ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin-Louisville

MGC_07

Jun 29, 2016
Just went on ESPN and Wisconsin is up 80-38 on Louisville? I thought they were supposed to be a top 25 team! Goddamn!

Would be hilarious is they held on and won by more than double.

Just went on ESPN and Wisconsin is up 80-38 on Louisville? I thought they were supposed to be a top 25 team! Goddamn!

Would be hilarious is they held on and won by more than double.

Four players out for the game, including our best player. We shouldn’t have even traveled with this short handed roster.

Yea no carlik Jones today. Not that there’s any excuse to get dog walked by 40, but not having ur best player in your first road game against a veteran team and well yea we got shown real fast who we are.

Alright let’s cancel the season now. Whew that was pathetic even without Carlik and Malik Williams and co. It’s clear DJ works better off Carlik at point as more of a combo. Withers disappeared too.

Withers williamson and Davis were huge disappointments based on what they had shown previously.

I mean everyone was but DJ in flashers but those three in particular disappeared. I thought Traynor player well in spurts too.

We were just dominated.

Four players out for the game, including our best player. We shouldn’t have even traveled with this short handed roster.

Haven’t 3 of them been out all year? So really Jones is the only one out that’s played?

Withers williamson and Davis were huge disappointments based on what they had shown previously.

I mean everyone was but DJ in flashers but those three in particular disappeared. I thought Traynor player well in spurts too.

We were just dominated.
Yep, Williamson and Davis were crucial and they just played lazy. I’m more upset with withers. His defense is a lot to be desired not good as of rn.

Haven’t 3 of them been out all year? So really Jones is the only one out that’s played?
Jones essentially runs our offense and his sets allow the ball to move more fluidly. Without him we’re basically lost on offense. DJ was forcing shit, and his defense was atrocious this game. We would’ve lost regardless but def not by 40. More like 15-20. Which still sucks. Oh well. Props to Wisco. They played lights out and it was a clinic. They have a sold team.

Last edited:
It's a weird year for a lot of reasons. UofL was down to 7 or 8 guys yesterday, a ton of guys playing that weren't projected to play a few months ago getting burn.

That said, this is who the team is until further notice on the frontline, they really looked overmatched there yesterday. Some young guys up front trying but maybe not talented enough + experienced enough.

Yeah Jones return is going to help but the team clearly has issues that go beyond 1 player or 1 coach etc. Not sure if/when any of the other guys that are out return, and I don't know if they are going to have an impact in a shortened season anyway.

We were just dominated.

Yeah agree with all this. Johnson had a ton of turnovers. Williamson first game back in awhile so some rust there and he's a young guy too so he needs more games to get better just like the rest of the young guys.

Dominated, just overmatched, for sure. Probably the reality check that came a little stronger than expected.

So taking 4 players off a roster wouldn’t affect Kentucky? Lol

You’ve got a point; they could be 1-5 or something. Point being, you’re making excuses for getting drilled by 40 by using players that haven’t played a second this year. It’s like me saying if Keion Brooks has been playing we’d be 6-0.

Jones essentially runs our offense and his sets allow the ball to move more fluidly. Without him we’re basically lost on offense. DJ was forcing shit, and his defense was atrocious this game. We would’ve lost regardless but def not by 40. More like 15-20. Which still sucks. Oh well. Props to Wisco. They played lights out and it was a clinic. They have a sold team.

I agree with this. But saying UL lost because Williams and Minlend didn’t play doesn’t make sense.

You’ve got a point; they could be 1-5 or something. Point being, you’re making excuses for getting drilled by 40 by using players that haven’t played a second this year. It’s like me saying if Keion Brooks has been playing we’d be 6-0.

I never said that we would’ve beaten Wisconsin, Wisconsin had their A game going yesterday. We might be in trouble Tuesday against Pitt, but we should have Carlik back hopefully.

Reactions: RipThru
I agree with this. But saying UL lost because Williams and Minlend didn’t play doesn’t make sense.
I’ve never seen Minlend play so I have no idea. Williams (if he was healthy from the start of the season, which he isn’t and probably won’t be back until mid January) would’ve helped us tremendously. However, these are all hypothetical and ultimately don’t matter. Props to the badgers.

At one point all I could do was laugh after each 3 they made. It was a sad laugh, but the bourbon helped.
When I drank---bourbon got me through a lot of long, Indiana basketball winters....Esp in Creans first three years.

Reactions: UL_1986
Point taken that we can’t point to the three who haven’t played a minute all season anyways, but not having our best player, whose a GT PG at that, for the first road game, against a team of vets at every position, whose five starters all average double digits or dang near, is a recipe for disaster.

Again, no excuse to lose by 40 and literally never be in the game past the point is was 9-4 wisky is embarrassing.

But without carlik Jones we are gonna have trouble beating anyone with a pulse.

And as far as U.K. goes not having brooks had hurt tremendously. Esp yesterday as UNCs big men wore down and fouled out the entire front line it seemed. And is Allen hurt or just not good enough to play. The only game I watched him against GT he seemed to have more passes turned over than passes completed to a teamate. Bc until the foul trouble yesterday I hadn’t seen much of the Fletcher kid play either. I thought he was pretty highly ranked. I know Boston Clark and Jackson were 5 stars and askew was a 5 star in his class before reclassifying (somehow) were ware and fletcher 4 stars?

I’m beginning to think Allens just another example of a KY kid playing out in the state feasting on teams full of 5”8-6”3 white kids, but I have really no clue about his HS or what district/region they are in. I’m the same age as ty Rogers from Lyon who went to wku and actually made a buzzer beater in march madness one year and in wky 1a basketball he looked like Larry bird out there. Pulling up like Steph curry, as soon as he crossed the half line lol.

It’s still early and I know the injury his senior year set him back tremendously but Allen might have been better off at wku with the rest of the KY mr. basketballs. I mean he’s supposed to be a shooter, right? And besides Mintz U.K. doesn’t really have any shooters. Boston and Clarke are capable but streaky.

And it wasn’t just one guy getting hot it was EVERYBODY. Granted the defense was piss poor on most.

ADVERTISEMENT