ADVERTISEMENT

Would Pearl Be A Viable Candidate for U of L?

I would like to explore the motivation of UK fans that are more excited about pearl going to UL than UL fans are about it. Ass hurt? Down bad? Scared about the future? Dunno what it is but damn UK fans are JAZZED about a coach that beats their ass going to their "biggest rival".

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I would like to explore the motivation of UK fans that are more excited about pearl going to UL than UL fans are about it. Ass hurt? Down bad? Scared about the future? Dunno what it is but damn UK fans are JAZZED about a coach that beats their ass going to their "biggest rival".
Certainly you can tell us which UK fans are saying this so we know you're not speaking out of your ass, right?

Not sure there’s a motivation. I like Pearl.

literally look anywhere on twitter lmao.
I can’t speak for everyone, but as for me I’ve always liked him. It’s cool that he’s at AU and done a great job there. Maybe people just associate AU more with football and for a basketball school like U of L looking for a HC Pearl just seems like a candidate who has earned an interview for sure. He may like being at AU and wish to retire there. He’s got a good thing going, but if I’m U of L I’d gauge his interest and give him a chance to refuse. Plus I think most UK fans would like for our rivalry with U of L to burn a little hotter than in the recent past.

His story is highly similar to Mark Stoops’ at UK from a football standpoint.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdbearde
"That was me, I started the whole thing just trying to get a raise" - Pearl

I love KP and think he'd do well, but he's never been a head coach. Think it would be way too dramatic to think he scares Kentucky.
He has won 2 national titles.

Something no other candidate has

And yes him being at Louisville scares UK fans because they know what he brings.

He has won 2 national titles.

Something no other candidate has

And yes him being at Louisville scares UK fans because they know what he brings.

Danny Manning won a title and was a potato head coach. Payne has zero experience running a program. Y'all had one of the best coaches ever in Pitino and he didn't scare Kentucky fans. The copium is real.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Are you ******ed? UK fans would rather their rival be good than some piss basketball school like Auburn?

BDB about to get a raise (or a one-way ticket to Louisville). Either way, nothing is gonna happen mid-season, so we'll have to watch it drag out at least until the end of the season. Auburn would be smart to give him a blank check right now though.

Its time to bring him home.

Thank you
What changed? Besides the fact UL has been ass since Mack got there? Cause when Mack was hired 90% of the shit I read was saying "don't bring that prick back; he coached at UK under Calimari. He's no longer a Cardinal".

BTW, Penny has proven that just because you can recruit doesn't mean you will win. Nobody is scared of Payne to UL.

If Pearl were to accept offer mid season it’s gonna make for some awesome drama. He’s either gotta commit to UL next season or ditch Auburn mid season, which won’t happen. Either way will bring some spectacular awkwardness

If Pearl were to accept offer mid season it’s gonna make for some awesome drama. He’s either gotta commit to UL next season or ditch Auburn mid season, which won’t happen. Either way will bring some spectacular awkwardness
Has there ever been a coach ever quit on his team mid season to take another job? Quit on a contender at that.

Its either gonna take until the offseason……or its gonna be kenny payne. No coach would quit on his team mid season regardless of the school/offer.

Has there ever been a coach ever quit on his team mid season to take another job? Quit on a contender at that.

Its either gonna take until the offseason……or its gonna be kenny payne. No coach would quit on his team mid season regardless of the school/offer.
Well I doubt Payne would quit on the Knicks in the middle of the season either. If they don't make the playoffs their season will be over in early April, around the same time the NCAA season ends.

Well I doubt Payne would quit on the Knicks in the middle of the season either. If they don't make the playoffs their season will be over in early April, around the same time the NCAA season ends.
Maybe not, but its not exactly apples to apples when speculating about a head coach leaving a team, college or nba.

More specifically pearl walking away from the #1 team in the polls mid season. Not a chance anyone does that ever.

Reactions: beasleythecard
https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-ti...anted-auburn-administration-must-take-action/

Things will get interesting lol
Pearl currently makes right around $4 million annually and his contract runs through 2023-24. Rick Barnes at Tennessee makes close to $5 million. Chris Beard at Texas makes $5 million. Jay Wright at Villanova makes $6 million. That’s where Pearl needs to be, at the minimum. Auburn’s administration had an opportunity recently to address the pay issues, but instead, told Pearl that raises for the staff weren’t going to happen at the moment. According to sources, Auburn’s administration has been reluctant on addressing certain items that Pearl and Co. want when it comes to the basketball program. That simply can not continue.

Maybe not, but its not exactly apples to apples when speculating about a head coach leaving a team, college or nba.

More specifically pearl walking away from the #1 team in the polls mid season. Not a chance anyone does that ever.
Nobody will do it. 100% chance Louisville doesn't make a new hire until the season is over.

Reactions: Villian07
We hired Cal before the title game back in 2009, if I remember correctly. So yea, if its not until after the season, it will for sure be until the coach they want is no longer coaching.
Yep, that's what I'm saying. Whoever gets hired it won't be until they have already fulfilled their coaching obligations for this year. This isn't like college football where coaches leave before bowl games.

I repeat we do not want that POS Bruce Pearl

What changed? Besides the fact UL has been ass since Mack got there? Cause when Mack was hired 90% of the shit I read was saying "don't bring that prick back; he coached at UK under Calimari. He's no longer a Cardinal".

BTW, Penny has proven that just because you can recruit doesn't mean you will win. Nobody is scared of Payne to UL.
why does whoever the coaches at U of L concern UK fan so much

and to be clear we do not want that POS Pearl here in Louisville

• Haha
and to be clear we do not want that POS Pearl here in Louisville
Again, you’ve lost your way and you’ve forgotten who you are. Louisville didn’t become good in football and basketball by being the nice guy with a family atmosphere. No, you should wear black, bring back the line beards and own being the outcast underdog of the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT