ADVERTISEMENT

Why Are You Here?

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
There’s been some voicing of displeasure of the site, members announcing - and some not announcing - departures from here. Granted, it’s an unprecedented time in the sports world this summer, which is why I think we need a board like this even more.

I’m here for the following:

1. basketball
2. Sophomoric humor and semi aggressive cat fights

Sometimes the order flips. Even the mods mix it up with us in the hijinx (@Kevin Bryan, @Longstrangetrip, @denniden) Personally I love the frat house feel that this site provides, and is a nice distraction from the same ol’.

It’s been the waste of time I was looking for. So what about you?

Started lurking under a different account name probably 9 or 10 years ago..circa 2010-11. Layout was completely different, and you couldn’t rapidly post as you can now. It made the content of the posts much better imo, but it wasn’t user friendly. I started posting around 2012-13, and haven’t looked back. I’ve taken a few breaks from the board..but always end up posting again. I like this board. Sometimes it can be whatever, but the landscape of posters is quite diverse...and that’s what’s kept me here.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I mean, I'm the GOAT, if I leave, the board is pretty much useless.

giphy.gif

-My love of college basketball
-The frat house feel
-Something to fill in my time when I'm not dealing with bullshit at work, it’s a nice release.
-updates. Half the time, I find shit out on here long before I see it anywhere else.
Cbb news breaks here sometimes before media outlets...so I’m right there with ya.

I work with all women and have for 8 years now. The forums are a place where I can shoot the shit and talk sports with guys the way I use to at my old jobs.

Also I’d say 1% of my guy friends follow college basketball the way I do so it’s hard to talk it with friends because they don’t know much.

ADVERTISEMENT