ADVERTISEMENT

Will Marquette's Wojo Be The Next HC At Duke?

Will Marquette's Wojo Be The Next HC At Duke?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 100.0%

• Total voters

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
He was on the verge of leading Marquette to their third NCAA Tournament appearance in the past four years. And he is doing some very fine recruiting!

Marquette and Xavier, ironically both Jesuit universities, have been the so-called "farm-systems" for coaches for over twenty-five years. Think about all the coaches who have left either for other programs. And, of course, it all started in 1994, when two Irish-Americans, Pete Gillen and Kevin O'Neill, left Xavier and Marquette, respectively, for Providence and Tennessee, respectively.

Wisconsin and Marquette are terrible.

Fvck Wisconsin and their Catholics.

If we are terrible what the **** is Iowa?

source.gif

I'm guessing K will appoint the next HC. And if that's the case, I'm sure he'll take one of his disciples. I'd rather he go externally, whoever the best candidate is. Maybe a Chris Beard perhaps.

Marquette and Xavier, ironically both Jesuit universities, have been the so-called "farm-systems" for coaches for over twenty-five years. Think about all the coaches who have left either for other programs. And, of course, it all started in 1994, when two Irish-Americans, Pete Gillen and Kevin O'Neill, left Xavier and Marquette, respectively, for Providence and Tennessee, respectively.

One of the more impressive farm-systems, IMO, is Tulsa. Former Tulsa head coaches Nolan Richardson, Tubby Smith, and Bill Self have all won national titles. Also had Buzz Peterson (Tennessee), Steve Robinson (Florida State), and Danny Manning (Wake Forest).

Frank Haith, former Miami and Missouri HC, is there now. He's taken the backwards approach to the other coaches, as far using Tulsa as a stepping stone. But an impressive resume nonetheless.

ADVERTISEMENT