ADVERTISEMENT

Why do people need food and water while standing in line to vote?

They don't and it's an incentive for politicians to get their people out there to try to buy a vote at the last second. There's just so many snowflakes out there who feel like if they don't get there cookie and their glass of milk their rights are violated.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Why would anyone specifically outlaw giving people food and water unless they were just trying to **** with them? Like, these people actually felt the need to write down, in a law, "thou shalt not hand out food and water." And your question is "why do you need food and water?" instead of "why the **** is that in a law?"

Reactions: sgrooms
Why would anyone specifically outlaw giving people food and water unless they were just trying to **** with them? Like, these people actually felt the need to write down, in a law, "thou shalt not hand out food and water." And your question is "why do you need food and water?" instead of "why the **** is that in a law?"
Polling workers can give people standing in line food and water, not people actively campaigning.

The lines are because of the closing of the polls.

Why would you close polling places in states that are growing?

Good question. From my understanding Georgia is like Ky. The poll locations and amount of booths/machines are set up by the County government, not the state.

Fulton County is Atlanta. 45% black population. Only 39% white non hispanic. So 61% people of color. It's known as one of the most reliably democratic counties in the US.

sounds like the issue is democrats(county level) and Republicans (state level) making it harder for people to vote.

Good question. From my understanding Georgia is like Ky. The poll locations and amount of booths/machines are set up by the County government, not the state.

Fulton County is Atlanta. 45% black population. Only 39% white non hispanic. So 61% people of color. It's known as one of the most reliably democratic counties in the US.

sounds like the issue is democrats(county level) and Republicans (state level) making it harder for people to vote.

I know in Houston the local counties especially Harris have tried to make it easier but the state is curtailing it.
From what I am reading about Fulton County and Georgia the same thing is happening.

No idea about Texas, but the article you posted said fulton county officials were the ones who tried to eliminate polling locations.

Which seems more egregious than requiring a free ID or only allowing poll officials to give out water.

It just seems like it's all being blamed on Republicans when Fulton is clearly a democratic place.

ADVERTISEMENT