ADVERTISEMENT

Worst of the Blue Bloods This Season?

KU and DUKE will both be solid by year’s end imo. Kentucky will probably be what they usually are with Cal, a good team that usually underperforms but occasionally plays to their talent level and looks like a top team only to lay another egg when you think they’ve turned it around. UNC, not sure what’s up with them. If they haven’t figured out how to play defense yet I don’t know if they will. Experience isn’t the issue.

Indiana is better than all of them right now.

Reactions: tw3301
1. Kansas
2. Duke
3. UCLA
4. Kentucky
5. UNC

Is Indiana a blue blood? If so, they may be 1.
I sort of think when you have more or the same amount of titles of two of the 5 teams listed-----you could be. BUT, JMO. Its a meh argument. I mean shit, I could argue UCLA is only a BB because of an insane 12 year run , back in the 60's: One title since Woodens last in 1975.

Anyways......If the committee allows IU into this discussion, i think they have easily been the best this year.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I sort of think when you have more or the same amount of titles of two of the 5 teams listed-----you could be. BUT, JMO. Its a meh argument. I mean shit, I could argue UCLA is only a BB because of an insane 12 year run , back in the 60's: One title since Woodens last in 1975.

Anyways......If the committee allows IU into this discussion, i think they have easily been the best this year.
That IU/UNC game was crazy. What an environment. Not sure who could go in there and win?

That IU/UNC game was crazy. What an environment. Not sure who could go in there and win?

Yeah, I didn't think UNC would win. We have had some very good teams lose worse tbh. It wasn't that they lost. It was that they are just so badly outcoached and outplayed game after game.

Maybe Bacot being out for a bit will shake things up and cause the team to actually stir or something.

Yea unc is pretty baffling to me but they did the same thing last regular season. Have to see if they can pull it together come march.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
When AH is on fire like that, man is it tough. How its built, the noise just rains down on you. I have been in the LL for some pretty good games, and Random IT IS LOUD.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Is Louisville a Blueblood?

Yea unc is pretty baffling to me but they did the same thing last regular season. Have to see if they can pull it together come march.
Last year were 20-30 point blowouts at this point, so maybe not quite as bad. Still, no excuse for taking some of these L’s.

Seems like the players that had bought into their roles on the team the second half of last year have decided to try and break from those roles to start this year.

As a fan of a team who’s definitely not a Blue Blood (Illinois) in a city with lots of different fan bases represented (Chicago), I’ll suggest that 90%+ of people don’t have a defined “Blue Blood list,” but they’re almost always referring exclusively to Kentucky, Kansas, Duke and UNC.

As a fan of a team who’s definitely not a Blue Blood (Illinois) in a city with lots of different fan bases represented (Chicago), I’ll suggest that 90%+ of people don’t have a defined “Blue Blood list,” but they’re almost always referring exclusively to Kentucky, Kansas, Duke and UNC.
d663fda1152d60ae6e118c6ee2f32802.jpg

excerpt.

llinois is No. 6 all-time. Duke is No. 7.

Call me crazy, but I'd take the Blue Devils' three national championships and 14 Final Four appearances over the Illini's zero national titles and four Final Fours. In my rankings, Illinois would be closer to 26th than sixth.

And then there is No. 1.

Sagarin says the all-time kingpin of college basketball is Kentucky, and he says it's not close. By his rating formula, the Wildcats are farther ahead of No. 2 UCLA than the Bruins are ahead of No. 7 Duke. The 2.24-point gap is the largest between any two teams in the entire 330-team ranking.

It's worth noting that Sagarin's formula counts NCAA tournament wins as double, but does not give any additional bonus for national titles, thus negating UCLA's advantage in that category. (The Bruins have four more national titles than the Wildcats, but trail 100-99 in overall tournament wins.)

And there's no question UK has a lot to brag about: the most wins in NCAA history; seven national championships; 13 Final Four appearances; a record 50 NCAA tournament bids; a record 43 Southeastern Conference championships; national titles won under four difference coaches; and the most ardent fan base in America.

But Kentucky should not be No. 1. No computer takes into account a program's NCAA rap sheet, and the Wildcats have a long history of problems. They were given the de facto first death penalty, forbidden from intercollegiate play for the 1953-54 season. There was a point-shaving scandal. There have been multiple NCAA probations.

Kentucky also thrived for decades in an all-white league while African-Americans were taking over the game elsewhere. It's probably not coincidence that Adolph Rupp's long era of domination started waning as black players began to make their impact on the sport in the late 1950s and 1960s. Rupp's last national title came in 1958, and his last Final Four ended in defeat in the famous game against all-black Texas Western in 1966.

• Love
Reactions: Random UK Fan
None of them looking like anything impressive. I wouldn’t know who to pick if they all played one another.
This is the thread Random started and just like other threads some KY fans want to change the narrative to all time greatness. A thing of the past when the game was lily white and so different than todays game.
In fact lots of threads get hijacked the same way.
If they're #1 and playing well everything is fine and the stars are aligned. But today they change it to another subject buried in the past.
Sad

This is the thread Random started and just like other threads some KY fans want to change the narrative to all time greatness. A thing of the past when the game was lily white and so different than todays game.
If they're #1 and playing well everything is fine and the stars are aligned. But today they change it to another subject buried in the past.
Sad
You just now noticing that? 😆 The UK fans that do that do it cause they are weak and insecure. They want to be great! But, their team isn't great so they go there. Note, not all UK fans do that, just some.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Sad
giphy.gif

You just now noticing that? 😆 The UK fans that do that do it cause they are weak and insecure. They want to be great! But, their team isn't great so they go there. Note, not all UK fans do that, just some.
I did say SOME UK fans did this....

They clearly care more than other fans. The extreme ones and moderate ones don't seem to care at all.

ADVERTISEMENT