ADVERTISEMENT

Why has Kentucky refused to schedule Murray st.?…

That’s because Gregg Marshall’s a douchebag.

Could be a lot worse than losing to an in-state school once in the tourney. Like watching big bro win the national title every year. 🤣
The whole country watches Bama dominate football. It’s not just auburn that has to see that but nice try piggy backing on someone else

🤣

All you do is piggyback somebody else in your little pissing contests because Auburn’s accomplished nothing in basketball.
I don’t piggy back on anyone. I call Kansas out for being the biggest choker in ncaa tourney history

Kentucky definitely doesn’t want any part of that Iona and pitino smoke. Even at 70 pitino is still a better coach then cal
There’s been a some horrible Wanna be trolls on this board but you take the cake. You are the absolute worst. You trolls are that of a 14 year old middle school kid. You try but you just don’t have it kid.

I don’t piggy back on anyone. I call Kansas out for being the biggest choker in ncaa tourney history
You don’t piggy back? What the hell you call this thread?😂 As far as Kansas being the biggest choker in NCAA history, at least they have a history. Auburn don’t have shit….that’s embarrassing!!!!

I take that as a compliment. Imagine if your program had appeared in almost half the Elite 8s in the modern era and almost 30% of Final Fours, and all anyone says is you should’ve done more.

Of course, you’ll never have that problem. Everybody’s surprised you even made it once.

We’re those other games home and home?

Offering up neutral site is a bit disingenuous. It’s not like UK wouldn’t fill 90% of any neutral arena within 500 miles.

No home and homes except Louisville. Back in the 1910-30's they may have played away but nothing recent.

Fair point about the neutral court, but it was allegedly offered. There is no reason for them to want to play at Murray St. Less fans so less money.(8k vs 20k)

Plus it's on the other end of the state practically in Tennessee. Murray state is closer to Memphis, St. Louis, and Ole Miss than it is to Lexington. The same drive for them to play IU or UK(little over 4 hours).

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Yes it is. Almost 50 post in it. I drive so much traffic for this Board.

ok

That begs the question: are you an attention whore, a glutton for abuse or do you somehow make money driving traffic on this little board?

We did play WKU this season for a reason I can't remember.
Yea it was weird to take a “48 hour covid pause” when no one on the team actually had covid and the cdc called for 5-7 days quarantine upon close contact. The 48 hour pause got us off of taking a certain road loss tho……..Oh nevermind that was UK actually ducking a game last year, as opposed to being one of the 30+ teams that had a covid cancellation this dec/january bc they had people on their team who actually had covid.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Alabama is who burns the in state schools in Alabama. Not Auburn. For example Bama won’t play uab in basketball or football
UAB and UAH are both part of the University of Alabama system, maybe that has something to do with it.

Kentucky, under Coach Rupp, as a rule did not want to play the instate schools for one reason: UK had nothing to gain. If Kentucky won it would be expected, if they lost holy shit would break out. If UK won ever damned game, they still would not gain.

This all changed when Denny Crum landed in Louisville to take the UL coaching job. His first statement was that he was aiming to take the basketball crown in the state from Kentucky. Immediately the Louisville community started political pressure on the state for Kentucky to play Louisville. It soon became too hot for UK, and they were politically forced to play UL. So, beginning in 1984 UK was forced to play UL. The home and home worked until this year when UL mysteriously used Covid so they would not have to go to Rupp.

The bullshit about playing the other instate schools’ home and home is sort of crazy. Murray, Western Kentucky, Louisville, Morehead, Eastern Kentucky and North Kentucky would eat up 6 of the OCC slots and having to go on the road to these teams every other year should not be forced on Kentucky or any other school.

Additionally, I would like to see the Universities decide who in hell they want to play. It is not the responsibility of the politicians to dictate terms for basketball scheduling. Pure stupidity.

Man I hope we beat St Pete.. We lose that game and you'll swear we were dodging Murray St
laughing-nod.gif

ADVERTISEMENT