ADVERTISEMENT

Why couldn’t Coach K get this kind of effort out of Tatum?

These Duke fans are all worked up that Roy takes their titles with very little NBA talent.

How do you only get one NCAA Title with 3 years of Michael Jordan?

Because the GOAT didn’t reach GOAT status till he got to the NBA. How many titles did Shaq win in college? How many NBA titles did Laettner win and when I say that I can throw in Hansbrough too. Players get better with better coaching. Jordan wasn’t the same player in college as he was a pro and Tatum is proving that too.

Reactions: denniden
These Duke fans are all worked up that Roy takes their titles with very little NBA talent.

UNC fans worked up because they have no former players to cheer for in the NBA Playoffs so they resort to talking about their rivals former player Laughing

UNC fans worked up because they have no former players to cheer for in the NBA Playoffs so they resort to talking about their rivals former player Laughing

You’re reaching now Q. Also what UNC fan has hated on Duke players still in the playoffs? Had Semi stayed at Duke chances are he wouldn’t even be in the league.

I'm not sure there are UNC fans worked up but I haven't read the whole thread. There are plenty of players in the league I cheer for that are still playing though. I don't know what Duke players are left outside of Tatum but I'm pulling for the Celtics to beat the Cavs so...

Yeah, no.

He claimed that Tatum was better utilized by the coach in the nba than in college. As a result, his team when further when he played better.
Actually, no, he didn't. But a nice effort.

Not when you didn't lose the game based on those shots not going in. They had OT to make up for it. Mentally weak teams do things like what Toronto did.
A lot of "mentally weak teams" have lost to Lebron in the ECF if you were not aware.

Though not many are down by a ton and come back to tie a game they had no business to win....still cannot get around this, no matter how much you dance, deflect, distort and spin.

Actually, no, he didn't. But a nice effort.
Are you ******ed?

I’m comparing Tatums’ rookie years at Duke and Boston and that’s it. How far did Duke go in the tourney with Tatum compared to Boston this year? Now we can argue stats, games played etc but it looks like Stevens has found a way to use Tatum more effectively as a rookie than K did as a freshman. As for Lue, no one on his squad is a rookie that’s getting major minutes so that analogy doesn’t work.

Yeah, no.

He claimed that Tatum was better utilized by the coach in the nba than in college. As a result, his team when further when he played better.

Are you ******ed?
Nope. But I am an adult and if I make a mistake I will own up to it. And here it seems I did. Should not have said this played no bearing for the OP

That said, his argument is silly, which was my point, as there are other players who might have something to do with a team winning or losing.

Reactions: Quavarius
A lot of "mentally weak teams" have lost to Lebron in the ECF if you were not aware.

Though not many are down by a ton and come back to tie a game they had no business to win....still cannot get around this, no matter how much you dance, deflect, distort and spin.
giphy.gif

A GIF to deflect? Call me shocked.
What's the point of arguing with you. You can't stay on the subject. You start talking about the Celtics when we are talking about the Raptors vs Cavs series. I called it that I thought Cavs were gonna win the series with Boston if it goes to a game 7. But I am really hoping for the Celtics to take care of business and prove me wrong. Just so we can all see how you make excuses for the alleged GOAT. Difference in me and you is I have no dog in the fight. Everybody that isn't bias in favor of the Cavs and Lebron can see the Raptors were shook by Lebron and the Cavs after game 1 , just not you.

What's the point of arguing with you. You can't stay on the subject. You start talking about the Celtics when we are talking about the Raptors vs Cavs series. I called it that I thought Cavs were gonna win the series with Boston if it goes to a game 7. But I am really hoping for the Celtics to take care of business and prove me wrong. Just so we can all see how you make excuses for the alleged GOAT. Difference in me and you is I have no dog in the fight. Everybody that isn't bias in favor of the Cavs and Lebron can see the Raptors were shook by Lebron and the Cavs after game 1 , just not you.
If you cannot stay on topic and answer a direct question as opposed to deflecting I get not wanting to "argue with me".

You used a guy who missed a couple chances to end a game getting upset as a reason they were deflated. who wouldn't have been upset?

You still cannot answer how this deflated team was able to come back from a huge deficit to tie Game 3.

Now you take the Both sides of the Fence Approach or Happy Either Way if you prefer so you can say if they win you called it, but if they lose you are happy they lost.

The other difference in us is if I have a point and am asked a direct question from someone with a counter view I'll answer the question or concede I might have been offbase. You don't have that in you. You will dance, deflect, distort, etc.

Why would I need to make excuses for the alleged GOAT if they lose? Are you thinking it will be his doing if they went down? Guess I could say he took your advice as we know you think it's better to not even make the Finals than lose.

If you cannot stay on topic and answer a direct question as opposed to deflecting I get not wanting to "argue with me".

You used a guy who missed a couple chances to end a game getting upset as a reason they were deflated. who wouldn't have been upset?

You still cannot answer how this deflated team was able to come back from a huge deficit to tie Game 3.

Now you take the Both sides of the Fence Approach or Happy Either Way if you prefer so you can say if they win you called it, but if they lose you are happy they lost.

The other difference in us is if I have a point and am asked a direct question from someone with a counter view I'll answer the question or concede I might have been offbase. You don't have that in you. You will dance, deflect, distort, etc.

Why would I need to make excuses for the alleged GOAT if they lose? Are you thinking it will be his doing if they went down? Guess I could say he took your advice as we know you think it's better to not even make the Finals than lose.
tenor.gif

spacegrass to English - "got me again, dt. Once again I cannot refute anything you said. A little later I might come back with another meaningless, longwinded dance, deflection and distortion of what has really taken place here, though.

Because the GOAT didn’t reach GOAT status till he got to the NBA. How many titles did Shaq win in college? How many NBA titles did Laettner win and when I say that I can throw in Hansbrough too. Players get better with better coaching. Jordan wasn’t the same player in college as he was a pro and Tatum is proving that too.
About as well said as I think it can be explained. Saved me from making a mess trying to say the same thing with many more words.

spacegassass, you if you have an opinion then just say it. You cant spout out gas saying you think one team will win but hoping for the other team, that is chickenshit.

Reactions: dtgold88
spacegassass, you if you have an opinion then just say it. You cant spout out gas saying you think one team will win but hoping for the other team, that is chickenshit.
This is Happy Either Way Guy. A role played by many in sports forums. Now if the Cavs go down he will be happy, and if Boston loses he'll claim a "win" because he said the Cavs would win.

This is a cousin of Both Sides of the Fence Guy.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
This is Happy Either Way Guy. A role played by many in sports forums. Now if the Cavs go down he will be happy, and if Boston loses he'll claim a "win" because he said the Cavs would win.

This is a cousin of Both Sides of the Fence Guy.
You’re advocating people blindly argue in favor of what they want regardless of if they believe it?

That’s a sound foundation for an intelligent argument.

You’re advocating people blindly argue in favor of what they want regardless of if they believe it?

That’s a sound foundation for an intelligent argument.
Didn't say I advocate for it, just said it's what they do.

There is a guy on the football board who is a huge Cleveland fan who will guarantee cavalier wins, but anytime something goes wrong he will blame the coach, GM, owner, etc.

so on one hand he thinks the Cavs roster is good enough to easily get to the Finals and he said beat the #1 seed in the West - Houston - if they play (GS more of a struggle). But if they lose, he will blame the GM as he had all year.

Both Sides of the Fence Guy (BSOTFG).

sadly, if the Cavs lose he'll claim a misguided I-told-you-so "win" for himself.

and I've seen many like him in sports' forums.

Didn't say I advocate for it, just said it's what they do.

There is a guy on the football board who is a huge Cleveland fan who will guarantee cavalier wins, but anytime something goes wrong he will blame the coach, GM, owner, etc.

so on one hand he thinks the Cavs roster is good enough to easily get to the Finals and he said beat the #1 seed in the West - Houston - if they play (GS more of a struggle). But if they lose, he will blame the GM as he had all year.

Both Sides of the Fence Guy (BSOTFG).

sadly, if the Cavs lose he'll claim a misguided I-told-you-so "win" for himself.

and I've seen many like him in sports' forums.
I’ve expected Duke to fall short of a championship probably 14 of the last 15 seasons. Guess I’m a total BSOTFG

Reactions: dtgold88
ADVERTISEMENT