ADVERTISEMENT

Who would’ve won the title this year?

North Carolina, obviously.

15174dd40b28a4c3bcb665d66d261b34

Rock Chalk...or I wouldn't have been too disappointed to see Dayton win it.

Two of the top 10 players in Dot and Dok, plus the best defender in the country in Garrett.

Kansas was probably the best, most complete team, but I didn’t really think anyone was scary.

You can’t convince me Kentucky wouldn’t have made a run though. Not getting NCAA tourney Tyrese Maxey still makes me the most sad.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The dance has always rewarded strong point guard play. MSU had one of the best with a good supporting cast and Izzo.

I would have loved their odds

Are you not smart enough to figure out the difference between losing to a great team in the final four and losing to multiple mid majors in the first couple of rounds?

How titles does he have compared to Self with all the top talent he pulls in every year?

How titles does he have compared to Self with all the top talent he pulls in every year?
Moving the goal posts. Choking against mid majors in the first rounds has nothing to do with number of titles. Cal has lost one time before the Sweet Sixteen at Kentucky. Self has lost six times.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’d say Gonzaga and KU had similar chances. Everybody else was a step behind.

10 teams that had a chance in no order:

Gonzaga, Kansas, FSU, Louisville, Kentucky, Duke, Baylor, Dayton, MSU, and Virginia.

I’d remove UVA (their offense would have failed them in at least one of the 6 games) and replace them with Nova. But overall that’s a darn solid list.

Reactions: UL_1986
I’d remove UVA (their offense would have failed them in at least one of the 6 games) and replace them with Nova. But overall that’s a darn solid list.
I was between them and Nova. Only reason I had UVA is they were starting to click offensively towards the end of the season, but you’re probably right.

ADVERTISEMENT