ADVERTISEMENT

Will Mick Cronin Prove To Be UCLA's Best Coach Since John Wooden?

Will Mick Cronin Prove To Be UCLA's Best Coach Since John Wooden?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Yes, it is true that, since Wooden, UCLA has had a very inconsistent run with head coaches.

Yes, it is true that, since Wooden, UCLA has had a very inconsistent run with head coaches.
He has coached one full season....so yes, it seems reasonable to say he will easily be better than Wooden.

Maybe, he has a long way to go. Just as a great season team can see an early tournament loss make their whole season seem like a waste, the reverse can be true when a bubble team goes on a deep run. I want to see more from him before saying he is a big success based off a few weeks.

It is funny though. His Cincinnati teams were the opposite of ucla this year. They often dominated their conference and had great records, but always lost early in the tournament.

Folks, YES, I am well aware that he has been there only a very short time. But there is nothing wrong with making predictions on how he does.

Leprechaun Cronin isn't going to the coaching HOF for this past run. Highly doubtful he ever does.

UCLA easily could have lost to MSU----in a play in game. MOF, they should have lost.

Anyways, they got hot. Made a terrific run. But even then, I don't see him being anywhere close to Howland. You can get "lucky", and get to "A" Final FOur. But you did not get "lucky", and go to three straight. In a three year stretch, Howalnd went 97-17---with three FF's; one runner-up. And now he's winning so to speak at ****ing Miss State. I've always liked him. Underrated dude for sure.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT