ADVERTISEMENT

Would you feel bad for jarms24 if he ever came back?

I liked Jarms and always assumed he'd find his way back. But please don't let this "yet another" clown be him. That would be very disappointing.
Naw. Jarms was well-spoken, had somewhat rational thought…most of the time, and didn’t troll incessantly like this nerd. This is like a mix of Crazyq/Matty/Phil all rolled into one big pile of boring.

Sounds like some of you fans from other schools weren’t exciting enough so some of the previous posters just decided to wreck themselves. Instead of sitting around thinking about the good old days why don’t you try upping your game and move forward? See who you can get to stick around for a change.

Sounds like some of you fans from other schools weren’t exciting enough so some of the previous posters just decided to wreck themselves. Instead of sitting around thinking about the good old days why don’t you try upping your game and move forward? See who you can get to stick around for a change.
Stick around longer and you won’t be treated like a cu^nt. I believe in you.

Ree bonics

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well, you guys (or at least the Rafters types) don't really talk about it. You talk about everybody else. 🤣

It gets brought up over there too. But recently it’s more to compare Calipari and Pitino and talking about who took over a worse situation. So that means talking about the probation.

But yeah no one really goes into the details of the cheating.

And i have no problem with other people bringing it up. It’s part of history. I just wish we’d waited about another 30 years to go that route. Other programs have done much worse in the last decade and are basically daring the NCAA to do something about it.

It gets brought up over there too. But recently it’s more to compare Calipari and Pitino and talking about who took over a worse situation. So that means talking about the probation.

And i have no problem with other people bringing it up. It’s part of history. I just wish we’d waited about another 30 years to go that route. Other programs have done much worse in the last decade and are basically daring the NCAA to do something about it.

Hagans' shoebox would seem to be daring the NCAA to act (which of course they didn't), and there's documented evidence of payments to Bam, Knox and Vanderbilt.

I'm sure you can see why it would annoy other fanbases when people bury their heads to these things while yammering constantly about the schools who weren't fortunate enough to dodge investigation.

Hagans' shoebox would seem to be daring the NCAA to act (which of course they didn't), and there's documented evidence of payments to Bam, Knox and Vanderbilt.

I'm sure you can see why it would annoy other fanbases when people bury their heads to these things while yammering constantly about the schools who weren't fortunate enough to dodge investigation.

There’s no documented payments to bam. The payments were to one of his coaches to steer him to nc state along with dennis smith. The money hagans was flashing didn’t even look real.

Knox got a meal that was determined to be allowable.

I don’t know about vanderbilt. He has a LOT of dudes around him. So yeah there was probably something there. I think I remembered reading some kind of promotional firm approached him? So i wouldn’t be surprised if he got something from someone. Not likely linked to UK though.

Unlike people like Will “strong ass offer” Wade, and Bill “i need you to get me some guys” Self, or Sean Miller paying kids right out of his own pocket.

That’s daring the ncaa to do something. when actual university athletic employees are caught on tape brokering deals.

It doesn’t even matter though. I’m actually more upset UK wasn’t cheating at this point. Because nothing has really happened to the programs that did. They were all more successful for it in the end.

There’s no documented payments to bam. The payments were to one of his coaches to steer him to nc state along with dennis smith. The money hagans was flashing didn’t even look real.

I don’t know about vanderbilt. He has a LOT of dudes around him. So yeah there was probably something there. I think I remembered reading some kind of promotional firm approached him? So i wouldn’t be surprised if he got something from someone. Not likely linked to UK though.

Unlike people like Will “strong ass offer” Wade, and Bill “i need you to get me some guys” Self, or Sean Miller paying kids right out of his own pocket.

That’s daring the ncaa to do something. when actual university athletic employees are caught on tape brokering deals.

It doesn’t even matter though. I’m actually more upset UK wasn’t cheating at this point. Because nothing has really happened to the programs that did. They were all more successful for it in the end.

LOL. Bam has all but admitted he was paid. And has anyone but a Kentucky fan said it looked like fake money? I'm sure everyone has stacks of fake bills in their "shoeboxxxes." Of course, it doesn't matter, because the NCAA looked the other way per usual.

This is what I'm talking about. You guys bury your heads and repeat "prove it," while pretending that there's proof on Self. I'm not denying that Self probably knew that Adidas was paying some guys, but there's no record of him discussing payments with anyone.

Here's a Mike Brey quote from an article by Seth Davis:

Part of the NCAA’s evidence against Kansas coach Bill Self and his assistant Kurtis Townsend are text messages revealed at trial that showed them encouraging T.J. Gassnola to help them out. That kind of dialogue may look suspicious to the public, but it’s hardly unusual. “Every one of us works the shoe company angle to help us get players,” Brey says. “I speak to those guys as much as I would speak to parents. No question if there was an Under Armour event somewhere, I’d get a call from someone at Under Armour saying, ‘Hey Mike, did you see this 15-year-old kid in Dallas? He’s in our program, you gotta get on him.’ I’m not saying they’d cheat to get him, but damn right they’re helping, absolutely.”

The funniest part of all of it is that you guys think KU benefited greatly from it. How? De Sousa barely contributed anything before transferring, and Preston never played a game. None of the players from the title team were ever under investigation, and recruiting fell off a cliff for years. They've won in spite of it. Based on recruiting rankings, this KU team was the least-talented champion since rankings began.

This is exactly why you guys catch shit. Pretending that the NCAA catches every rule violation, or has any desire to, is freaking hilarious. The last thing they want to do is take down their Nike cash cows.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
LOL. Bam has all but admitted he was paid. And has anyone but a Kentucky fan said it looked like fake money? I'm sure everyone has stacks of fake bills in their "shoeboxxxes." Of course, it doesn't matter, because the NCAA looked the other way per usual.

This is what I'm talking about. You guys bury your heads and repeat "prove it," while pretending that there's proof on Self. I'm not denying that Self probably knew that Adidas was paying some guys, but there's no record of him discussing payments with anyone.

Part of the NCAA’s evidence against Kansas coach Bill Self and his assistant Kurtis Townsend are text messages revealed at trial that showed them encouraging T.J. Gassnola to help them out. That kind of dialogue may look suspicious to the public, but it’s hardly unusual. “Every one of us works the shoe company angle to help us get players,” Brey says. “I speak to those guys as much as I would speak to parents. No question if there was an Under Armour event somewhere, I’d get a call from someone at Under Armour saying, ‘Hey Mike, did you see this 15-year-old kid in Dallas? He’s in our program, you gotta get on him.’ I’m not saying they’d cheat to get him, but damn right they’re helping, absolutely.”

The funniest part of all of it is that you guys think KU benefited greatly from it. How? De Sousa barely contributed anything before transferring, and Preston never played a game. None of the players from the title team were ever under investigation, and recruiting fell off a cliff for years. They've won in spite of it. Based on recruiting rankings, this KU team was the least-talented champion since rankings began.

This is exactly why you guys catch shit. Pretending that the NCAA catches every rule violation, or has any desire to, is freaking hilarious. The last thing they want to do is take down their Nike cash cows.
So you think it's a shoe company issue.?

Aren't there tapes?

Aren't there tapes?
There’s tape of Townsend talking to Adidas about Zion’s family’s demands, and there are vague texts between Self and an Adidas rep.

Like Brey said, everybody works the shoe rep angle.

Again, I’m not burying my head and denying that Self likely knew or assumed that Adidas was paying players (even though Gassnola testified in court that he didn’t know). But if others are going to hide behind “innocent until proven guilty,” then the same applies to Self.

Huge (insert adjustives here).
I think it's random.

giphy.gif

That’s fair about kansas. they really didn’t benefit greatly from de sousa. It just didn’t hurt kansas. Ive never seen bam admit he got paid. You’ll have to show me that one. And there were people on here, non UK fans that admitted the money hagans was flashing looked like play money. They laughed about it. Hagans was a dummy though. So who knows.

LSU, Arizona, and several others were however.

That’s fair about kansas. they really didn’t benefit greatly from de sousa. It just didn’t hurt kansas. Ive never seen bam admit he got paid. You’ll have to show me that one. And there were people on here, non UK fans that admitted the money hagans was flashing looked like play money. They laughed about it. Hagans was a dummy though. So who knows.

LSU, Arizona, and several others were however.

I read a huge Twitter thread about the Snapchat and I didn’t see a single comment about it looking like fake money. All they did was attack the UL guy for exposing it. And you’d think the UK spokesman who claimed it had been “addressed” might have mentioned that detail rather than side-stepping the matter.

From looking at multiple sets of comments, it would seem the consensus is that it was real.

I know it’s fun to pretend like your program is the only one not playing the game, but no one's buying it.

KU has definitely been hurt by the investigation. Sure, they’ve had a couple really good years in that span but that’s in spite of the recruiting setbacks. If every coach that Cal was in competition with for recruits were negative recruiting against him, and his class rankings dropped significantly, do you not think it would hurt his chances of winning? That’s one of the things that makes this title impressive. It was nowhere near Self’s most talented team and the rotation only included two top 100 players.

Let’s not forget that sandwiched in between the '20 and '22 seasons was a very mediocre year by Self standards and a 30+ blowout loss in the 2nd round. That’s when the recruiting struggles really caught up to them.

Last edited:
Do people still care about perceived “cheating”?

Im very over it. College athletics have always been dirty and now it’s basically legal to pay players. I have a lot more to worry about in college sports than if people are playing by the rules at this point. It’s obvious no one at the top cares so why should we.

Honestly at this point we should be making fun of the programs that didn’t cheat or simply didn’t do a good enough job cheating. Maybe that was us. Actually i’m pretty sure it was.

Im very over it. College athletics have always been dirty and now it’s basically legal to pay players. I have a lot more to worry about in college sports than if people are playing by the rules at this point. It’s obvious no one at the top cares so why should we.
A lot of the posters on this board talk about it literally everyday. They wake up, eat, breathe, and sleep it. It’s ****ing hilarious in the grand scheme of things, especially now. It’s most of the reason I don’t take said people/posters seriously when they harp on it constantly in reference to certain opposing programs.

Jarms, now that was some funny ish. Dude was all in on that "insider" who was feeding them all of this doom and gloom, UNC is going down information. UNC skates and lil buddy unveils that he's a UNC fan who was trolling the State fans message board the entire time.

What a f'ing meltdown. And to make things worse State gets popped for paying players under Gotfried and put on probation. Total nut punch and sounds like something that would happen to Louisville.
Since Louisville is the one with MULTIPLE posters one their homeboard who are uk fans pretending to be card fans?

Or u can quit posting before u run off everyone else worth a damn with ur attn hor threads

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde

Nice to hear this from a Kentucky fan for a change.

I’m sure you can imagine how annoying it is to have fans of a OAD factory pretend that they’re the only program doing it the right way.

Reactions: Villian07

No worries UK was still doing it 30 years later.

After freshmen phenom John Wall hit a gamewinning shot, he was asked about the final possession and shot by the media, his answer, “Thats what they pay me to do”

But of course that was just a slip of the tongue by a kid who had allegedly NEVER been paid to play basketball in his life lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Since Louisville is the one with MULTIPLE posters one their homeboard who are uk fans pretending to be card fans?
Doubt that but if so, it's probably to help with traffic. You guys have like 5 people who post regularly.

Great post sir. Exactly its been going in forever, the fbi just shined a light onto how bad it really had become with G5 schools like creighton and depaul paying players.

Doubt that but if so, it's probably to help with traffic. You guys have like 5 people who post regularly.
Oh yea not the rivals board, no one uses that. But on the 247 we probly have to run at least 5 a year off. Guys who swear theyve had season tickets for 40 years but then u read 10 posts and they are obviously trolls. It happens everywhere, but id wager not as often as uk fans pretending to be UL fans.

Last edited:
No worries UK was still doing it 30 years later.

After freshmen phenom John Wall hit a gamewinning shot, he was asked about the final possession and shot by the media, his answer, “Thats what they pay me to do”

But of course that was just a slip of the tongue by a kid who had allegedly NEVER been paid to play basketball in his life lmao.

Imagine thinking that you know more about this than Merl Code...

Although Adidas was the focal point of the recent college basketball corruption trial, former employee Merl Code Jr. says Nike also paid athletes.

"Nike schools pay too," Code said in a conversation recorded by federal investigators in 2017, per Pat Forde, Pete Thamel and Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports. "It’s a corrupt space as it is and cheating is cheating. Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating.... So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space."

Reactions: Villian07

Aren't there tapes?
def a shoe company issue, thats who was paying the kids. The ncaa never proved anyone associated with UL gave bowen or his dad a penny, just that adidas did.

Yea there are tapes, but only from one maybe two recruiting cycles.

Plus the fbi admitted they wanted a “big fish” as well as admitting they “wanted pitino bad”

Imagine thinking that you know more about this than Merl Code...

Although Adidas was the focal point of the recent college basketball corruption trial, former employee Merl Code Jr. says Nike also paid athletes.

"Nike schools pay too," Code said in a conversation recorded by federal investigators in 2017, per Pat Forde, Pete Thamel and Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports. "It’s a corrupt space as it is and cheating is cheating. Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating.... So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space."
Did u know they are going after pitino again based on an insert from Code’s book that said he heard adidas exec gatto say that pitino knew. So after the book was released the ncaa reached out to code for more info who…………refused to speak with them lmao.

Going after pitino again with not even a second hand story, a third hand story from a book by a guy who went to prison for his “fraudulent” role in the pay for play scheme lmao, ncaa clowns

Id still love to know why they threw out all the nike stuff from the aau/grassroots raid. Of course we will probly never know but i bet Nike being and american company played a prt.

Uk was cheating bud, unfotunately calipari cant always coach the number 1 draft pick to a title. He did once though.

Another uk fan that knows more about recruiting than Merle Code lmao

I read a huge Twitter thread about the Snapchat and I didn’t see a single comment about it looking like fake money. All they did was attack the UL guy for exposing it. And you’d think the UK spokesman who claimed it had been “addressed” might have mentioned that detail rather than side-stepping the matter.

From looking at multiple sets of comments, it would seem the consensus is that it was real.

I know it’s fun to pretend like your program is the only one not playing the game, but no one's buying it.

KU has definitely been hurt by the investigation. Sure, they’ve had a couple really good years in that span but that’s in spite of the recruiting setbacks. If every coach that Cal was in competition with for recruits were negative recruiting against him, and his class rankings dropped significantly, do you not think it would hurt his chances of winning? That’s one of the things that makes this title impressive. It was nowhere near Self’s most talented team and the rotation only included two top 100 players.

Let’s not forget that sandwiched in between the '20 and '22 seasons was a very mediocre year by Self standards and a 30+ blowout loss in the 2nd round. That’s when the recruiting struggles really caught up to them.
Yea the uk response went from Hagans coming from a wealthy family, to it being fake money pretty quickly, bc no one wealthy gives their 18 yo kid stacks of cash like that. They spin with the best of em

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT