ADVERTISEMENT

Who y'all got Horns or Hawgs

SheriffBufordTJustice

Aug 17, 2018
In the minds of the ignorant
Interesting game.

Arkansas is a young and inexperienced team. First time for a long time I can't say that about Texas.

But...

Texas looked like pigshit in their first game.
Can't turn the ball over against a Mike Anderson team.
Thinking Texas wins a close one because of depth.
Jaxson Hayes is a beast. Might start pushing Sims for minutes.
Thinking Texas is too athletic on the frontcourt

Horns up!!

? Is that what they say?
(I'm not gonna do that dorky hand thing tho)

Don't know who is officiating the game.
I think Arkansas would actually rather have Big XII officials because of their style.
The SEC has not allowed Arkansas to play physical in the backcourt.

But...
Supposedly Nolan Richardson gave the Piggy basketball team a history lesson of Texas/Arkansas so you expect the game to be heated.

Texas looked like pressed pig shit.

Osetkowski needs to get mad or get benched. Guy plays like he's 5'8.

Coleman was just off, hopefully he got that out of his system.

This is a bottom half big 12 team.

Reactions: KisteK
It’s been a rough start for the SEC. Still early, but a few surprises:
- UK losing by 34 to Duke
- Florida losing by 21 to FSU
- South Carolina losing to Stony Brook
- Texas A&M losing to UC Irvine
Don’t tell the SEC that. They’re really good this year. Just ask em.

I think the offense was out of sync.

There is potential for the offense to be above average and still have a great defense.

But there are way too many wasted shots. You don't shoot from the outside with a hand in your face.

With that it has been a long time since Texas has had a guard they can count on in crunch time.
Kerwin Roach has really stepped up his game.
Think that would have been a game they loss last year.

Texas also had a game under it's belt while this was piggies first.

It’s been a rough start for the SEC. Still early, but a few surprises:
- UK losing by 34 to Duke
- Florida losing by 21 to FSU
- South Carolina losing to Stony Brook
- Texas A&M losing to UC Irvine
How's the other conferences doing?

How's the other conferences doing?

- ACC: 21-0 (2-0 against P5 competition).
- Big 12: 11-3 (3-0 against P5 competition).
- B1g Ten: 17-1 (0-1 against P5 competition, but Ohio State did beat Cincinnati out of the Big East).
- Pac 12: 14-2 (0-1 against P5 competition. Washington lost to Auburn).
- SEC: 16-6 (1-4 against P5 competition).

Still too early to draw any real conclusions obviously. So far ACC has done what they’re supposed to do (beat up mid/low major competition).

The Big 12 have had some bad losses so far (Texas Southern beat Baylor, Buffalo beat Press Virginia, and Charlotte came back from 24 down in the second half to beat Oklahoma State at the buzzer).

Outside of Michigan State losing to Kansas, the B1G has done what they’re supposed to do.

Pac 12 hasn’t really done much. Yale beat California by 17 which is pretty ugly.

SEC has played the most P5 conference teams and hasn’t really fared that well. But again, it’s impossible to draw any real conclusions this early on. I won’t think less of the ACC when Pitt and Wake go on 5 game losing streaks to schools I’ve never heard of either. And I don’t think less of the SEC now. That said, it is fun to poke you guys a little bit about these early losses given how great we heard the SEC would be.

- B1g Ten: 17-1 (0-1 against P5 competition, but Ohio State did beat Cincinnati out of the Big East).

Still too early to draw any real conclusions obviously. So far ACC has done what they’re supposed to do (beat up mid/low major competition).

The Big 12 have had some bad losses so far (Texas Southern beat Baylor, Buffalo beat Press Virginia, and Charlotte came back from 24 down in the second half to beat Oklahoma State at the buzzer).

Outside of Michigan State losing to Kansas, the B1G has done what they’re supposed to do.

Pac 12 hasn’t really done much. Yale beat California by 17 which is pretty ugly.

SEC has played the most P5 conference teams and hasn’t really fared that well. But again, it’s impossible to draw any real conclusions this early on. I won’t think less of the ACC when Pitt and Wake go on 5 game losing streaks to schools I’ve never heard of either. And I don’t think less of the SEC now. That said, it is fun to poke you guys a little bit about these early losses given how great we heard the SEC would be.
Thanks for breaking it down. This should be a start of a pinned thread.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Does Shaka Smart know that the rules of basketball allow you to do things on O that are not ball screens? I think maybe someone should tell him that, because against Arkansas he seemed to feel it was illegal to do anything else.

Buffalo over WV isn't really much of an upset, if at all.

Remember...Buffalo busted Arizona's cheeks in the tournament last year, and is returning much of their roster.

Buffalo over WV isn't really much of an upset, if at all.

Remember...Buffalo busted Arizona's cheeks in the tournament last year, and is returning much of their roster.

Yeah, they’re pretty solid. Definitely could see them winning another tournament game. That said, beating Sean Miller in the NCAA tournament doesn’t necessarily prove anything.

Yeah, they’re pretty solid. Definitely could see them winning another tournament game. That said, beating Sean Miller in the NCAA tournament doesn’t necessarily prove anything.

You have a point. You can definitely make a case for both arguments.

Just saying if I'm WV...i'm not getting to twisted up over this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The Big XII is maybe not the best conference this year. Definitely not as great as last year but even with that I would much rather play in the ACC if I was a bubble team.

The bottom of the ACC is horrible again.
In the Big XII you have to play home and home with every school.
They will for sure get 6 teams in.
That is 12 games against NCAA tournament teams.

You can get by in the ACC if you only play once against the NCAA teams.

The Big XII is maybe not the best conference this year. Definitely not as great as last year but even with that I would much rather play in the ACC if I was a bubble team.

The bottom of the ACC is horrible again.
In the Big XII you have to play home and home with every school.
They will for sure get 6 teams in.
That is 12 games against NCAA tournament teams.

You can get by in the ACC if you only play once against the NCAA teams.

What happened to you? Texas lost on that 2 point conversion and you disappear from the WVU free board.....

I mean you are so hurt over that you didnt even show up to gloat at our loss to Buffalo.....

Damn.

What happened to you? Texas lost on that 2 point conversion and you disappear from the WVU free board.....

I mean you are so hurt over that you didnt even show up to gloat at our loss to Buffalo.....

Damn.

I already made my claim about WV

They will most likely not challenge Kansas or Kansas St.
Will finish anywhere from 3rd to 7th.

As of right now TCU is probably the only one in the second group that can realistically finish in the Top 2.
Texas and WV still have the potential.
Doubt Tech or Iowa St finishes in the Top 4.

Don't think anyone has fallen to the third group yet.
Baylor and both Oklahoma schools.

ADVERTISEMENT