ADVERTISEMENT

Why do people need food and water while standing in line to vote?

Exactly I got shit to do. I'm not waiting over an hour, people need to figure their shit out.

You can vote early here, like 30 days before hand. Not only that, but these voting places are not elaborate. It's a bunch of folding tables with cardboard partitions. You could pack out high schools gyms everywhere.

Reactions: bMORE607
You can vote early here, like 30 days before hand. Not only that, but these voting places are not elaborate. It's a bunch of folding tables with cardboard partitions. You could pack out high schools gyms everywhere.
Lol my polling place is in an elementary gym but there’s like 4 others within a 5 mile radius

Reactions: hawkit3113
There was a line about 60 people long that I got to skip entirely because I was already registered. There was no one in the already registered line so I voted right away.

Reactions: hawkit3113
What? Where?

Phoenix.

Fvck me. Is your polling place only open for a those couple hours? I've never waited longer than 45 minutes.

No, they're open all day. Laws here dictate how many polling places they can have, and it's definitely not enough.

My guess is that they're trying to push people to vote by mail or vote early in person.

I have some other theories, but no need to go there in this thread.

Pretty lame to make it illegal though. If you want your guy to win, maybe put forth better arguments on why you should win instead of making it harder and more uncomfortable to vote.
That is kind of ridiculous though, isn't it? You have to wait in line at the DMV, Airlines counter, grocery store and have to show an ID to pick up sports tickets. That is not making it difficult. It is just business as usual.

Why would you choose to not have any safeguards in place if you want an honest outcome? The obvious answer is you want to cheat.

Last edited:
Its kinds odd that people on the right are telling everyone to boycott the "woke" Georgia companies for being woke and people on the left are telling people to boycott the same companies for not being woke enough.

Hmm....

Its kinds odd that people on the right are telling everyone to boycott the "woke" Georgia companies for being woke and people on the left are telling people to boycott the same companies for not being woke enough.

Hmm....
Nobody actually knows what’s in the bill, but the media says it’s bad.

Lulz, that's why you don't live in big cities.

Because of the inconvenience of waiting in line to vote.

I've maybe ever had to wait for two people in front me when I've voted, and that's because I either procrastinate and go near closing time, or go during lunch hour.

Silly humans trying to justify your complaints about your own poor life choices........

When they removed federal oversight in Texas....

The state closed a bunch of polling places. They didn't close them in nice areas. They closed them in minority dominated areas.

I am lucky. I live in a nice area. I don't have issues voting. But not everyone is as lucky in Houston.
We have the same issues here that they do in Atlanta

Our state government doesn't care at all. Just as long as Republicans continue to win.

Luckily we aren't too much of a swing state yet.
But Georgia is...Georgia has a track record just as bad. Probably more because it is a smaller state.

They need to put that back in place so these states don't continue to do this.
Because only thing they care about is partisan politics.

Not really racist as it is partisan. I tell my people if they voted Republican we wouldn't have these issues.

Reactions: sgrooms
Guys this thread does not belong on this board. Please don’t turn this into the football board.

It is important...

Especially if they understand why there are huge lines to vote.

When they ended federal oversight in numerous states the state government started closing polling places.
They closed polling places that weren't voting for their side.

So now you see huge lines in a few cities to vote....

Some people don't have the time to wait in line for 3 1/2 hours to vote.
You go to another polling place you are in there and out of there in 20 minutes.

Problem on the football board is an echo chamber of stupidity. They need people to reaffirm their POV.

I’m not sure what this thread is even about tbh. Arbitrary at best.

It is important...

Especially if they understand why there are huge lines to vote.

When they ended federal oversight in numerous states the state government started closing polling places.
They closed polling places that weren't voting for their side.

So now you see huge lines in a few cities to vote....

Obviously what you said is a problem, but I don't see how the recent legislation is part of that problem. Add more locations/polls at the locations, but I dont see a problem with requiring a free ID, having 2-3 days in person voting, mail in also, etc...

It’s bc over half the population are fat ass slugs. They accounted for 94% of covid hospitalizations and I’m guessing around the same amount of burden on the healthcare system. The answer is fat loudmouthed unfit Americans to be honest.

Obviously what you said is a problem, but I don't see how the recent legislation is part of that problem. Add more locations/polls at the locations, but I dont see a problem with requiring a free ID, having 2-3 days in person voting, mail in also, etc...

The lines are because of the closing of the polls.

I am more familiar with what happened in Texas than Georgia but it is one in the same.

Voting Rights Act was much pretty left toothless. The Act was because of past voting issues from an earlier era. The Supreme Court ruled against the act and gave the states the final say.

A lot of states with high minority population and a Republican controlled state government started closing polling places in minority communities.

This created the lines. Making it more difficult to vote...

So the giving of food and drink is because of people having to wait 2-4 hours to vote.

Why would you close polling places in states that are growing?

This article is from 2016 and talks about the closure of polling places...

That lead to the long lines.

ADVERTISEMENT