Why is Kentucky Always Somebody’s T-Shirt/Towel Night?!

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Here we go again. Is it that big of a deal to beat UK these days? I hear we’re kind of yesterday’s news. What gives?

cdbearde

Mar 9, 2017
Those are towels. 🙄😉
Remember this bud? You seemed to miss it because you made no comment, or you wear your feelings on your shoulders and can't take a little joking? 🤷‍♀️ 🤣

baby-girl-middle-finger.gif

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
Seems kind of whiny tbh.

Back when our church volleyball team went undefeated 6 years in a row teams treated us like that. We didn't make a big deal out of it though.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
Kentucky will always be Kentucky. Playing against UK will always be something teams get fired up for.

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I’m not whining. I’m a bit confused though. Is UK a laughing stock or a top tier win? 🤔. I don’t even know who we are anymore. Could someone please clarify?
I dont get it-----Do you guys want attention, or not? Your coach calls you the "Gold Standard"---that you don't move the needle, you are the needle.....You pump about being the GOAT program....

So why do you get "upset", or question when teams have shirt day, or whatever?

And FTR, this happens to UNC, Duke, KU, even shitty as Indiana.

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
Kentucky will always be Kentucky. Playing against UK will always be something teams get fired up for.
Yeah, this.....And Duke....And Kansas.....And UNC.

I mean for the UNC game @ IU, they have signs on the doors, reminding fans its a "white out" game.

Don't get the whining....

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
I think IU probably runs UNC. That is the sort of game UNC generally loses when a team is good and Indiana is good.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I think IU probably runs UNC. That is the sort of game UNC generally loses when a team is good and Indiana is good.
That'll be a really good game. I realized I had a game scheduled that night---so I cancelled it. 🤣

I like what I have seen from IU-----enough "decent" shooters to keep teams honest. Our freshman, Malik and JHS are really good. Gunn, another frosh, is getting there. Lot of depth.

UNC71-00

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2003
I dont get it-----Do you guys want attention, or not? Your coach calls you the "Gold Standard"---that you don't move the needle, you are the needle.....You pump about being the GOAT program....

So why do you get "upset", or question when teams have shirt day, or whatever?

And FTR, this happens to UNC, Duke, KU, even shitty as Indiana.

It doesn’t happen to Duke because you have to have the nuts to go on the road to be another team’s t-shirt night

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Don't get the whining confusion……
The score of last nights game is what lends to it. It’s not that hard to beat us. Why all the freshman energy at these places? Did Gonzaga play out of their minds? No. They just ran an honest playbook which leads to a win. Nothing fancy. Nothing to overly-celebrate. UK hasn’t done anything remotely remarkable in years.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
The score of last nights game is what lends to it. It’s not that hard to beat us. Why all the freshman energy at these places? Did Gonzaga play out of their minds? No. They just ran an honest playbook which leads to a win. Nothing fancy. Nothing to overly-celebrate. UK hasn’t done anything remotely remarkable in years.
UK is always gonna get people excited when they come to town. Just like folk get excited when Duke comes to town....Or UNC....Or Kansas. Shit, even Indiana. Its not just a UK thing...

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
I think I like ya'll better when y'all suck and don't know it than when you suck and do know it.