ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Sharpe not playing Kentucky?…

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
Sounds like he could be in the draft now this year as well. I don’t want him not playing to be a cute little excuse for you all this weekend as it’s sounding like it’s more likely he never plays for you

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Sounds like he could be in the draft now this year as well. I don’t want him not playing to be a cute little excuse for you all this weekend as it’s sounding like it’s more likely he never plays for you
He hasn't played a minute for UK, how would we use that as an excuse?

Because he looks to be a stud. Do you think he ever plays in a game for Kentucky?
If we lose whoever comes up with excuses surely won't mention Sharpe. We have no idea how we would even look on the floor with him at this point. He hasn't logged any time with our current team.

That said, no, I don't think he will ever play a minute for UK. If he does, it will be in the next few games and then going forward. He will declare for the draft after this season.

Reminds me of Diallo.

None of this is new news. Everyone's been aware for a while. Same as Diallo.

Except he's a lot better than Diallo and he'll get drafted high. Probably would only return next season if he's low first round. I expect him go somewhere in the top 15.

I doubt this will happen, but I cant wish hard enough for UK to win by 1,000. By your posts, it is pretty obvious you have this pegged as a win for AU. Here's to hoping you cry in your shirley temple on Saturday.

Is Sharpe expected to play? Expected to return next year?

It would probably be in his personal best interest to never play a game of college basketball. Don’t get me wrong I would say the same thing if a recruit was going to KU and in the exact same situation. Looks like Sharpe is already getting lottery projections for the upcoming draft. Just deciding to join a season mid-year when you’re already behind on the playbook and the speed of college basketball would be very tough. Shouldn’t do anything to that might hurt that draft stock and it would seem being behind would hurt more than help his stock. Now the question is returning next year but if you’re getting lottery projections and eligible returning may not be the best decision. I hope he does decide to play next year because I was looking forward to watching him in college.

Reactions: cdbearde

It would probably be in his personal best interest to never play a game of college basketball. Don’t get me wrong I would say the same thing if a recruit was going to KU and in the exact same situation. Looks like Sharpe is already getting lottery projections for the upcoming draft. Just deciding to join a season mid-year when you’re already behind on the playbook and the speed of college basketball would be very tough. Shouldn’t do anything to that might hurt that draft stock and it would seem being behind would hurt more than help his stock. Now the question is returning next year but if you’re getting lottery projections and eligible returning may not be the best decision. I hope he does decide to play next year because I was looking forward to watching him in college.

Take this with a grain of salt. I don't expect him to play this season or be back next year. It would be stupid to do either.

Reminds me of Diallo.

None of this is new news. Everyone's been aware for a while. Same as Diallo.
Diallo actually played a season though no? I know he came to uk and could have left without ever playing a season but didnt he cone back and play one or am i just tripping.

Seems like a weird situation, like if hes as good as advertised i dont understand why yall wouldnt play him. But at the same time yalls roster is pretty stacked, but at the same same time if i thought he gave me a better chance of cuttin down the nets if have him playing even if it was only 10 mpg

I will say it will be funny to see uk claim him in the nba like kanter, if he indeed never plays a game at uk.

Take this with a grain of salt. I don't expect him to play this season or be back next year. It would be stupid to do either.
Yea no offense to the young man or his fam, but you dont have to look too far or to long back to see the terrance clark situation and how could that not hit close to home. You have to take the money/draft. Tommorow is promised to no man

Projected top five, not really that far to climb regardless of how much he improves his stock in college.

I'm not sure I believe this but Shandon and those around him state he's coming back for next year. I've only seen him listed on one mock draft, and he was #5 there.

Reactions: Villian07
Wonder if todays injuries change the gameplan as far as this year 🤷‍♂️

idk if i was him, and already projected top five, or even lottery at all, no way would i play a second of college and give the scouts more tape to nitpick my game. And id say the same thing if he was enrolled at UL, (lolololol even the thought) Like i said earlier tommorow is not promised. And if i was going to this draft i prolly wouldnt want to come in halfway thru the season, during conf play to boot and not have any early cupcakes to help adjust to the change in level of competition. (I realize uk played duke first game, but still same point they had many cupcakes after that to gel/adjust)

Now if i was cal, id have been playing him since jan 1, if i thought he could help immediately, even if it was backing up wheeler/tyty, But thats just my 2 cents.

But who knows he might decide to come back and play his way to that number 1 spot. No clue what next years draft class looks like, but There just seemingly arent that many stud frosh guards this year, ie top ten type guys like young, wall, fox etc etc, seems like most all the top frosh are 3/4/5s unless im overlooking someone. i guess ivey will prob be the first guard off the board but hes more of a 2/3 than a ball dominant guard, but Iveys super talented so no tellin how much more development he will do in the nba. Looks like the makings of a nba stud to me, but im usually wrong more than in right when it comes to basketball players projections.

Last edited:
Wonder if todays injuries change the gameplan as far as this year 🤷‍♂️

idk if i was him, and already projected top five, or even lottery at all, no way would i play a second of college and give the scouts more tape to nitpick my game. And id say the same thing if he was enrolled at UL, (lolololol even the thought) Like i said earlier tommorow is not promised. And if i was going to this draft i prolly wouldnt want to come in halfway thru the season, during conf play to boot and not have any early cupcakes to help adjust to the change in level of competition. (I realize uk played duke first game, but still same point they had many cupcakes after that to gel/adjust)

Now if i was cal, id have been playing him since jan 1, if i thought he could help immediately, even if it was backing up wheeler/tyty, But thats just my 2 cents.

But who knows he might decide to come back and play his way to that number 1 spot. No clue what next years draft class looks like, but There just seemingly arent that many stud frosh guards this year, ie top ten type guys like young, wall, fox etc etc, seems like most all the top frosh are 3/4/5s unless im overlooking someone. i guess ivey will prob be the first guard off the board but hes more of a 2/3 than a ball dominant guard, but Iveys super talented so no tellin how much more development he will do in the nba. Looks like the makings of a nba stud to me, but im usually wrong more than in right when it comes to basketball players projections.
Here's a pretty good article about it.

The players have even said, he doesn't know the offense. I know they've been working hard on his conditioning.
You just don't come to UK and start playing almost immediately from HS. You're setting him up for failure.

He would make pretty penny off of NIL and maybe he just wants another year of experience.

Reactions: Villian07
If hes as good, as say john wall or deaaron fox or brandon knight was theirfrosh year, then id say he could def step in and contribute, regardless of how much of the offense he knows. But yea it would def be a tough situation. But i also thought he had been at uk all school year, just wasnt gonna be eligible till second semester.

And yea i didnt even put the NIL into play, so hed still make a pretty penny this/next year if he does play college, even if his draft stock didnt rise any from where it is now.

I’m not even sure our TEAM even knows our offense, unless it’s pass it to an unsuspecting teammate with 2 seconds left on the shot clock.
lol Wheerler looked lost without TyTy. And with hist stalling and going left, Grady is not going to get the ball. TyTy fed the right where Grady is.

When it comes down to it, the disparity in free throws cost us. We had a decent day shooting.

Looks Like Sharpe may be playing soon. He's been doing individual workouts, but recently is participating in team practices. Yesterday, Mintz and Grady ran point. No TyTy, no Wheeler practicing.

Sharpe has looked good and has impressed other players in practice. Cal said I don't know, the players said "C'mon coach". He's also learning very quickly.

As another issue, Sharpe turned down 4-5 mil g-league offer. Him and his handlers are looking long term development, not just take the money and run. He's still firm on staying at UK next year.

Looks Like Sharpe may be playing soon. He's been doing individual workouts, but recently is participating in team practices. Yesterday, Mintz and Grady ran point. No TyTy, no Wheeler practicing.

Sharpe has looked good and has impressed other players in practice. Cal said I don't know, the players said "C'mon coach". He's also learning very quickly.

As another issue, Sharpe turned down 4-5 mil g-league offer. Him and his handlers are looking long term development, not just take the money and run. He's still firm on staying at UK next year.
Isn't he #1 in his class? When's the last time a #1 recruit stayed an extra year?

Kentucky is slowly moving from one and done to none and done. Come here for half a year, collect endorsements, and then leave. Its fantastic.
Sounds to me like he's going to play soon. With our luck, he'll probably carry them to a win in Lawrence on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboBBN

I dont even kbow enough about this kid to know what he even looks like, but turning down 4-5 mil to develop in college as opposed to Gleague is absolutely insane to me 🤷‍♂️

Sounds to me like he's going to play soon. With our luck, he'll probably carry them to a win in Lawrence on Saturday.
They're working on plays to him do his thing, which is score. Defense who knows, but he'll sit for not playing on that end.

When Wheeler needs a break, TyTy at point, Sharpe at 2 and Grady at 3. And he was #1 in his class.

ADVERTISEMENT