ok boss...this is just the beginning of the info coming out. And he recruited these kids to YOUR program.

That’s fine. If our program is doing any of this, hammer us. Apparently, unlike you, I’m all for accountability. If it is a single player or even multiple, vacate the seasons they played in. All for it. But let’s be careful connecting programs to this at this point.

Reactions: keith37
Andy Miller is Brice Johnson’s agent but he stayed 4 years and got drafted late in the first round. Justin Jackson stayed 3 years and Tony Bradley stayed 1 are the other 2 Tarheels that got drafted in the first round. This is going to be very interesting to say the least.

Also regarding this list, it doesn't give any timeline as to when the meetings/loans took place. And there are also NBA players on the list, so it could be that any one of the transactions took place after college career was over, except for those on the list who are still in college.

That’s fine. If our program is doing any of this, hammer us. Apparently, unlike you, I’m all for accountability. If it is a single player or even multiple, vacate the seasons they played in. All for it. But let’s be careful connecting programs to this at this point.

"It was a business decision."

ADVERTISEMENT