ADVERTISEMENT

Will Wes Miller Do Great At Cincinnati & Then Be The Next Coach At UNC?

Will Wes Miller Do Great At Cincinnati & Then Be The Next Coach At UNC?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Yes, I am well aware he has yet to coach a game at Cincy. And we don't know how long Hubert Davis will be at UNC. But there is nothing wrong with making predictions.

I think Hubert Davis may last a lot longer than many of you have envisioned. Now that Roy Williams has retired, the NCAA investigation will continue on the UNC scandals resulting in harsh punishments that will vacate their 2005 and 2009 titles as well as 2-3 years of postseason bans.

For Davis this will be a blessing in disguise, UNC will have a lot more patience with him even if he underachieves at a time like this. He will get a few more years to rebuild the program, and I doubt Wes Miller will last longer in Cincy than Davis at UNC.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Whichever option sees UNC go down in flames, sign me up for that one. Don't know enough about either's acumen to make a real prediction TBH

I think Hubert Davis may last a lot longer than many of you have envisioned. Now that Roy Williams has retired, the NCAA investigation will continue on the UNC scandals resulting in harsh punishments that will vacate their 2005 and 2009 titles as well as 2-3 years of postseason bans.

For Davis this will be a blessing in disguise, UNC will have a lot more patience with him even if he underachieves at a time like this. He will get a few more years to rebuild the program, and I doubt Wes Miller will last longer in Cincy than Davis at UNC.
Are you talking about yourself

If they do, they will definitely enjoy a decade of mediocrity. Just like a lot of people in NBA complained about lack of hires for black coaches, but none of them seem to mention that there just aint many competent black coaches available. If they are hired just because they are black, its reverse racism actually.

And now according to some people on this forum, you are considered racist if you disagree that Hubert Davis is a competent coach. Well then, lets see if UNC will go on with political correctness and hire Hubert Davis, this will be fun.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Had some really outstanding defensive teams at UNCG. I'm kind of expecting he'll have teams that are very similar to what Mick Cronin had at UC - long, defensive-minded, but mostly pedestrian on offense. Give him a few years and he'll have Cincinnati back in the top 25.

Reactions: duckboy33
Had some really outstanding defensive teams at UNCG. I'm kind of expecting he'll have teams that are very similar to what Mick Cronin had at UC - long, defensive-minded, but mostly pedestrian on offense. Give him a few years and he'll have Cincinnati back in the top 25.

He might be able to recruit better offensive players to Cincy but who knows.

OP is assuming two things:
1) Hubert Davis fails at UNC
2) Wes Miller kills it at Cincy

If both these things happen, Miller would probably be a candidate for the UNC job. However, those are two huge IFs and I wouldn’t assume either will happen at this point

EzH6-AhWEAY0FWS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT