ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins the SEC?

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Tennessee, LSU, and Kentucky all with chances to still take home the regular season title. As of now:

Tennessee: 12 - 1
LSU: 11 - 2
Kentucky: 11 - 2

LSU with the tiebreaker over UK and UK with the tiebreaker over Tennessee.

Remaining schedules for each team:

Tennessee:
@ LSU
@ Ole Miss
vs UK
vs Miss State
@ Auburn

LSU:
vs UT
vs A&M
@ Bama
@ Florida
vs Vanderbilt

Kentucky:
vs Auburn
vs Arkansas
@ UT
@ Ole Miss
vs Florida

Gonna be a close one. As a UK fan I'm really rooting for Tennessee today.

Man. Good question. I could see a three way tie, which would go to LSU if they win today, right?

UK seems to have the easiest schedule left, Tennessee the hardest. But Tennessee also has the 1 game lead right now.

Man. Good question. I could see a three way tie, which would go to LSU if they win today, right?

UK seems to have the easiest schedule left, Tennessee the hardest. But Tennessee also has the 1 game lead right now.
I am not positive, but wouldn't a three way tie eliminate the head to head tie breaker and go to the team with the tougher conference schedule.

Kind of my feelings as well. If Tennessee wins today, UK controls its own destiny. I'm not exactly sure of the rules as far as ties go.

I'd have absolutely said Kentucky prior to Travis' injury. Now, not so sure. Don't think they can beat UT in Knoxville without him. His complete domination of Grant Williams was the key to the game at Rupp, IMO. Think LSU wins tonight and they probably win the SEC as a result.

I have no clue on the SEC’s rule.

Just for the hell of it. I looked it up.

Three-Team Tie (or more)

When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

http://www.secsports.com/article/11098238/tournament-tiebreakers

I’m rooting for whatever course of action that ensures that UVA and Kentucky are not both in the South region. The thought of playing Kentucky in Louisville does not appeal to me at all.

I’m rooting for whatever course of action that ensures that UVA and Kentucky are not both in the South region. The thought of playing Kentucky in Louisville does not appeal to me at all.
You don't want us in Louisville?? ;)

Edit: Just saw the other part of your post. That would be a really unfair draw for UVA

That’s why I want Kentucky to be a 1-seed (assuming we get one as well). It would be unfair to any 1-seed to have a 2-seed Kentucky in the South
Agreed. I honestly don't understand how Tennessee is still a one at this point and we aren't. Not even including the beat down we gave them, the schedules and number of quality wins aren't even close.

Reactions: jhmossy
Agreed. I honestly don't understand how Tennessee is still a one at this point and we aren't. Not even including the beat down we gave them, the schedules and number of quality wins aren't even close.

I personally agree. Quality of wins and SOS mean more to me than a few “bad” losses. Just keep winning and you’ll definitely be a 1 though.

Just for the hell of it. I looked it up.

Three-Team Tie (or more)

When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

http://www.secsports.com/article/11098238/tournament-tiebreakers

So if LSU wins today, sounds like it would be them.

Yeah, I agree with that about LSU. If they win, they should be set. If UT wins it will be interesting. I would probably go with UK as I think they can win out. UT can as well but they are going to have to play better than they have lately.

I'm really rooting for Tennessee today.
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10.gif

Reactions: JimboBBN
Yeah, I agree with that about LSU. If they win, they should be set. If UT wins it will be interesting. I would probably go with UK as I think they can win out. UT can as well but they are going to have to play better than they have lately.
I am interested to see how Tennessee responds when we play them again. Either they are going to back down after getting manhandled in the first game, or they are going to match UK's intensity from the first meeting. I think what we did in the first matchup will give us a lot of confidence when we play again. Not gonna lie, not having Travis would hurt us against them, though.

Does the SEC consider their regular season winner as the official champ?
Yup, I hate the SEC tournament. Its the most useless competition. Has no implications on seeding and the winner isn't the recognized winner. Fun fact, though. UK has more SEC tournament and regular season championships than all the other schools combined.

13 of the teams do.:D

I don’t know if I follow.

Just was curious because the official champion of the ACC is the ACC Tourney winner.

Just like the NBA, having the best record in the regular season earns you the 1 seed in the playoff. The playoff determines the league champ.

Tennessee going in dry today because LSU has no Waters

I am interested to see how Tennessee responds when we play them again. Either they are going to back down after getting manhandled in the first game, or they are going to match UK's intensity from the first meeting. I think what we did in the first matchup will give us a lot of confidence when we play again. Not gonna lie, not having Travis would hurt us against them, though.

I think a lot still depends on how the game is called. I think most fans here, outside of crazy, will recognize that Kentucky was allowed to be really physical in that matchup at Rupp and that probably won't happen in Knoxville. Now, UT could have manned up and matched them and they didn't so it isn't like it was biased, just called a certain way. However, I completely think it is in BW's head so IMO it will have to be the other guys who carry the game against Kentucky. Those other guys have mostly been slumping lately.

It will be a fun game for sure. I could see the same outcome though. I think UK matches up really well against UT.

Reactions: JimboBBN

Will be if you win in Knox. Sec schedule pretty much evens out since UT’s is tougher down the stretch

Will be if you win in Knox. Sec schedule pretty much evens out since UT’s is tougher down the stretch
It does, you're right. OOC still not very close I don't think. Plus the h2h as of right now. I'd think UK would be a one instead of them, but lots of ball left to play.

ADVERTISEMENT