ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Auburn number 2 in the Coaches poll?

Bert Higginbotha

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2003
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
kentucky.rivals.com
You talk about getting screwed. Auburn should be number one in all polls. Gonzaga plays a whuss schedule and gets rewarded for it.

Sure they beat Texas and UCLA, but they lost to Duke and Alabama. Now go look at the rest of their schedule.

Geeze.

If I were an Auburn fan I would be mad as hell.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You talk about getting screwed. Auburn should be number one in all polls. Gonzaga plays a whuss schedule and gets rewarded for it.

Sure they beat Texas and UCLA, but they lost to Duke and Alabama. Now go look at the rest of their schedule.

Geeze.

If I were an Auburn fan I would be mad as hell.
They're tied, but I understand your Zag frustration. Auburn is beating much better teams.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
We actually are tied for first with Gonzaga today in the coaches poll. It’s also the coaches the poll and their is a lot of unnecessary hate on the Bruce pearl dickheat within the coaching ranks for some reason

Because Bruce Pearl is a grease ball.
Does this look greasy to you?

9641942778b87d176e4a1f1707b82f0f_brucepealhotties.jpg

article.252883.large.jpg

They are #1 in our hearts. I gotta say Auburn passes the smell test they got some dudes. They won't be sneaking up on anybody in March so they gotta deal with that pressure but they seem like the types that can dig it.

I still get this vibe the title winner might come from out of bounds this year but that may not be the case. Auburn is in that hunt if you are a fan you are living the good life right now.

If the tournament started today, Auburn would be the #1 overall seed. And frankly, it's not that close. 6-1 in Quad 1 games, 5-0 in Quad 2 games. They are slaying. They've lost a single game in 4OT. They could lose one more game, and they'd still easily be the #1 overall seed, IMO.
Does the number 1 seed get to pick its region? The south regional has Dallas as its host site while the Midwest has Chicago. Auburn would be labeled as south but I think we would prefer the Midwest region.

If the tournament started today, Auburn would be the #1 overall seed. And frankly, it's not that close. 6-1 in Quad 1 games, 5-0 in Quad 2 games. They are slaying. They've lost a single game in 4OT. They could lose one more game, and they'd still easily be the #1 overall seed, IMO.
#6 in the NET vs Gonzaga #1 could make it interesting to see how the NCAA would go.
This is the NCAA we're talking about.

Does the number 1 seed get to pick its region? The south regional has Dallas as its host site while the Midwest has Chicago. Auburn would be labeled as south but I think we would prefer the Midwest region.
You leave Chicago alone damnit.

I was actually looking the other day and Auburn is actually slightly closer to Chicago than Dallas.

I'm not sure it's a pick per se but I think the committee just tries to put them closest to their home base. That said, I'd guess if Auburn really wants Chicago, they should probably want Baylor to be a 1 seed so it makes sense for both of them. If for example, the four 1 seeds were Auburn, Gonzaga, Purdue and Villanova, I'm guessing they'd send Aubrurn to San Antonio.

All that said, the 1st/2nd round sites don't feed to specific regionals. So you could be sent to Greenville, SC and then San Antonio. Or you could be sent to Ft Worth, and then Chicago.

What sucks for Auburn is there really isn't a 1st/2nd round site that is close for you.

I'm not sure it's a pick per se but I think the committee just tries to put them closest to their home base. That said, I'd guess if Auburn really wants Chicago, they should probably want Baylor to be a 1 seed so it makes sense for both of them. If for example, the four 1 seeds were Auburn, Gonzaga, Purdue and Villanova, I'm guessing they'd send Aubrurn to San Antonio.

All that said, the 1st/2nd round sites don't feed to specific regionals. So you could be sent to Greenville, SC and then San Antonio. Or you could be sent to Ft Worth, and then Chicago.

What sucks for Auburn is there really isn't a 1st/2nd round site that is close for you.
We will be in Greenville the opening weekend. It’s only about 4-5 hours from Auburn.

Its closer than what you think....Though AU is gonna have more opportunities. But for the sake of conversation...

Kansas is 5-2 in Quad 1 games, and 5-1 in Quad 2..., with plenty of more opportunities to come. Purdue is 6-2 in Quad 1 games, but only 1-1 in Quad 2; but they too are gonna get more opportunities..

Then hell there is Xavier---they have 4 Quad 1 wins, and 5 Quad 2 wins. Shit Wisconsin is 7-3 in Quad 1 games...3-0 in Quad 2 games---And they still have games @Illinois, @ MSU, vs Purdue and @ Indiana. All would be Quad 1 wins...

In other words, its not as cut and dry as some think.

They're tied, but I understand your Zag frustration. Auburn is beating much better teams.
I mean, probably....But the WCC does have 4 teams in the Top 50 Net Rankings----which is on par with the PAC 12, and just two less than the B12. Hell the AAC only has one, Houston, and I don't see anyone bitching about their #2 Net Ranking, with ZERO Quad 1 wins. MOF, 14 of Houston's 18 wins are vs Quad 3/4 teams.

Someday Gonzaga is gonna get their respect, I reckon. Then again, probably not.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I mean, probably....But the WCC does have 4 teams in the Top 50 Net Rankings----which is on par with the PAC 12, and just two less than the B12. Hell the AAC only has one, Houston, and I don't see anyone bitching about their #2 Net Ranking, with ZERO Quad 1 wins. MOF, 14 of Houston's 18 wins are vs Quad 3/4 teams.

Someday Gonzaga is gonna get their respect, I reckon. Then again, probably not.
Oh I have far more respect for Gonzaga than Houston. Houston lost it’s only two legit games to Alabama and Wisconsin. I just don’t like margin of victory getting rewarded over strength of schedule

And all 14 of Auburn's fans will show up. ;)
You haven’t been watching auburn If you think that’s our number to travel now. Auburn has been averaging 2-3k every road game in the sEC so far. Auburn will have close to 5k at uga this Saturday

Reactions: TygBro
Oh I have far more respect for Gonzaga than Houston. Houston lost it’s only two legit games to Alabama and Wisconsin. I just don’t like margin of victory getting rewarded over strength of schedule
How strong is Auburn's strength of schedule? Who in hell have they played?

You keep telling everyone that Kentucky sucks and that is Auburn's best win.

Wow.

Reactions: cdbearde

Sure they beat Texas and UCLA, but they lost to Duke and Alabama.
Beat Texas Tech as well....

They did lose to Alabama----but they also beat the shit out of St. Mary's. The Gaels are two spots behind Alabama in the NET.

How strong is Auburn's strength of schedule? Who in hell have they played?

You keep telling everyone that Kentucky sucks and that is Auburn's best win.

Wow.
Auburns schedule ranks 66. Kentucky’s ranks 248. I also haven’t told anyone that Kentucky sucks. They are very good. Just not better than Auburn

You haven’t been watching auburn If you think that’s our number to travel now. Auburn has been averaging 2-3k every road game in the sEC so far. Auburn will have close to 5k at uga this Saturday
I bet if they played at Rupp there would not be 14 Auburn fans there unless they, the Auburn fans, got a grad degree from Kentucky.

Auburn fan following is horrible. I hate to tell you that in the SEC tourney there are very, very few Auburn fans. Geeze I have them recorded. Auburn's following sucks swamp water.

I pay very little attention to SOS, NET, this or that---I watch the games. Anyone who claims to have ANY type of basketball IQ, knows Gonzaga is as good as anyone in CBB. And have been for the past 5-6 years.

You could put about 10 teams or more in a hat, pull one out, and be just as accurate as any computer, as far as who is better.

I bet if they played at Rupp there would not be 14 Auburn fans there unless they, the Auburn fans, got a grad degree from Kentucky.

Auburn fan following is horrible. I hate to tell you that in the SEC tourney there are very, very few Auburn fans. Geeze I have them recorded. Auburn's following sucks swamp water.
Historically you are correct. This isn’t the past though. Times have changed and I see it’s tough for you to now adjust to the present reality. There was hardly any royal blue in auburns arena last week

• Sad
Auburns schedule ranks 66. Kentucky’s ranks 248. I also haven’t told anyone that Kentucky sucks. They are very good. Just not better than Auburn
Oh Auburn plays great teams. Bullshit.

I started this thread on why Auburn should be ranked number one and it becomes a pissing match for some reason that I can't understand.

Geeze you Auburn fans are so easy to hate.

Oh Auburn plays great teams. Bullshit.

I started this thread on why Auburn should be ranked number one and it becomes a pissing match for some reason that I can't understand.

Geeze you Auburn fans are so easy to hate.
Your rant here doesn’t even make sense

Fear the Gaels.
I mean, they are pretty good...Some of you are just stuck in the if it doesn't say UK, KU, Duke on the shirt, then a team cannot possibly be worthy of credibility.. St, Maty's is a really good basketball team---So is BYU....So is San Fran. Shit the Gaels have more Quad 1 wins than Houston---and they are #2 in the NET. They have the same amount of Quad 1 wins as Arizona does...Just one less than UCLA and Tenn...

Ya'll need to WATCH the games, instead of reading jersey names.

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT