ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the poster you respect the most based on fandom?

It really is that simple in alot of cases, esp when said teams are usually good.

i got into an argument as a kid with a friend who couldnt understand why i was a louisville fan. He was like a broken record, “we live in Kentucky, not Louisville” Finally i said actually we live in western kentucky so tell me again why u arent a hilltopper fan??? Bc UK is a blueblood and wku is a mid major 🤷‍♂️

but thats the thing, if nc state had the tradition of unc, theyd have a much bigger fanbase imo.
Like the pats, u couldnt fine a new england ptriot fan at a effin parade before brady/bill
Or you can have family attend and play athletics at the University.

I see you have come out of the bunker you holed up in all of last year, amazing what a big win will do for die hard win or lose fan like yourself.
Your awesome. Team goes to uk gets blsted, doesnt slow you down a lick. I love it. Hell i wish i was a bit more like you in that regard.

And u win this battle of words with jc3 imo, idk why he took such insult to that post when it was super obv u werent even talking about the txam game. And it wasnt even a super insulting post 🤷‍♂️ rent free or something like that.

True, or go to college somewhere out of state. Im sure there are millions of reasons ppl become fans of certain teams, Hence my first sentence saying, in alot of cases.

This applies to me actually. I didnt really have a college team until my sister went to UL and i started going up there to party on the weekends once i got my license or once my oldest friend got his lol. I was actually partial to wku before then bc my dad is an alum.

Your awesome. Team goes to uk gets blsted, doesnt slow you down a lick. I love it. Hell i wish i was a bit more like you in that regard.

And u win this battle of words with jc3 imo, idk why he took such insult to that post when it was super obv u werent even talking about the txam game. And it wasnt even a super insulting post 🤷‍♂️ rent free or something like that.
Thank you. Let me help you understand me. I grew up around outside of Knoxville, I got a BS from UT. I am east TN through in through. I want Tennessee to win them all, but if they lose them all I'm still for Tennessee because UT is a part of my DNA. Furthermore, I laugh at the notion belonging to a fan base that has won a lot makes said fan any better than a fan who's team has never even made it into the NIT. If UT wins a National title, I am no richer and if the lose them all, I am no poorer.

I imagine that JC3 never attended UK much less has a degree. Does my degree make me a better fan than than JC3, no. Is JC3 a superior fan cause UK has a rich history and the recent win, no. We are just fans supporting our teams and that is that. I have never scored a point or gotten a steal for UT and he has not for UK.

Regarding winning a battle of words. I consider myself a sharp sword and JC3 a piece of clay. He is unwilling or incapable of actually engaging in an argument (point counter point) as his comments are never supported and always subjective to the point of senseless, but we have to give him points for trying though.

Reactions: cdbearde
Thank you. Let me help you understand me. I grew up around outside of Knoxville, I got a BS from UT. I am east TN through in through. I want Tennessee to win them all, but if they lose them all I'm still for Tennessee because UT is a part of my DNA. Furthermore, I laugh at the notion belonging to a fan base that has won a lot makes said fan any better than a fan who's team has never even made it into the NIT. If UT wins a National title, I am no richer and if the lose them all, I am no poorer.

I imagine that JC3 never attended UK much less has a degree. Does my degree make me a better fan than than JC3, no. Is JC3 a superior fan cause UK has a rich history and the recent win, no. We are just fans supporting our teams and that is that. I have never scored a point or gotten a steal for UT and he has not for UK.

Regarding winning a battle of words. I consider myself a sharp sword and JC3 a piece of clay. He is unwilling or incapable of actually engaging in an argument (point counter point) as his comments are never supported and always subjective to the point of senseless, but we have to give him points for trying though.
The dunce cap fits you well, Della. Wrong on all counts, yet again.

Stats and FACTS support me every time. You're a lot like the U6 fans that just can't handle them. I've explained the concept of your 'pie chart arguments' you try to float here and the meaning still eludes you. You take your little slice of history and present it as being bigger than the rest of the pie. Barnes being 8-7 vs Cal since he's been at ut is nothing but a cute little footnote when you consider:

UK 158 ut 75 (all time series)
UK 49 SEC Titles ut 11
UK 8 National Championships ut 0 (they have a grand total of 1 Elite 8 appearance)
All- time wins: UK 2,327 ut 1,690

So again, when you continue your efforts to 'punch up' at a rival that is far superior, it just makes you look stupid and you're apparently ok with that. Just stop with the playing the victim crap when you get called out for it. If you're going to continue being an annoying little gnat, I'm going to swat you like one.

The dunce cap fits you well, Della. Wrong on all counts, yet again.

Stats and FACTS support me every time. You're a lot like the U6 fans that just can't handle them. I've explained the concept of your 'pie chart arguments' you try to float here and the meaning still eludes you. You take your little slice of history and present it as being bigger than the rest of the pie. Barnes being 8-7 vs Cal since he's been at ut is nothing but a cute little footnote when you consider:

UK 158 ut 75 (all time series)
UK 49 SEC Titles ut 11
UK 8 National Championships ut 0 (they have a grand total of 1 Elite 8 appearance)
All- time wins: UK 2,327 ut 1,690

So again, when you continue your efforts to 'punch up' at a rival that is far superior, it just makes you look stupid and you're apparently ok with that. Just stop with the playing the victim crap when you get called out for it. If you're going to continue being an annoying little gnat, I'm going to swat you like one.
You never use facts or stats to disprove anything I argue as can be seen by comparing what I posted and your response and everyone can see that.

You are like a person that wears a military uniform yet never served in the military (stolen valor). You going to a mini mart and buying a UK tee-shirt in no way makes you superior to anyone. Thinking it only makes you come off as pitiful.

You probably curse your Grandfather for having such a good life when UK was in it's hay day and leaving you to a living hell that Barnes has put you in. 8-7 😁

Last edited:
You never use facts or stats to disprove anything I argue as can be seen by comparing what I posted and your response and everyone can see that.

You are like a person that wears a military uniform yet never served in the military (stolen valor). You going to a mini mart and buying a UK tee-shirt in no way makes you superior to anyone. Thinking it only makes you come off as pitiful.

You probably curse your Grandfather for having such a good life when UK was in it's hay day and leaving you to a living hell that Barnes has put you in. 8-7 😁
When stats and facts don't support you, ^^^ this is the result. I've witnessed 4 National Titles won by UK in my lifetime, among countless ass whippins of ut, the most recent being one where UK broke the record by hanging 107 points on a supposedly #2 ranked defense. See how that works? I just used stats and facts. All you came at me with was some weird 'only in your mind' warped BS and your little 8-7 pie slice. You are simply bringing a pocket knife to a gunfight.

When stats and facts don't support you, ^^^ this is the result. I've witnessed 4 National Titles won by UK in my lifetime, among countless ass whippins of ut, the most recent being one where UK broke the record by hanging 107 points on a supposedly #2 ranked defense. See how that works? I just used stats and facts. All you came at me with was some weird 'only in your mind' warped BS and your little 8-7 pie slice. You are simply bringing a pocket knife to a gunfight.
That fact that Barnes is 8-7 over Cal is the only fact I stated game related and it is supported.

I also said, one fan is no different than other and what their teams do have no bearing on one fan being superior to another. Since you suggested I'm punching up to you share how your tee-shirt from mini mart makes you the better fan. Since fans do nothing but root for teams tell me how any fan can be superior to another?

I believe that a fan is measured in their support of a team. You were much less visible last year when UK was getting clocked and now you're back in full force. That kinda makes you the fair weather fan as I see it. I am here if UT wins or gets crushed at Lexington and that kinda makes me the true fan as I see it. See how that works?😁

Btw, your gun is clearly never loaded since you can't really engage what I say, so the knife is the superior weapon in our case. 😁

True, or go to college somewhere out of state. Im sure there are millions of reasons ppl become fans of certain teams, Hence my first sentence saying, in alot of cases.
Agreed. It just makes me laugh at some of the posts by folks who push back on why someone is a fan of a certain school and say "well, you didnt attend so you arent a real fan".

This applies to me actually. I didnt really have a college team until my sister went to UL and i started going up there to party on the weekends once i got my license or once my oldest friend got his lol. I was actually partial to wku before then bc my dad is an alum.
My brother played football at Duke. Was there the day Shaq came to town and Laettner hung 37 on them. Chris Weber was on his recruiting visit. Wild.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Agreed. It just makes me laugh at some of the posts by folks who push back on why someone is a fan of a certain school and say "well, you didnt attend so you arent a real fan".
Yeah, you're a fan if you love your team. Your a good fan if you love them thick or thin.

Reactions: Afamu
That fact that Barnes is 8-7 over Cal is the only fact I stated game related and it is supported.

I also said, one fan is no different than other and what their teams do have no bearing on one fan being superior to another. Since you suggested I'm punching up to you share how your tee-shirt from mini mart makes you the better fan. Since fans do nothing but root for teams tell me how any fan can be superior to another?

I believe that a fan is measured in their support of a team. You were much less visible last year when UK was getting clocked and now you're back in full force. That kinda makes you the fair weather fan as I see it. I am here if UT wins or gets crushed at Lexington and that kinda makes me the true fan as I see it. See how that works?😁

Btw, your gun is clearly never loaded since you can't really engage what I say, so the knife is the superior weapon in our case. 😁
What is up with your reading comprehension? This has never been an argument about fans. Its about programs. When a fan of a program keeps taking shots with their little pea shooter at a far superior rival program, don't be surprised when the fan of said rival program calls you out for it. Fanhood is besides the point in this ongoing feud, especially when you and your little pie slice try to outweigh all that there is to the contrary.

I'm not sure why you're taking things in that direction. It's not about the level of fanhood.... it's about you continuing to go after a program that literally and figuratively owns yours, looking stupid in doing it, then crying foul/playing the victim when you're called out for it.

With regard to last year, UK's worst in 100 years, what was there really to say? Even though that miserable point guard-less team kicked ut's ass in TBA, it didn't matter. It was a miserable season. Cal made the needed adjustments and things are looking somewhat back to normal again.

I'm 52, Della. I've been a UK fan since knowing what a basketball was. All of your wild speculation of me is nowhere close to accurate.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What is up with your reading comprehension? This has never been an argument about fans. Its about programs. When a fan of a program keeps taking shots with their little pea shooter at a far superior rival program, don't be surprised when the fan of said rival program calls you out for it. Fanhood is besides the point in this ongoing feud, especially when you and your little pie slice try to outweigh all that there is to the contrary.

I'm not sure why you're taking things in that direction. It's not about the level of fanhood.... it's about you continuing to go after a program that literally and figuratively owns yours, looking stupid in doing it, then crying foul/playing the victim when you're called out for it.

With regard to last year, UK's worst in 100 years, what was there really to say? Even though that miserable point guard-less team kicked ut's ass in TBA, it didn't matter. It was a miserable season. Cal made the needed adjustments and things are looking somewhat back to normal again.

I'm 52, Della. I've been a UK fan since knowing what a basketball was. All of your wild speculation of me is nowhere close to accurate.
I pick at UK because y’all are our Rival. Most of the things I say are just little jokes. I actually never bring up 8-7 unless it is in response to overall record. You see JC3 I don’t start things, but I’m not shy to respond to them. I never bring up CFB because it is irrelevant. Furthermore, I have never dissed Cal cause I think he is a great coach. I have stated it even when UK fans were blasting him. I have never stated that UT has the greatest CBB program in history, so why are you so insecure about me being happy with UTs success under Barnes?
I like to joke around, but I don’t desire to really hurt anyone, you included. So, there it is.

I guess you're just not aware of when you start things. Intentional or not, it happens. Guys like me respond... in kind.

Care to discuss Rick Barnes record against Auburn?

I have Della on ignore so I don't know what you are responding to; however, I can imagine what she said.

But watch out, when they (folks like Della) lose the basketball argument, you will become a racist or some other outlier. When they can't win an argument they go with the strawman argument. Distort facts and only vaguely address the original claim.

Tennessee basketball is marginally good. They have never been close to good, but their delusional fans feel different. Using facts only confuse them and make them pick up the strawman argument because they can’t win a debate.

Reactions: JC for 3
I have Della on ignore so I don't know what you are responding to; however, I can imagine what she said.

But watch out, when they (folks like Della) lose the basketball argument, you will become a racist or some other outlier. When they can't win an argument they go with the strawman argument. Distort facts and only vaguely address the original claim.

Tennessee basketball is marginally good. They have never been close to good, but their delusional fans feel different. Using facts only confuse them and make them pick up the strawman argument because they can’t win a debate.
Sooooooo……not screwing?

I guess you're just not aware of when you start things. Intentional or not, it happens. Guys like me respond... in kind.
Fair enough, I do start things on purpose sometimes, but they are usually little jokes designed to make y’all laugh or come back with something snappy. They are not designed to take everyone to DEFCON 1.

Do you and your friends ever pick at each other? It’s different that if a stranger said something, right?

Well, we are not strangers. I have been on the board probably longer than anyone here.

Reactions: cdbearde

At least folks like della don’t hide in the basement when they team gets beat. You have me on ignore because you are a pompous poor sport.

Yeah, I’m really posting this for the fans since your too sensitive to read my posts.

You're the one with no grasp of context. You might not like me agreeing with Lurker, but to make a comment on how it aged when it is 10 hrs old is just butt stupid. Use something appropriate if you just can't take a joke and have to.

The context was the whole point of the joke. Lurker saying one thing and me agreeing, but meaning something entirely different.

Regarding spouting off, I don't see any speed signs slowing you down, so why should I?
I'm stealing "butt stupid" too.

It really is that simple in alot of cases, esp when said teams are usually good.

i got into an argument as a kid with a friend who couldnt understand why i was a louisville fan. He was like a broken record, “we live in Kentucky, not Louisville” Finally i said actually we live in western kentucky so tell me again why u arent a hilltopper fan??? Bc UK is a blueblood and wku is a mid major 🤷‍♂️

but thats the thing, if nc state had the tradition of unc, theyd have a much bigger fanbase imo.
Like the pats, u couldnt fine a new england ptriot fan at a effin parade before brady/bill
I've always admired the courage it takes to root for UL.

Same!

200.gif

Reactions: JC for 3
Very nice of you. I consider you, @kyjeff1 , @CB3UK & @RipThru like UK’s guard dogs. Anytime someone gets too confident in their team’s abilities/record, I always wait . . . and I know you guys will be along soon to engage! jumpingsmile Quite the honor, and always entertaining!
I've been attempting to change that about myself on here. It’s not a good look for me, I'd rather just get along with everyone.

Sadly, I'm failing at my quest to be friendly to everyone on Rupp Rafters. I hate program and coach homerism and that place is drenched with both.

Just call a spade a spade, it can't always be someone elses fault.

If you see a grey F150 decked out in UK stuff with the driver ALSO decked out in UK stuff, that will most likely be my dad. He builds cabins in Pigeon Forge and he loves to torment UT fans.

Lets just say he keeps his head on a swivel around there.

I've been attempting to change that about myself on here. It’s not a good look for me, I'd rather just get along with everyone.

Sadly, I'm failing at my quest to be friendly to everyone on Rupp Rafters. I hate program and coach homerism and that place is drenched with both.

Just call a spade a spade, it can't always be someone elses fault.
Please don’t. I like differing opinions. To me, that’s one thing I enjoy about Rupp Rafters. There’s a lot of infighting to be sure, but it’s definitely not an echo chamber. It’s lively. You do a great job keeping people on their toes, especially KYBassfan.

If you see a grey F150 decked out in UK stuff with the driver ALSO decked out in UK stuff, that will most likely be my dad. He builds cabins in Pigeon Forge and he loves to torment UT fans.

Lets just say he keeps his head on a swivel around there.
Well then, I like your dad and more power to him! Any fan that is too sensitive to some ribbing shouldn’t follow sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT