ADVERTISEMENT

Will anyone be upset if Blue Bloods make it in the tournament?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Tough year for young teams and plenty of misery to spread around already, but they're all treading upwards.

Would anyone be upset if they all made it it? It would make for a more watchable tournament.

Everyone has their favorite blue blood to root against so they watch.

A Poll here showd Duke is the most disliked by you all. Another stats pinned post shows UK is #1 all time. Threads here about those teams do get a lot of responses.

Ppl are passionate.

UNC...ehhh, they don't get talked about as much since the scandel, not sure if no one takes them serious, or just gets over looked. Make no mistake, they'll end your season real quick in the tournament.

KU should have an honorary spot for them just b/c of their tributes to the game.

Carolina and Kansas are in, Duke and Indiana have work to do, Kentucky has to win their tournament.
....UCLA is also in

It seems weird calling Indiana a blue blood, they’ve been down for a while.

Carolina and Kansas are in, Duke and Indiana have work to do, Kentucky has to win their tournament.
....UCLA is also in

It seems weird calling Indiana a blue blood, they’ve been down for a while.
Do you think name carries weight? It would be a better tournament with them in it. Ppl will tune in just to watch them lose.

Personally, I'd love for FSU to bounce a UK or Duke or Kansas from the tourney. Won't hurt my feels a bit.
8DzRD9.gif

Tough year for young teams and plenty of misery to spread around already, but they're all treading upwards.

Would anyone be upset if they all made it it? It would make for a more watchable tournament.

Everyone has their favorite blue blood to root against so they watch.
I probably want them in because it will make this board much more interesting than otherwise. For me college basketball has suffered more than any other sport missing fans. Need some sort of tension between you UK hillpeople, Kansas, UNC and Duke. Hell I’d take some bluebloods against Texas in the tourney to get Sherrif involved. I’ve gotten into streaming New Zealand cricket (literally doing it right now) with full crowds because I find it so boring in empty arenas. I’m not a basketball hater by any means, just didn’t realize how much the crowds help for me.

Next year when UGA is being discussed as a potential new blue blood then I’ll be very excited. :cool:

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I probably want them in because it will make this board much more interesting than otherwise. For me college basketball has suffered more than any other sport missing fans. Need some sort of tension between you UK hillpeople, Kansas, UNC and Duke. Hell I’d take some bluebloods against Texas in the tourney to get Sherrif involved. I’ve gotten into streaming New Zealand cricket (literally doing it right now) with full crowds because I find it so boring in empty arenas. I’m not a basketball hater by any means, just didn’t realize how much the crowds help for me.

Next year when UGA is being discussed as a potential new blue blood then I’ll be very excited. :cool:

Top 10 potential board meltdowns:

UK gets in and knocks off KU

KU knocks off Iowa

Indiana ends Iowa's season (after bouncing them from conf tourney, completing a four-game season sweep)

KU knocks off Michigan

UK goes on a run but loses to Duke

Duke ends North Carolina's season

Texas faces Texas Tech

KU loses to Missouri

All B1G teams are eliminated by the Sweet 16

Shaka wins it all

I don’t notice whenever any miss it, so I wouldn’t care one way or the other. Once the ball is tipped I am locked in on every game regardless of who is playing. The only thing that is interesting to me is when long tourney appearance streaks are broken.

KU knocks off Iowa

Indiana ends Iowa's season (after bouncing them from conf tourney, completing a four-game season sweep)

KU knocks off Michigan

Texas faces Texas Tech

KU loses to Missouri

Shaka wins it all

‘Shaka winning it all wouldn’t cause a board meltdown. It would be a sign of the end of days.

KU knocks off Iowa

KU knocks off Michigan

Texas faces Texas Tech

KU loses to Missouri

Shaka wins it all
Yes to any one even if it's at UK's expense.

Have you seen the ratings they bring in? imagine if they play more than once.

He brings up a pretty good point on ratings. I’m sure it makes a difference, but I wonder how much of one. I think the casual fans will watch the first weekend regardless. I wonder if the ratings hit is more likely to be felt in the S16 or beyond when the blue bloods with big fanbases don’t make a run.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The only team this even really applies to is Duke. They are the only blue blood that is a bubble team at the moment. I would be slightly upset if they sneak in because they don't deserve to be in. They have had a ton of terrible losses are not a good team this year.

KU knocks off Iowa

KU knocks off Michigan

Texas faces Texas Tech

KU loses to Missouri

Shaka wins it all
I’d love to see the KU upset over Michigan. We owe them after that Trey Burke miracle. That was the most ridiculous final 5 minutes of a tourney game I’ve ever seen. Must have sacrificed a goat to the basketball gods before the game.

UNC trying to fall back to the bubble.

What a jekyl and Hyde basketball team.

I'd think everyone in the field would love to see the bluebloods on their side of the bracket this year. If you can't beat them this year, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm pulling for Duke and UK to make it b/c i'm a fan of CBB and love March madness. The only benefit to them being excluded is giving them NIT sh*t on a message board----which really isn't very satisfying when its been over a decade since the last title.

It doesn't reflect very well on the ACC that an 11-13 Big East team whipped UNC at home just after a 45-point win over Louisville and just before a win over Florida St.

I’d love to see the KU upset over Michigan. We owe them after that Trey Burke miracle. That was the most ridiculous final 5 minutes of a tourney game I’ve ever seen. Must have sacrificed a goat to the basketball gods before the game.
Sitting under that basket at the jerry dome watching everything that Michigan throw up go in. That last 3 minutes they missed one shot.....and McGeary got the rebound and put it back in. Yet still if Elijah doesn’t get the 10 second call, or he makes the free throw we escape. Was a crazy shite game

Reactions: KUhawks34
That KU Michigan game was an all-time coach. Liked our chances to win the title that year.

It doesn't reflect very well on the ACC that an 11-13 Big East team whipped UNC at home just after a 45-point win over Louisville and just before a win over Florida St.
One team and a couple of games does not reflect at all on a conference. Good or bad. It reflects on the team and the day they played.

ADVERTISEMENT