ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's Wes Harris punches fan during court storming...

So college kids can’t have fun? You act like you saw a bunch of 40 year olds rushing the floor. As for why we stormed the floor i couldn’t tell you. We go back in time just like you guys, oh btw you forgot Lehigh.
There are so many ways for college kids to have fun. That is a lame thing to say.

I did not forget Lehigh. They are not relevant to the discussion. But yes, you guys rushed the court against a team that still had players from the team that lost to Lehigh two years earlier.

Reactions: tw3301 and npreston
Absolutely disgraceful, typical WVU a-hole. Huggins would suspend this guy for the remainder of the season if he had any dignity.

So college kids can’t have fun? You act like you saw a bunch of 40 year olds rushing the floor. As for why we stormed the floor i couldn’t tell you. We go back in time just like you guys, oh btw you forgot Lehigh.
To be fair, you don't see other blue bloods students rush the court. Maybe the current UNC fans are slow learners, but some of the elder statesman of the program should teach the history of the program in something besides Swahili.

Maybe the elder statesmen also are slow learners and ok it.

its been decades since
Tech had a really good team,
so i can understand their excitement -
but for the safety of the students
and athletes,
there needs to be a remedy for this
other than a small fine from
the B12 commish -

I love a good haiku.

Reactions: speedfrk
Congratulations on your win
thx - i thot it was a big win for the program,
esp playin without a sr starter -

I said a streak ending win over a rival.
i understood yer assertion
and i stretched it a bit,
but my response is still technically correct -

I said it should not happen when both teams are ranked in the top ten ever
i think there's a bigger picture
than simply being ranked top ten -
if tech were a perpetual contender like duke,
i'd agree -

I understand the excitement
i do believe that the league needs to address
the safety concerns
for students and athletes -
maybe restrict the crowd
for a minute or two
while the teams walk the line,
and the visiting team can leave the floor -

Maybe I am just being a stubborn ass.
nah -

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
WVU had a 11 point lead with 13 minutes left. Yet at the final whistle it was a one point win for Tech over the #2 team in the country. (So it was a comeback.) We ended WVU's winning streak. It's the first time Tech won a Top 10 matchup in school history. (So we have never done this before ever.)

Now if I would have been at the game I would be telling people not to rush the court. They also certainly shouldn't touch the WVU players. If Wes Harris had to get a guy off him he had to get a guy off him. But I don't understand the #50 pushing into the crowd and just start attacking people.

Think what it must be like to be pissed off after a hard fought loss and have thousands of rowdy fans
suddenly running at you and in your face.

Hard to think clearly and make the right choice in that spot.

Absolutely disgraceful, typical WVU a-hole. Huggins would suspend this guy for the remainder of the season if he had any dignity.

Your obsession with wvu is weird... and only proves how relevant and in your head we really are.

Do u ever see wvu posters start a thread about Villanova? Lol

Reactions: KisteK
To be fair, you don't see other blue bloods students rush the court. Maybe the current UNC fans are slow learners, but some of the elder statesman of the program should teach the history of the program in something besides Swahili.

Maybe the elder statesmen also are slow learners and ok it.

That was weak dude. I’m sure you can do better.

There are so many ways for college kids to have fun. That is a lame thing to say.

I did not forget Lehigh. They are not relevant to the discussion. But yes, you guys rushed the court against a team that still had players from the team that lost to Lehigh two years earlier.

You’re right there’s many ways for kids to have fun but they chose that one. I agree storming the court is dangerous and it would be nice if the ACC followed the SECs’ lead on this.

You’re right there’s many ways for kids to have fun but they chose that one. I agree storming the court is dangerous and it would be nice if the ACC followed the SECs’ lead on this.
If Duke fans rushed the court after beating a 5 loss unc team, would you say it was just college kids having fun? Or would you be like, lol look at those ***s?

roy williams took his players off the court with like 30 seconds left at fsu a few years ago. he was trashed for it by other fans and called a sore loser. Cal started doing the same if an L was imminent and was trashed for it. If the game went all the way to the buzzer and it was an upset, guess these students wouldnt think it was as fun and spontaneous to wait until the players were safely off the court.

When i watched rasslin as a teenager, saw stone cold beat the crap out of a guy that ran into the ring and the camera moved away. a buddys uncle ran into the ring to try to help ricky dragon steamboat and the dragon and the other guy put him in icu. The wrestlers had to look out for one another. He could probably sue in this day and age.

dont know how to stop it, the students dont seem to care much about the fines to the school.

roy williams took his players off the court with like 30 seconds left at fsu a few years ago. he was trashed for it by other fans and called a sore loser. Cal started doing the same if an L was imminent and was trashed for it. If the game went all the way to the buzzer and it was an upset, guess these students wouldnt think it was as fun and spontaneous to wait until the players were safely off the court.

When i watched rasslin as a teenager, saw stone cold beat the crap out of a guy that ran into the ring and the camera moved away. a buddys uncle ran into the ring to try to help ricky dragon steamboat and the dragon and the other guy put him in icu. The wrestlers had to look out for one another. He could probably sue in this day and age.

dont know how to stop it, the students dont seem to care much about the fines to the school.

Wes Harris should have broke out the stone cold stunner!

c0m-Xi.gif

Roy Williams got criticized for that because he took himself and his important players off the court and left the scrubs for the wolves. His intentions were probably in the right place, but he should have pulled all of his players.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
If Duke fans rushed the court after beating a 5 loss unc team, would you say it was just college kids having fun? Or would you be like, lol look at those ***s?

Personally it wouldn’t bother me. I’m all about kids having fun but it seems some of you get pissy when that happens, especially if your team is on the losing end. If the ACC stopped it then I’ll be fine with it.

Roy Williams got criticized for that because he took himself and his important players off the court and left the scrubs for the wolves. His intentions were probably in the right place, but he should have pulled all of his players.

Yeah, that wasn’t a good look.

I don't see any punishment handed out for the punches thrown at the end of yesterdays WVU/TTU game. In that moment, it was the perfect sh*tstorm of circumstances. I'm not opposed of court storming but if you're going to do it, stay the hell away from the players as they shake hands as well as when they leave the floor to head back to their lockerroom.

I’ll say it again.... Good for the WVU player for throwing a hook. I don’t blame him one bit, and would encourage he do it again if given the chance. If you’re not in the game, stay the fvck off the court.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
The need to implement something that allows the visiting team to get off the court before the fans are allowed to rush it. Not some classless move, like when a coach takes his best players to the locker room and then left his lower/younger on the court by themselves to get trampled. Talk about not caring about your players.

You enter a cage at the zoo you know the risks. I’m good with the punch.

nintchdbpict000367123957.jpg
Did you just compare basketball players to wild animals? Yeah, you did. Wow. Either you are some sort of horrible racist, or you just make really bad analogies. I would bet on the latter, but in this age of Trump and all the morons on here that love him, you never know.

HOWEVER, I'm not a fan of rushing the field/court. If that kid grabbed Harris, he deserved the punch.

Did you just compare basketball players to wild animals? Yeah, you did. Wow. Either you are some sort of horrible racist, or you just make really bad analogies. I would bet on the latter, but in this age of Trump and all the morons on here that love him, you never know.

HOWEVER, I'm not a fan of rushing the field/court. If that kid grabbed Harris, he deserved the punch.
Get out of here with this garbage. First of all, that is not a wild animal. The analogy was if a person puts themself in the cage with a tiger, they what they get. Only a POS would somehow interpret that as comparing players to animals or racism. But in this age of progressive race baiters, it's to be expected. I always love it when people call other people morons while making themselves look like the true moron.

Did not disagree with Roy pulling the players, but to just pull the starters and left the scrubs out there for the mob, but, even worse he left as well, and showed no caring for the 5 guys he left out there. That was a pussy move, and a cowardly thing to do. He should have stayed on that floor.

Think what it must be like to be pissed off after a hard fought loss and have thousands of rowdy fans
suddenly running at you and in your face.

Hard to think clearly and make the right choice in that spot.

Agreed. Think of how the poor Baylor players at West Virginia last year when y'all were ranked #9. I guess they should have just started clocking Mountaineer fans when they came on the court. Also according to this board if it's two Top 10 teams playing you are not to rush the court and act live you have been there before.

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/west-virginia-fans-rush-storm-court-videos-photos-country-roads-beat-baylor/amp (2017)

Also does WVU just rush the court when they beat Kansas at home?

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/01/12/photo-gallery-west-virginia-defeats-kansas-74-63/ (2016)

https://www.google.com/amp/thebiglead.com/2015/02/17/bruce-irvin-hurdled-three-rows-of-seats-to-storm-the-court-after-west-virginia-beat-kansas/amp/ (2015)

I never said our fans aren't idiots, or don't rush the court. At least it was against #1 though. Laughing

Rushing the court after the Baylor win was especially dumb since we won by 20+.

We beat #2 Kansas at home last year after that and didnt rush the court. Hopefully our fans learned their lesson.

WVU also takes precautions. We have state troopers on the floor helping the other team ad coaches safely get off the floor. Texas Tech it was just a mad house, every man for himself.

Last edited:
Yeah, that wasn’t a good look.

It isn't exactly what happened either, nor was it all his idea. The other coach wanted them to do it. One of the assistants was supposed to stay out there with them (should have been him though) but didn't realize it. The logic was to get the players fans would want to potentially start stuff with out but leave someone with the other guys. But yeah, wasn't a good look but also wasn't intended to have them out there without a coach.

I wish it would end but I think it being some indictment on a program or something like that is one of the dumbest things fans think and say. I assume it is just to have fun more than something people actually believe. Hope so at least.

I’ll say it again.... Good for the WVU player for throwing a hook. I don’t blame him one bit, and would encourage he do it again if given the chance. If you’re not in the game, stay the fvck off the court.

Yeah, he shouldn't have done it but it is also kind of hard for me to blame him. Some idiot drunk fan comes running up on you it really isn't just on you to avoid a confrontation. It works both ways.

Reactions: npreston
First off, I think this was a bogus court-storming. A top ten team having their court rushed is ridiculous.

Second, I don't feel bad for any fan/student that tries to mess with a player while storming the court and gets hit in the face. You reap what you sow. And the level of emotion for a player in that situation is understandably high.

Duke has lost twice on the road and both times fans stormed the court. It's just become an every time thing when we lose on the road. It's a cool thing for the students to be a part of, but be responsible and leave the opposing teams alone.

Honestly, if I was a player in that situation and someone messed with me, I would probably at least hit them with a shove of some sort. I'm shocked this doesn't happen more, and hats off to my Dukies (or any player) that can hold themselves back when these things happen.

Yeah, he shouldn't have done it but it is also kind of hard for me to blame him. Some idiot drunk fan comes running up on you it really isn't just on you to avoid a confrontation. It works both ways.

It wasn't a drunk 40 yr old fan. It was a kid who brushed passed him who he then punched in the back of the head. Also #50 went into the crowd looking for trouble.

It's not the opposing team's job to assault home fans who rush the court.

Exactly.

It wasn't a drunk 40 yr old fan. It was a kid who brushed passed him who he then punched in the back of the head. Also #50 went into the crowd looking for trouble.

It's not the opposing team's job to assault home fans who rush the court.

No, #50 went into the crowd to get his teammate Beetle Bolden out of there who was surrounded by Tech fans.

Harris is dumb for punching the kid, but TTU did a TERRIBLE job of keeping those athletes safe. They literally did nothing to control the crowd.

Last edited:
And predictably, neither the Big 12 nor West Virginia chooses to suspend the players involved. Josh Jackson gets a one game suspension last year from Kansas for hitting a parked car after class and leaving the scene while this kid gets nothing but a firm finger wagging for punching a random fan in the back of the head.

And predictably, neither the Big 12 nor West Virginia chooses to suspend the players involved. Josh Jackson gets a one game suspension last year from Kansas for hitting a parked car after class and leaving the scene while this kid gets nothing but a firm finger wagging for punching a random fan in the back of the head.

Huggs hasn't commented on it. I wouldnt be surprised if Harris doesnt play tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT