ADVERTISEMENT

Will Hubert Davis Be UNC's Coach Five Years From Now?

Will Hubert Davis Be UNC's Coach Five Years From Now?

• Yes

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
Hubert should just hang his hat on that fluky title game run and retire now.

This is the most unorganized offense I’ve seen for UNC. It’s Bacot, or drive and hope for a foul. State’s defense is good but not great.

I still think Hubert is a good coach though. His guys play hard and the offense will be fine with a 3 that is a constant perimeter threat

Coaching lost this game. It was 54-48 UNC and the game was thrown. They had a chance to turn it around at 60-60 and Hubert just let it completely go at that point. Either time he could have stemmed what was an obvious disparity and he didn't.

Coaching lost this game. It was 54-48 UNC and the game was thrown. They had a chance to turn it around at 60-60 and Hubert just let it completely go at that point. Either time he could have stemmed what was an obvious disparity and he didn't.
The 8-8 shooting run by NC State was a dagger. Just a crazy sequence of plays

It all started with playing Nance, who had been a net negative all game. There was no reason to play him but they don't want any of the starters to get their feelings hurt or something.

They were 9-9 until the missed dunk, then went 3-3 after that. So they should've finished the game 13-13 from the field.

If you just run a basic screen anywhere on the court you will get what you want against UNC. It's just a question of whether or not you make the shot. If you don't like the screen route just back it out and drive because UNC defenders don't get up in your face but they also don't back off you. They give you the exact wrong amount of space so you can just smoke them off the bounce. There is nothing from a philosophical perspective that his team does well. At times the talent can overcome that if they make a bunch of crazy shots but that's it.

If you just run a basic screen anywhere on the court you will get what you want against UNC. It's just a question of whether or not you make the shot. If you don't like the screen route just back it out and drive because UNC defenders don't get up in your face but they also don't back off you. They give you the exact wrong amount of space so you can just smoke them off the bounce. There is nothing from a philosophical perspective that his team does well. At times the talent can overcome that if they make a bunch of crazy shots but that's it.
Burns was making everything he threw at the rim down the stretch and a lot of them were well contested.

NC State 🤔

They look like a team that could lose in the opening round in like an 8-9 matchup or make it to the Elite 8

Burns was making everything he threw at the rim down the stretch and a lot of them were well contested.

But many of them were on Nance, who had no business guarding him. He didn't have the weight or length. So either you play/try someone else or you double team him. Maybe front him and force a pass over you. Instead they just let him dominate the game and score at will. When a guy shoots a contested shot over a guy much smaller that isn't really all that contested at this level. That's a good shot.

But many of them were on Nance, who had no business guarding him. He didn't have the weight or length. So either you play/try someone else or you double team him. Maybe front him and force a pass over you. Instead they just let him dominate the game and score at will. When a guy shoots a contested shot over a guy much smaller that isn't really all that contested at this level. That's a good shot.
Oh I feel your pain. Oscar gets dominated like that all the time.

Oh I feel your pain. Oscar gets dominated like that all the time.

The thing is, there is another big guy on the bench who could spell Bacot. That guy didn't even play. Didn't even get the chance to see if he could handle him better.

But Hubert literally said after the game that he disagrees things aren't working.It just doesn't always happen when you want it. Says when other teams make adjustments you just need to compliment them. Says there is a long season ahead of the team. Says we had better shots than State but just missed. Basically it's all on the players not making plays. No accountability. He is just someone who always thinks things are great. Nice guy. I don't want a nice guy coach. I want a killer, an arrogant pretentious dude who wants to destroy the other team. But with arrogance you have to actually know what you are doing.

• Wow
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
The thing is, there is another big guy on the bench who could spell Bacot. That guy didn't even play. Didn't even get the chance to see if he could handle him better.

But Hubert literally said after the game that he disagrees things aren't working.It just doesn't always happen when you want it. Says when other teams make adjustments you just need to compliment them. Says there is a long season ahead of the team. Says we had better shots than State but just missed. Basically it's all on the players not making plays. No accountability. He is just someone who always thinks things are great. Nice guy. I don't want a nice guy coach. I want a killer, an arrogant pretentious dude who wants to destroy the other team. But with arrogance you have to actually know what you are doing.
Damn, he really is clueless. A long season ahead? There are 4 games left and UNC probably has to win them all and make some noise in the ACC tourney to make the dance.

Damn, he really is clueless. A long season ahead? There are 4 games left and UNC probably has to win them all and make some noise in the ACC tourney to make the dance.
Well, Hubert said time is not running out, and I believe him. Delay the tourney.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT