ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Kentucky Always Somebody’s T-Shirt/Towel Night?!

Those are towels. 🙄😉
Remember this bud? You seemed to miss it because you made no comment, or you wear your feelings on your shoulders and can't take a little joking? 🤷‍♀️ 🤣

baby-girl-middle-finger.gif

Seems kind of whiny tbh.

Back when our church volleyball team went undefeated 6 years in a row teams treated us like that. We didn't make a big deal out of it though.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I’m not whining. I’m a bit confused though. Is UK a laughing stock or a top tier win? 🤔. I don’t even know who we are anymore. Could someone please clarify?
I dont get it-----Do you guys want attention, or not? Your coach calls you the "Gold Standard"---that you don't move the needle, you are the needle.....You pump about being the GOAT program....

So why do you get "upset", or question when teams have shirt day, or whatever?

And FTR, this happens to UNC, Duke, KU, even shitty as Indiana.

Kentucky will always be Kentucky. Playing against UK will always be something teams get fired up for.
Yeah, this.....And Duke....And Kansas.....And UNC.

I mean for the UNC game @ IU, they have signs on the doors, reminding fans its a "white out" game.

Don't get the whining....

I think IU probably runs UNC. That is the sort of game UNC generally loses when a team is good and Indiana is good.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I think IU probably runs UNC. That is the sort of game UNC generally loses when a team is good and Indiana is good.
That'll be a really good game. I realized I had a game scheduled that night---so I cancelled it. 🤣

I like what I have seen from IU-----enough "decent" shooters to keep teams honest. Our freshman, Malik and JHS are really good. Gunn, another frosh, is getting there. Lot of depth.

I dont get it-----Do you guys want attention, or not? Your coach calls you the "Gold Standard"---that you don't move the needle, you are the needle.....You pump about being the GOAT program....

So why do you get "upset", or question when teams have shirt day, or whatever?

And FTR, this happens to UNC, Duke, KU, even shitty as Indiana.

It doesn’t happen to Duke because you have to have the nuts to go on the road to be another team’s t-shirt night

Don't get the whining confusion……
The score of last nights game is what lends to it. It’s not that hard to beat us. Why all the freshman energy at these places? Did Gonzaga play out of their minds? No. They just ran an honest playbook which leads to a win. Nothing fancy. Nothing to overly-celebrate. UK hasn’t done anything remotely remarkable in years.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
The score of last nights game is what lends to it. It’s not that hard to beat us. Why all the freshman energy at these places? Did Gonzaga play out of their minds? No. They just ran an honest playbook which leads to a win. Nothing fancy. Nothing to overly-celebrate. UK hasn’t done anything remotely remarkable in years.
UK is always gonna get people excited when they come to town. Just like folk get excited when Duke comes to town....Or UNC....Or Kansas. Shit, even Indiana. Its not just a UK thing...

I think I like ya'll better when y'all suck and don't know it than when you suck and do know it.

At least for conference games, the drop-off in historical prestige from Kentucky to the rest of the SEC is so much more staggering than other conferences, IMO. Sure, Arkansas and Florida and others have okay-to-good histories but nothing like UK.

Compare that to the drop-off from Indiana to Michigan State or from MSU down to Purdue, Illinois, Michigan, etc. in the Big Ten and it’s just not as small historically. Kentucky is much more like the OSU/Michigan for Big Ten football.

The only other close drop-off is Kansas in the Big XII, but there are more programs there that - even if they don’t have the banners or whatever to show for it - have been consistently good for significant stretches over time like Oklahoma, KSU, Oklahoma State and even teams like Iowa State or Baylor in modern times. At least that’s how it feels.

Wouldn’t be college sports without free t-shirts/towrls/pom poms ect

Let me rephrase, NO one give a shit about UNC, Dukel or a big 10 teams.

there's more ppl in a Rob Dillianton fan boy club tlhat there is b1G or the ACC..

True stuff.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT