ADVERTISEMENT

X Factor for Your Team

MGC_07

Jun 29, 2016
For MSU, I have to go with our 2 centers Mady Sissoko and Jaxon Kohler.

Sissoko has a body chiseled out of Marble but just seems to have a tough time playing at the speed of college basketball. He got 0 minutes in March Madness for us.

And Kohler has been pegged as having the best footwork of any post player in the 2022 class but unfortunately body wise has some work to do and isn’t a huge center either. While he’s put up impressive numbers at high level competitions, will someone built like him get abused at the next level?

These two guys are our only options at the 5. If they both are what I think they will be, MSU is in some trouble. More than anyone, we need these guys to exceed expectations and be ready to contribute, because this roster has talent elsewhere (AJ Hoggard, Tyson Walker, Malik Hall, Joey Hauser, Jaden Akins)

Reactions: KisteK
We need two more guards, but the X factor is El Ellis and Sydney Curry. Those guys get everyone else involved, we will be in good shape. I expect Curry to have a breakout season. Dude is a ****in specimen.

Reactions: KisteK
For Kansas

Center - Zach Clemence
Guard - Bobby Pettiford

Jalen Wilson and Kevin McCullar are going to lead in defense and scoring. Harris will get 6-7 points and lock down . Dick and Rice will will score and bring energy. Clemence and former top 50 center who can shoot needs to come in and be a major player. If these 2 bring it, KU has a chance at another FF.

Reactions: MGC_07
For Kansas

Center - Zach Clemence
Guard - Bobby Pettiford

Jalen Wilson and Kevin McCullar are going to lead in defense and scoring. Harris will get 6-7 points and lock down . Dick and Rice will will score and bring energy. Clemence and former top 50 center who can shoot needs to come in and be a major player. If these 2 bring it, KU has a chance at another FF.
I’m going with Yesfu. He showed some promise and his minutes decreased when Remy came back.

• Love
Reactions: ThePhog08
I'm expecting Obanor to be the "Guy" but the X factor will likely be Aimaq. Just depends if he can hang with a bump to competition in B12.

Indiana's "X" factor is, well, actually "X"--as in Xavier Johnson. IU will be as good as he is, TBH. WIll he have his head on straight? And not just ON the floor---but OFF. I;d have to say his leash is very, very short. Indiana loses him, and, well..........Although I do think JHS would eventually be just fine at PG. But X makes this team go.

I think asides from him, probably Tamar Bates.

If Yesufu plays a load of minutes, I'm assuming it'll be bc Pettiford is injured ..
Bc I lean

Harris/Pettiford*
McCullar/Rice
Dick/Rice
Wilson/Adams*
Clemence*/Udeh

Sprinkle in Ejiofor, Martin, Yesufu, Cuffe

The sophomores are my X factors, Kansas needs them to be productive and dependable (imo).

For MSU, I have to go with our 2 centers Mady Sissoko and Jaxon Kohler.

Sissoko has a body chiseled out of Marble but just seems to have a tough time playing at the speed of college basketball. He got 0 minutes in March Madness for us.

And Kohler has been pegged as having the best footwork of any post player in the 2022 class but unfortunately body wise has some work to do and isn’t a huge center either. While he’s put up impressive numbers at high level competitions, will someone built like him get abused at the next level?

These two guys are our only options at the 5. If they both are what I think they will be, MSU is in some trouble. More than anyone, we need these guys to exceed expectations and be ready to contribute, because this roster has talent elsewhere (AJ Hoggard, Tyson Walker, Malik Hall, Joey Hauser, Jaden Akins)
Twitter has me all excited for Jaxon Kohler

I feel like I could pick 6 or 7 different guys that could be the X factor for UK. But I'm gonna go with Cason Wallace. If he's as good or better than pre-injury TyTy then that will be huge for the Cats.

Pick any of our guards but probably more so Xavier Johnson. Played pretty good towards end of last year. Has to be more efficient for IU to be a top 10-15 team.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT