ADVERTISEMENT

Why are some teams easy to root against?

I think the bigger schools' fans get a little too loud and proud, so I'm all for the smaller programs, even if its at UKs expense sometimes. Looking at you St. Pete's!

Virginia Tech. 1 of 2 P5 schools with zero national championships in any NCAA sport.

The other is Kansas State, who I am now conveniently rooting for in this NCAA tourney.
As a KU fan I would like for KState to remain one of those 2, so I can conveniently use it in any argument with mouthy KState fans. You know how it is, being a Virginia fan.

Memphis, UL, Houston for example. Basically, everyone who played in the Metro conference.

I get hating on successful programs like Duke and UNC because of jealousy, but why the hate for smaller less successful schools?

*Feel free to add more.
Yes, arrogant fan bases.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I can’t say I really like/dislike “random” programs. Like I don’t like Auburn because of Bruce Pearl, for example, but that’s not random. I don’t like Houston because of Sampson, but that’s not random.

Clemson? Louisville? Washington? Mississippi State? Usually forget about them until their paths cross with Illinois, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT