ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's last 3 Sweet 16 opponents

Time to win one of them, right?

Let's hope. I think we're due.

I think our last tourney win as an underdog was 2010 E8 when we took out that John Wall, Boogie Cousins, Eric Bledsoe UK team.

Or that 2 seed Duke team in '08.... but they weren't very good.

Last edited:
That's nuts. Talk about not catching breaks.

I still think this is the funniest moment in tournament history for me. I recall how much Daxter Miles pissed off the entire team with that comment, and then he locked himself in a bathroom stall after the game. Laughing

Harrison-twins-mock-Daxter-Miles.jpg

All in good fun Winking
I'm pulling for your boys against Nova!

EDIT: Upon review of that highlight video, Jevon Carter even had the worst hairline in the history of man in his freshman year of college (age 37).

Yea we haven't had much luck drawing a non elite opponent in the Sweet 16. Our Sweet 16 record as a program has to be abysmal. If I had to guess its 3-10

Yea we haven't had much luck drawing a non elite opponent in the Sweet 16. Our Sweet 16 record as a program has to be abysmal. If I had to guess its 3-10
Because of the dreaded 4-5 line. Drawing a 1 in the S16 is definitely not optimal.

No, we weren’t. That was a tough two-year stretch for us (combined with the ‘07 season). We were low on talent and bigs. Was it Alexander who carved us up in that game?

Yeah, Joe Alexander.

Left early to be a lottery pick, and then was never heard from again. lol

Reactions: KisteK and dukiejay
Let's hope. I think we're due.

I think our last tourney win as an underdog was 2010 E8 when we took out that John Wall, Boogie Cousins, Eric Bledsoe UK team.

Or that 2 seed Duke team in '08.... but they weren't very good.

That’s the only time in like the last 60 years you’ve been able to beat Kentucky.

That’s the only time in like the last 60 years you’ve been able to beat Kentucky.

Oh well, we beat one of UK's best teams ever with a trip to the Final Four on the line. Should've beat them by about 30 this year, but let them off the hook.

Beat UK the last 2 times we played in football too, in 79 and 83, but they haven't been on our level in that sport for a long time so we won't talk football.

Thank you for your continued obsession with WVU, little Herd fan.

Last edited:
Oh well, we beat one of UK's best teams ever with a trip to the Final Four on the line. Should've beat them by about 30 this year, but let them off the hook.

Beat UK the last 2 times we played in football too, in 79 and 83, but they haven't been on our level in that sport for a long time so we won't talk football.

Thank you for your continued obsession with WVU, little Herd fan.

You may have and congrats on those moral victories, but we also own the football series against WV, too. I don’t know about any other sport, but you’re not on Kentucky’s level with athletics or academics little WV fan.

Please stop trying to sound relevant. You and your 5 fans have never really mattered in athletics.

You may have and congrats on those moral victories, but we also own the football series against WV, too. I don’t know about any other sport, but you’re not on Kentucky’s level with athletics little WV fan.

Congrats on those football wins in the 1940's....

Just stop. UK is a perennial 5 or 6 win football program.

Poor little Cabell County crack baby.

Congrats on those football wins in the 1940's....

Just stop. UK is a perennial 5 or 6 win football program.

Poor little Cabell County crack baby.

You’re embarrassing yourself at this point and are resorting to unnecessary name calling because you have nothing else to say.

Let’s look at more facts. Your team is a subpar program that has never won a National Championship in any program. In fact, it’s never even sniffed one. You are in a conference that you begged to get in because no other conference wanted you. You begged so much that you took a deal to take much less money than 2 of your conference mates just to try to be as relevant as possible.

Since were talking UK, you also don’t have a winning record vs. Kentucky in any sport nor are you even anywhere close to being academically equal to Kentucky, either.

As far as football, our last 2 wins were ‘76 and ‘77. WV did win the last 2 games in ‘79 and ‘83, so not that far apart. Please stop trying to make it seem as if our last wins came back in the 40’s, which just isnt true. Just as every other sport, we’ve owned WV in the years we’ve played. WV does seem to have a better rifle program than Kentucky, if anyone considers that an actual team sport.

As I said, you’re only embarrassing yourself at this point.

You’re embarrassing yourself at this point and are resorting to unnecessary name calling because you have nothing else to say.

Let’s look at more facts. Your team is a subpar program that has never won a National Championship in any program. In fact, it’s never even sniffed one. You are in a conference that you begged to get in because no other conference wanted you. You begged so much that you took a deal to take much less money than 2 of your conference mates just to try to be as relevant as possible.

Since were talking UK, you also don’t have a winning record vs. Kentucky in any sport nor are you even anywhere close to being academically equal to Kentucky, either.

As far as football, our last 2 wins were ‘76 and ‘77. WV did win the last 2 games in ‘79 and ‘83, so not that far apart. Please stop trying to make it seem as if our last wins came back in the 40’s, which just isnt true. Just as every other sport, we’ve owned WV in the years we’ve played. WV does seem to have a better rifle program than Kentucky, if anyone considers that an actual team sport.

As I said, you’re only embarrassing yourself at this point.

Less money than 2 of our conference mates? o_O WVU and TCU got the same deal when they joined the Big 12.

The Big 12 chose us over Louisville and many other schools.

I'm not even going to respond to crap about UK football anymore, that's just stupid.

You're a Marshall fan who grew up in the fattest town in America, and you're obsessed with WVU (it's all you've talked about on here and the Marshall home board for years).

Even UK fans are embarrassed of you on here.

Last edited:
I would imagine Kentuckians take their rifle history very seriously.

He's actually a West Virginian. From the dirtiest, nastiest, fattest town in the state. Even better. A Marshall grad/fan... that's the best part.

He hates WVU and has been saying the same old tired stuff on here for 10 years. He's extra butt hurt after that WVU-Marshall game on Sunday though.

Last edited:
WVU has been to the Sweet 16 three times in the last four years.

The opponents in those 3 games have a combined record of 102-5. ('15 UK, '17 Gonzaga, '18 Nova) o_O

He got break the glass ceiling this week.

I’m sure some fans have a hard on for even the strangest of schools. I’d like to say I’m surprised, but I’m not.

To be fair, bigbluecatnation is really a Marshall fan. But pretending to be a uk basketball fan on herr makes him feel important.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Less money than 2 of our conference mates? o_O WVU and TCU got the same deal when they joined the Big 12.

The Big 12 chose us over Louisville and many other schools.

I'm not even going to respond to crap about UK football anymore, that's just stupid.

You're a Marshall fan who grew up in the fattest town in America, and you're obsessed with WVU (it's all you've talked about on here and the Marshall home board for years).

Even UK fans are embarrassed of you on here.

How about Texas and Oklahoma?

Of course the Big 12 chose you over Louisville. While WV isn’t really great at anything, they are better than Louisville.

UK football, while not great, speaks for itself against WV.

As far as being embarrassed, you keep telling yourself that. If you’ve convinced yourself that WV matters to anyone, then you’ll convince yourself of anything.

Come back at me when you actually have facts.

How about Texas and Oklahoma?

Of course the Big 12 chose you over Louisville. While WV isn’t really great at anything, they are better than Louisville.

UK football, while not great, speaks for itself against WV.

As far as being embarrassed, you keep telling yourself that. If you’ve convinced yourself that WV matters to anyone, then you’ll convince yourself of anything.

Come back at me when you actually have facts.

Still dont know why you would want to talk football. Speaks for itself? Laughing UK football wins 5 or 6 games every year.

They haven't won more Than 8 games since 1984. Haven't had a 10 win season since 1977.

You have a new coach every 3 or 4 years.

Wvu clearly matters to you. It's all you've talked about on these boards for 10+ years.

Is every Marshall fan born with a severe Napoleon complex?

Last edited:
A Marshall grad who's a UK fan! LaughingRollLaugh

You guys know why? Because his own Alma Mater is so shitty he's embarrassed to claim them.
th

Reactions: doogie503
Bump, the record is now 103-5 after WVU's loss tonight.

So if i click the ignore button, what do u do with
Just write me the check, send it write to the WVU athletics department. Maybe one day you'll have more Final fours than bradley.

This is your 3rd or 4th account that I know of. You've single handedly made the nova fan base the biggest joke in the history of this board.

Please put the icing on the cake and admit that you were rayfoyeconbo back in the day. Please....

ADVERTISEMENT