Wisconsin/Maryland Game Thread

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by sdsufan10, Feb 24, 2015.

1. sdsufan10

sdsufan10 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Big game for both teams, Wisconsin needs all wins it can get for a number 1 seed, and Maryland wants to stay out of 4/5 seed territory probably.

2. BadgerBengal

BadgerBengal Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Should be a close hard fought game throughout.

3. sdsufan10

sdsufan10 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Kaminsky has really made some defensive mistakes early not helping enough on the drives, Wisconsin so far can't keep their man in front, well other than dekker he's done ok

4. stakesarehigh

stakesarehigh Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Wisconsin needs to just work it inside. The outside shots aren't falling

5. The Reindeer Terp

The Reindeer Terp Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Dez Wells looks to be back to 100%, and Maryland's defense shuts down the Nations most efficient offense in first half. Yes, Wisconsin did not shoot well, but give Terps defense some credit.

Huge win for team, Turgeon and the Terp players. Dez has had a rough college career, with injuries and transfers, and sad allegations unfounded, and dismissed. Really happy for him.

Terps have been a fashionable pick by many, many posters here as a 1st RD upset loss in Dance. That could still happen. But who is to say they cannot get hot, have stellar guard play, and a superstar who is getting hot at right time. No more improbable than UCONN last year. Were the Huskies even in top 20 last year before they got hot and won AAC/NCAA tourneys??

You never know. Bold prediction - Kentucky , Duke nor UVA wins title. Kentucky loses to upstart Power 5 conference team that gets hot at right time, and has depth and guard play and a superstar. Maybe UNC, maybe Arizona, OSU, or Kansas, or even Maryland.

You never know.

6. stakesarehigh

stakesarehigh Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Maryland definitely deserves credit and year looked like the team that knocked off Iowa state. Yes the shots weren't falling for Wisconsin but more surprising to me was that wisky didn't do a better job on the boards. I for one don't think Maryland will lose in round 1 but round 2 depends on the matchup. I agree anyone can make a run and Maryland has the guard play to do it u just have to worry about them getting totally out rebounded in a game and giving up too many second possessions. At least I do anyway.

7. denniden

denniden Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering if Maryland would rush the court if they won, then realized its Maryland. Of course they would.

Great win for Maryland. That should help their seeding a bunch.