ADVERTISEMENT

Will UNC Recover from last year?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
UNC Fans are the first to tell anyone who will listen, "last year don't count".

it could be the sign of the times. Does students suddenly care about education?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Does students suddenly care about education?
QuestionableBestEyelashpitviper-small.gif

They'll be better than last year, no question. Will they be top 25 good? I believe that's highly dependent on how much the freshmen backcourt duo of Caleb Love and RJ Davis can produce. They have arguably the best frontcourt in the country, so a decent to above average backcourt could go a long ways. I have them ranked at #22, which I think is fair.

They'll be better than last year, no question. Will they be top 25 good? I believe that's highly dependent on how much the freshmen backcourt duo of Caleb Love and RJ Davis can produce. They have arguably the best frontcourt in the country, so a decent to above average backcourt could go a long ways. I have them ranked at #22, which I think is fair.

Well said.

I needed this thread. As shitty as this year has been, I had totally forgotten what a shitshow UNC was last year. Feels good to smile again.
Hell that is why the NCAA stopped the season, to keep UNC from losing 20 games and missing the NCAA. :)

Now they can still say that UNC has made it nine in a row. Do they put an "*" next to that and say they would have missed it?

Hell that is why the NCAA stopped the season, to keep UNC from losing 20 games and missing the NCAA. :)

Now they can still say that UNC has made it nine in a row. Do they put an "*" next to that and say they would have missed it?

You’re to damn old to have it bad like that. I think a nap is in order.

I don’t think so chief. You were probably 1 of the fools that said UNC will be garbage during/after the scandal mess. Back to back title games shut that down real quick.
Great thoughts. Yep, we cheated, but didnt get punished, so woohoo, we went to two FF's.

Good for us.

Kentucky lost 19 in 1989. I guess they haven’t been anyone’s rival since then. 😂
Big difference.

UK was under investigation and going on probation. Every decent player was in the process of being run off, along with Eddie Sutton. The NCAA threatened UK with the death penalty over allegedly giving one player $1,000 in an Emery package and one player who was "helped" on his ACT test.

UNC’s 19 losses came in a year where they were projected to be top ten. Sorry but that is not comparing apples to apples.

The NCAA will never do anything to UNC even when they give players straight "A"'s without those players ever going to a single damned class. North Carolina for the last fifty years have been given the right to cheat and the NCAA will, always, look the other way.

By the way Dewayne Casey, UK’s assistant coach, got millions of dollars in court because the $1,000 was never sent. Additionally, there was zero evidence that Manuel cheated on his entrance exam. The NCAA ruled that he did without any evidence.

The only crooks in the 1989 UK prohibition were the NCAA assholes. The only crooks in UNC's overlook cheating over the fake classes were the NCAA assholes.

UNC is not UK's rival 829305.

Sorry, but UNC does not count in the Kentucky world. If UK never plays UNC again that will be fine with us.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Big difference.

UK was under investigation and going on probation. Every decent player was in the process of being run off, along with Eddie Sutton. The NCAA threatened UK with the death penalty over allegedly giving one player $1,000 in an Emery package and one player who was "helped" on his ACT test.

UNC’s 19 losses came in a year where they were projected to be top ten. Sorry but that is not comparing apples to apples.

The NCAA will never do anything to UNC even when they give players straight "A"'s without those players ever going to a single damned class. North Carolina for the last fifty years have been given the right to cheat and the NCAA will, always, look the other way.

By the way Dewayne Casey, UK’s assistant coach, got millions of dollars in court because the $1,000 was never sent. Additionally, there was zero evidence that Manuel cheated on his entrance exam. The NCAA ruled that he did without any evidence.

The only crooks in the 1989 UK prohibition were the NCAA assholes. The only crooks in UNC's overlook cheating over the fake classes were the NCAA assholes.

Sorry, but UNC does not count in the Kentucky world. If UK never plays UNC again that will be fine with us.
Oh, Bert.
Sp27.gif

I am old. In my view that is good.

What is your goal in life? Die young?

Dumb shit.

Yes you're old but you're a pathetic excuse for a man. You call people out then you ignore them because you can't take the heat. You run and hide like a coward so take your ball and call it a night. I don't care what you've done in the past. I judge you by what you say here and my opinion you're a sorry excuse for a man.

Big difference.

Interesting fact: I sat across the table from Eric Manuel and Chris Shearer, the kid whose score was supposedly used as Manuel’s score the day we all took the SAT in Lafayette Sr. High cafeteria together. True story.

Big difference.

I mean, UNC had tons of injuries and grad transfers who ended up being borderline terrible. So you guys cheated and UNC had injuries. Two things that lead to the 19 losses. But that is still 19 losses so a comment about x being the case because of y number of losses isn't dependent on silly qualifiers in terms of the comment being equally applicable. You made a silly comment and it came back on you. It happens.

Reactions: 829305
I mean, UNC had tons of injuries and grad transfers who ended up being borderline terrible. So you guys cheated and UNC had injuries. Two things that lead to the 19 losses. But that is still 19 losses so a comment about x being the case because of y number of losses isn't dependent on silly qualifiers in terms of the comment being equally applicable. You made a silly comment and it came back on you. It happens.
I didn't make a silly comment and it did not come back on me.

Kentucky basketball was under attack by the NCAA and it had an impact. Last year UNC was not under attack by anyone and fvcked up.

My statement was UNC cheated out the ass and you know it. The NCAA never launched an inquiry because they decided first hand that no matter what UNC had done they would not be charged.. They did not pay for their crimes and you are bragging about it. Geeze.

Do you teach that type morality in school to your kids?

ADVERTISEMENT