ADVERTISEMENT

Why do Hams teams perform so well in close games?

tigity

Jan 8, 2007
Rent Free In Your Head
Team
Florida State
I think we have 5 or 6 last second one point (or one possession) wins this season and an NCAA record 12 OT wins in a row.

Regardless of criticism of Coach Hamilton there is no questioning he has kids ready when the game is tight at the end.

Not sure how much traction you’ll get because there was a thread on this 4-6 weeks ago. Check that out for discussion.

But yeah, FSU has been insane in one possession games/OT games for about a decade now.

Probably random.

But FSU has been solid for the majority of his tenure because they play high level D and bring in some length, good recruiting. Size matters.

That's what she said!

I'm still trying to figure out how a 73-year-old manages to look like he's 50. It probably helps not having any hair. It would likely be white.

My guess is that close games creates a really slow tempo at the end. And that’s not a great recipe for success against a team with FSU’s historical depth, length and athleticism.

Doesnt Hamilton typically play a lot of players? Means his teams will be more fresh in late game scenarios.

Reactions: GE Nole
Probably random.

But FSU has been solid for the majority of his tenure because they play high level D and bring in some length, good recruiting. Size matters.

That's what she said!

Its waaaaayyy too frequent to be random. FSU is 28-9 in one possession games since 2017.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT