ADVERTISEMENT

Would Pearl Be A Viable Candidate for U of L?

Yea thats the catch. University employee as opposed to AD employee. Also heading up Alumni relations for the university, “official title” anyways.

Seeing how this rule was literally put in place bc cal hired Milt at memphis to get Dajuan away from Louisville, your not gonna find anyone feeling too bad about it.

Besides unless ive been told wrong lol, KP could have hired milt to any position banned by the ncaa listed above and DJ could still walk on and pay tuition with the bounty of NIL $$$ hes gonna get or hell even Milts salary, if he does want to come to Louisville.
That's not a catch. They can say his paycheck is coming from whoever, but he's working for the basketball program, period, and Payne is his boss. Loopholes ain't gonna be that easy, especially for Louisville. They would be better off trying to play the angle that Payne and Wagner have a longstanding relationship going back to their playing days there, waaaay before DJ was even born.

Screenshot-2022-05-25-001539.png

That's not a catch. They can say his paycheck is coming from whoever, but he's working for the basketball program, period, and Payne is his boss. Loopholes ain't gonna be that easy, especially for Louisville. They would be better off trying to play the angle that Payne and Wagner have a longstanding relationship going back to their playing days there, waaaay before DJ was even born.

Screenshot-2022-05-25-001539.png

they can recruit him. He’s a university-hired employee that happens to work within the basketball department. He is not employed by the athletic department. Good try. Cry more.

yeah, kp totally hasnt worked with uofl compliance or asked the ncaa about this before hiring milt. If he had to be a bench coach to recruit dj, he would have been. He also wouldnt have been hired if it killed the idea of recruiting dj. You think too low of KP being on the same IQ as Cal

they can recruit him. He’s a university-hired employee that happens to work within the basketball department. He is not employed by the athletic department. Good try. Cry more.

yeah, kp totally hasnt worked with uofl compliance or asked the ncaa about this before hiring milt. If he had to be a bench coach to recruit dj, he would have been. He also wouldnt have been hired if it killed the idea of recruiting dj. You think too low of KP being on the same IQ as Cal
Do you think this hire had anything to do with DJ?

yeah, kp totally hasnt worked with uofl compliance or asked the ncaa about this before hiring milt.

It's funny you mention that, because that's exactly what I said on the HoB.

louisville.png

If he had to be a bench coach to recruit dj, he would have been. He also wouldnt have been hired if it killed the idea of recruiting dj. You think too low of KP being on the same IQ as Cal
Seems to be some contradiction going on somewhere then... Are you calling Lord Kenny Payne a liar?🤔

Payne could have hired Wagner as an assistant to his staff, but he said in Wagner's introductory presser that it was never on the table, and that he wanted Wagner to "get his feet wet" first after being out of coaching since 2014. Wagner himself, as expected, also offered no comment on his grandson."

Reactions: beasleythecard
If DJ wants to go to U6 with the NCAA dark clouds still looming over the program, then he's just not being smart. On top of that, to go somewhere like that just to lose is kind of defeating the purpose of even playing college ball.

When exactly was UK accused of hiring anyonr associated with a recruit. Yes cal did it at memphis, with the same guy. The reason we “couldnt” hire him at that time is some university/athletic dept rule about employees must have a college degree, which milt did not at that time. Dont recall UK doing it rwcently or getting accused of it 🤷‍♂️ Guess we will see if www shows up to sit behind the bench and hug the players. Seeing how its legal for the kids to get paid now, not sure if a bagman is needed anymore 😉

I could understand the hate if this was a cade cunningham situation where his brother gets hired out of no where, but Milt is louisville royalty. Hes one of the best players to ever wear the red and black.

Agreed it has been a super rough 6-7 years for card fans.

Unless i have bad info, regardless of what the ncaa decides about milts position, DJ could still walk-on if he wants. I doubt tuition $$$ is a huge deal. Thats the loophole. Unless im wrong, which tends to happen alot lol

Besides i have a hard time believing the ncaa will do anything anyways just bc we are talking about a top ten player in program history, not just some random recruits grandfather with no ties to the university.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
UK has had its worst season ever and it’s worse loss ever in back to back seasons, and there isn’t a single grain of salt to be found in regards to Louisville and where they are as a program.

I do like Kenny Payne, but he inherited a train wreck. That isn’t going away anytime soon.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Unless i have bad info, regardless of what the ncaa decides about milts position, DJ could still walk-on if he wants. I doubt tuition $$$ is a huge deal. Thats the loophole. Unless im wrong, which tends to happen alot lol

Besides i have a hard time believing the ncaa will do anything anyways just bc we are talking about a top ten player in program history, not just some random recruits grandfather with no ties to the university.
Yeah, I have thought about the whole walk-on thing, especially since NIL has started. It will probably open up another Pandora's box. It's not about the tuition or the actual scholarship, it's regulating how many scholarship-worthy players can actually be on a roster or how players will skirt NCAA recruiting rules by technically being a walk-on (even as a top 10 player in their recruiting class, for example). NIL be like: "Bruh, just walk-on and we got your room/board/tuition/etc. on top of the millions we're gonna pay you anyway." Amateur athletics is already dead, we may as well just bury the body and piss on the grave. 😂

Even if we do get hammered this year. The entire university and fan base is excited with KP and staff, and the future is looking extremely bright with everything that’s happening right now. Can’t really say the same about the cats. The game is starting to pass Cal up, and it’s been quite evident the last few years.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Even if we do get hammered this year. The entire university and fan base is excited with KP and staff, and the future is looking extremely bright with everything that’s happening right now. Can’t really say the same about the cats. The game is starting to pass Cal up, and it’s been quite evident the last few years.
Most of the fanbase was feeling the same way about Mack. No telling how bright the future is with a 55-year-old first time head coach that has yet to coach a game. Time will tell. I'm confident that UK will continue to kick Louisville around though. Cal vs Payne 1 on Dec 31. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: beasleythecard
Della is great but she takes this board a little too serious sometimes :)
I didn’t bother responding to the initial post. I can’t even post on rafters, I think I’ve visited the board like 2 or 3 times since I’ve got canned. You gotta log out of this board etc. I’m lazy haha. Some great threads though, wish our board wasn’t ran by a bunch of cucks and had that kind of traffic.

I didn’t bother responding to the initial post. I can’t even post on rafters, I think I’ve visited the board like 2 or 3 times since I’ve got canned. You gotta log out of this board etc. I’m lazy haha. Some great threads though, wish our board wasn’t ran by a bunch of cucks and had that kind of traffic.
Lots of people panicking over the Wagner thing. Which I think he's Louisville bound at this point, personally. But that's just the cherry on top. Complete civil war going on between pro Cal and anti Cal

Lots of people panicking over the Wagner thing. Which I think he's Louisville bound at this point, personally. But that's just the cherry on top. Complete civil war going on between pro Cal and anti Cal
Kinda reminds me of the split with our fan base when TJ and RP got fired. Though that has seemed to fall by the wayside somewhat lately.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Wagner can suck a D (unless he chooses UK of course) as long as Cal lands Dillingham and Jackson. 😂 People are acting like he's some kind of make or break generational talent or something, he's not.

Mack was a jabroni. Payne has ties and learned from one of the best HOF'ers in the game.

I also like the fact IU's coach, Woodson is willing to do whatever it takes to get UK back on the schedule.

Reactions: UL_1986
U6 hasn't done a damned thing yet beyond the hires. Getty chesty over that is pretty stupid. They're taking a couple L's on the hardwood and the gridiron, so firing up the hype machine is pretty silly.
No one’s getting chesty or breasty JC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT