ADVERTISEMENT

Who would’ve won the title this year?

Congrats I guess, that was a very impressive comeback against Florida.

My apologies, that’s where I got the 18 points I confused with the Tennessee game. Regardless based on ur own description of an OT win being a beat down, getting beat by 8 at home in regulation must register as a massacre in ur eyes.

As for winning the conference by 3 games, The SEC ended the year with two ranked teams, UK and Auburn. Not exactly a juggernaut conference slate, but the SEC rarely is.

I doubt many people outside the commonwealth would have had UK or UL winning their bracket but it’s a pretty pointless argument given how Covid ended the season right when it was about to get exciting.

But I mean dibs are dibs so you’ve got that going for you.

Last edited:
Congrats I guess, that was a very impressive comeback against Florida.

And I mean dibs are dibs.

I doubt many people outside the commonwealth would have had UK or UL winning their bracket but it’s a pretty pointless argument given how the season ended.
Well, if you noticed who was actually having this discussion, it was JC and 86, because they've missed each other and its been a long off season :)

Lol I couldn’t name a single player on your team aside from cash money Hagans.

….You must be trying to forget on purpose... probably advised by your therapist.

I'd want to forget too....

Tyrese Maxsey 27 pts, 7 boards
Nick Richards 13 pts, 10 boards
Immanuel Quickley- 18 pts, and held Nwora in check (8 pts., 3 turnovers)

...yeah, I'd try to 'forget' too.

….You must be trying to forget on purpose... probably advised by your therapist.

I'd want to forget too....

Tyrese Maxsey 27 pts, 7 boards
Nick Richards 13 pts, 10 boards
Immanuel Quickley- 18 pts, and held Nwora in check (8 pts., 3 turnovers)

...yeah, I'd try to 'forget' too.
Yep still don’t recognize except maxey. He’ll be only one drafted in first round.

Moral victories are fun lol. This was a hypothetical post season thread though. o_O

Well, if you noticed who was actually having this discussion, it was JC and 86, because they've missed each other and its been a long off season :)
I posted this thread though to really see who would’ve won, and even listed 10 teams that had a chance. I think UL and UK had a shot. I know you do too.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I posted this thread though to really see who would’ve won, and even listed 10 teams that had a chance. I think UL and UK had a shot. I know you do too.
Haha I'm just giving you two shit. No doubt they would each have had a chance. Its a good discussion to have, but I tried starting a thread about basketball the other day. Its very hard to talk basketball in the offseason on this board. Even with effort

Haha I'm just giving you two shit. No doubt they would each have had a chance. Its a good discussion to have, but I tried starting a thread about basketball the other day. Its very hard to talk basketball in the offseason on this board. Even with effort
I know I know, even JC said something about CNN in this thread lol. 2020 is horseshit.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Haha, good one. They haven't made a final four since we have.

Slight difference in the fact that they didn’t just make the FF they won the whole damn thing the last time either program got to a final four, instead of shitting the bed with arguably the most talented roster ever assembled.

But then again at least UK made the FF in 2015, which Duke couldn’t even pull off with zion/Barrett/reddish/Jones which is arguably the best recruiting class ever.

You watch your mouth about freedom hall. I inhaled plenty of second hand during any event that took place there. (Cards games, monster truck rally’s, the fair) pay your goddamn respects.

I've been to tractor pulls, horse shows, all kinds of bb games, and watched Ali-Frazier #1 on closed circuit in Freedom Hall. I like that place. Brings back a lot of memories of a lot of Sweet 16's that were played in there.

Reactions: UL_1986
Slight difference in the fact that they didn’t just make the FF they won the whole damn thing the last time either program got to a final four, instead of shitting the bed with arguably the most talented roster ever assembled.

But then again at least UK made the FF in 2015, which Duke couldn’t even pull off with zion/Barrett/reddish/Jones which is arguably the best recruiting class ever.

Remember when UL had the chance to have back to back titles vacated?

Those were good games.

Yea man that one stung especially bad bc the officials were absolutely atrocious. And add to that fact we might have overcome the zebras if Russ Smith wasnt equally atrocious from the FT line. Plus the fact we already beat the eventual champs, UConn 3 different times that season by a combined 80 something points iirc, including a 30 pt beat down in the conference tourney finals, ie the last game for either team before the ncaaT started.

At least Uconn kept UK from cutting down the nets though, about the only silver lining from that Tournament from a Louisville fans perspective.

That’s probly the most blatant hose job I’ve ever witnessed to a team I root for regarding the officials being so one sided, well that and the fail Mary as a Packers fan but the stakes for that one obviously weren’t nearly as high.

It still hurts in hindsight despite knowing that it would have been vacated, just bc going back to back is such a rare feat in college basketball.

Hiding behind a team you beat so bad has to really suck. Even to this day.

Yea I definitely felt like we were a better team than UConn that year despite the fact that they won it all. And It definitely does suck to see a team you throttled 3 different times win it all, no doubt about it. But it’s still infinitely better than seeing ur rival win it all. Especially when said rival ends your season via terrible officiating and equally terrible FT shooting. But the past is the past and all in all it don’t mean a thing if you don’t win the rings.

Last edited:
Not so sure I’m hiding behind them as much as I just felt like we were a better team than UConn that year despite the fact that they won it all. It does suck to see a team you throttled 3 different times win it all, no doubt about it. But it’s still infinitely better than seeing ur rival win it all.
It could have been UL without UK in the way.

It could have been UL without the god awful zebras in the way. Or maybe if the selection committee wouldn’t have dicked us with a 4 seed despite being ranked in the top 6 in both the polls. But alas that’s not how it played out.

UK could have two more titles if UConn wasn’t in the way. Hell UK could have 2 more titles on top of the two UConn won if calipari wasn’t in the way in 2010 and 2015.

Doesn't matter. It is pure conjecture. Which means ...
UVa remains the defending national champions for a second straight year!

Go Hoos!

I don’t know, but if a season ever had to be canceled I’m glad it was one when FSU and Kentucky very well could have won and Florida had no chance.

Reactions: Villian07
Imma say FSU. I really feel like our bball program had something stolen when the post season was cancelled. Our team was savage. Won the ACC regular season for the first time ever. If only we'd taken covid seriously, had a national strategy for testing, a response team, and not been lied to and told it was a hoax.

Reactions: UL_1986
Imma say FSU. I really feel like our bball program had something stolen when the post season was cancelled. Our team was savage. Won the ACC regular season for the first time ever. If only we'd taken covid seriously, had a national strategy for testing, a response team, and not been lied to and told it was a hoax.
Easily the best team we played this year. Florida State was legit.

Reactions: MoreEncore84
The more and more I think about it, I think Florida State would’ve won it this year. I don’t see anyone maybe outside of Kansas beating them. They had a great backcourt and their front court was good too. No one could match up with their size and shooting.

The more and more I think about it, I think Florida State would’ve won it this year. I don’t see anyone maybe outside of Kansas beating them. They had a great backcourt and their front court was good too. No one could match up with their size and shooting.
You're not just saying that because they wiped the floor with Louisville twice, right? Winking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT