ADVERTISEMENT

Would You Want UK in Your Bracket?

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Just making conversation. There’s 2 versions of this team.

• The one that lost to Georgia and at home to S. Carolina
&

• The one that hung with KU until the last couple of minutes and that also swept Tennessee.

I’m not optimistic about our stay in the tourney . . . if we get in that is.

Just making conversation. There’s 2 versions of this team.

• The one that lost to Georgia and at home to S. Carolina
&

• The one that hung with KU until the last couple of minutes and that also swept Tennessee.

I’m not optimistic about our stay in the tourney . . . if we get in that is.
There are certainly teams I'd choose to face before UK, but come tourney time I feel Kansas fairs best against bigger name teams than mid majors. Plus you cant mimic the atmosphere when KU plays UK, DUKE, and UNC.

It's a crap shoot with Kentucky. They can beat most any team in the nation, but also lose to just about any team in the nation.

Either way, this Kentucky team is simply not good enough to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney.

I think a lot of fans are realizing what UK fans have started to realize over the last few years. This is not the same john calipari that knocked off Ohio State and UNC as an underdog in 11 or was a game away from winning the whole thing as an 8 seed in 2014.

There just isn’t much to be afraid of.

I think a lot of fans are realizing what UK fans have started to realize over the last few years. This is not the same john calipari that knocked off Ohio State and UNC as an underdog in 11 or was a game away from winning the whole thing as an 8 seed in 2014.

There just isn’t much to be afraid of.

Well, when you factor in that the 8 seed was earned in a year in which your fanbase printed 40-0 T-shirts, maybe he is the same guy?😁

It's a crap shoot with Kentucky. They can beat most any team in the nation, but also lose to just about any team in the nation.

Either way, this Kentucky team is simply not good enough to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney.
No they can not. The only "good team" they have beaten is Tennessee

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
a-response-from-coach-cal-15786-1332885709-120.0.jpg

The correct answer is yes regardless of what everyone in this thread is saying. Kentucky has the talent to play with better teams for one night.

They don’t have the ability to put together even 4 games in a row to make a final 4 but they are good enough in the second round to send someone else home.

They are also bad enough to not win a tourney game.

I will say, if it weren’t for the SEC being absolutely terrible they wouldn’t even be on the bubble

Livingston and Toppin are both playing well. They combined for 29 pts 26 rebounds. I like where we are at. The guys seem to know what they're doing now. Offense is 14th overall in efficiency and 3rd since losing to SC. We're beating who we're suppose to beat. Defense needs improvement. Very physical team.

There's not really any dominating team(s) this year. You may like seeing UK, but I bet your coaches aren't looking forward to it lol.

@kyjeff1 Thought maybe you should understand why the cats took so many mid range jumpers, Todd Golden stated he would give those all night, Back fired. Remember last year when Kansas gave it up to Brookes? You take what they're willing to give you. Make them defend or make them pay. Mid range jumpers are not that hard, if they're not defended. Defended, not a good shoot as are not any that are defended well.

Kenny "Skywalker" feasted on the mid range jumper. Nobody could defend it. With a little more seasoning, Collins could also feast on the mid range jumper.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
@JC for 3 this is exactly the stuff I'm talking about. Unprovoked

Barnes still has the head to head against Cal, so me swatting back is called for.
Maybe.... but by the thinnest amount of reason. You'd kind of be going back on your own logic of all that "stop living in the past, all that matters is the here and now". The here and now is that UK has beaten ut twice this season.

Maybe.... but by the thinnest amount of reason. You'd kind of be going back on your own logic of all that "stop living in the past, all that matters is the here and now". The here and now is that UK has beaten ut twice this season.
The conversation was about Barnes. So, I counter with Barnes, but the bigger issue is can't blast me for defending UT.

It's not just this post but I've always enjoyed your posts. I'm sure that means very little.
Thanks man. I am very analytical and can respect other schools. I don’t have the deep hated towards any school (except Missouri. They can rot in hell). I just want to see good basketball. Kentucky is playing better now and anyone who relishes seeing a school with that many 5 star athletes and McDonald’s all Americans is crazy. I’d rather as 1 seed see a slumping 8 like northwestern or tcu. Not a term that was on the bubble but has finally started working it out. Depending on the bracket I’d be inclined to pick Kentucky as a 7/2 upset and would feel confident in the pick.

Thanks man. I am very analytical and can respect other schools. I don’t have the deep hated towards any school (except Missouri. They can rot in hell). I just want to see good basketball. Kentucky is playing better now and anyone who relishes seeing a school with that many 5 star athletes and McDonald’s all Americans is crazy. I’d rather as 1 seed see a slumping 8 like northwestern or tcu. Not a term that was on the bubble but has finally started working it out. Depending on the bracket I’d be inclined to pick Kentucky as a 7/2 upset and would feel confident in the pick.

I'd much rather see Kentucky than TCU. TCU's slump has been due to injuries, but they'll probably be firing on all cylinders come tourney time.

Reactions: KisteK
As long as Cal is coach, yes. He has lost it

Honestly. I’m a UK fan and it’s painfully obvious to me. He hasn’t won a tournament game in 4 years now. Why on earth would anyone still fear us?

Reactions: kyjeff1
@kyjeff1 Thought maybe you should understand why the cats took so many mid range jumpers, Todd Golden stated he would give those all night, Back fired. Remember last year when Kansas gave it up to Brookes? You take what they're willing to give you. Make them defend or make them pay. Mid range jumpers are not that hard, if they're not defended. Defended, not a good shoot as are not any that are defended well.

Kenny "Skywalker" feasted on the mid range jumper. Nobody could defend it. With a little more seasoning, Collins could also feast on the mid range jumper.
Probably should keep RR stuff on RR, but I'll say this, taking 15-18 footers without a single paint touch with 10+ on the shot clock, is not smart offense. It’s how a bad Florida team, missing its best player went on a 22-6 run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT