ADVERTISEMENT

Will TX hire a new coach?

I would think there would be some harsh racially charged backlash if they don’t offer him the job. 29 wins and an Elite Eight is some pretty damn good job performance.
This....And its part of the reason I think TX gives him the job.. Same scenario with Mike Davis, at Indiana. Was named interim coach---lead IU to the tourney....Following year leads them to the title game---Now what do you do?

It's a mistake to not have a search committee, include him in it but you can't base it off one year with another guys players.

They will go for a big fish, which Terry is not. He had a good run with Beard's talented team, but that's about it. Like Tubby with Pitino's team in '98.

They could get real stupid and throw a lot of money at Calipari
MediumBetterEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif

Haha, Texas is stupid. They'll be looking for a new coach in 2 years.

Doubt it. Texas pretty much recruits itself and he's a competent coach. But at the same time, B12 (and SEC) fans should probably be glad they didn't make a big splash hire.

Don't forget Texas thinks it is superior to any other University, so to make a splash, they will flash the cash to another coach. IMO

Keep in mind that he just won three more tourney games than Shaka's entire run at Texas, and Shaka was kept around for 6 years.
I know. That's wild. Shaka was such a dud. 🤣 We'll see what Terry does with his own team though. Dude's like .500 in 10 years as a head coach at his other stops.

I know. That's wild. Shaka was such a dud. 🤣 We'll see what Terry does with his own team though. Dude's like .500 in 10 years as a head coach at his other stops.

Yeah, it's underwhelming but I'm not sure who their realistic candidates would be.

This Texas roster would have crushed it with a top notch coach. I don't think any team had more individual talent.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Yeah, it's underwhelming but I'm not sure who their realistic candidates would be.

This Texas roster would have crushed it with a top notch coach. I don't think any team had more individual talent.
Yeah, they were pretty stacked. In retrospect, Terry's 22-8 record with them wasn't all that great but the Big 12 was a gauntlet. Now he'll have to recruit guys that know they'll be playing for him, not Beard.

They should have, but seems they didnt. New or interim coaches coming in overachieving with the rosters from the former coaches is nothing unusual, but theres no proof whether he can continue the level of success once Chris Beard's players have moved on. If anything, Rodney Terry showed he aint close to Chris Beard's level with the way Texas choked away a final four. Had Chris Beard been on the sideline, Texas would make it tonight and likely win the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT