ADVERTISEMENT

Who Wins the ACC?

Who will win the ACC Regular Season Title in 2021?

• Clemson

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Duke

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Florida State

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Louisville

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Virginia

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • Virginia Tech

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
I have to agree about Duke, they don't lack for talent. I just see no culture there right now. Duke used to ride into every gym, flex on defense, slap the floor, and rain it from 3. Now, I see a team that struggles to defend, gets outhustled consistently, and doesn't have a guy that you know is going to be the guy in crunch time. I've always respected K as someone who knows the game and can analyze his program, really surprising to see their situation from an outsider's point of view. I know the OAD recruiting contributed, but you should still be able to get something more out of all those McDonald's AA

Reactions: GE Nole
FSU looks good.

Clemson isn’t even keeping it close recently. How many annihilations is that in a row?

I’m not impressed with Louisville outside of Jones, granted I haven’t watched too many of their games.
We’re okay, decent at best. Jones is consistent, and DJ can be. If Withers and Sam Williamson could be as consistent with Malik coming back hopefully at 80-90% strength...we’ll be a decent tourney team. Notice I said consistent a lot, that’s our problem.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
FSU played two games this week and had 8 different guys score in double figures.

Starting SG Anthony Polite missed both games with injury.

K being K.

And yeah, he is getting old. I figure he retires when his grandson graduates. Next year we should have a top 5 team, on talent alone. This year we're gonna have to fight to make the tournament.

I thought it was funny last night when Alvarado checked Jay Huff in the paint, close to the free throw line.. Huff tried to back him down a little bit - and then he passed the ball when Alvarado stood his ground. How hard is it to shoot over someone 13 inches shorter than you?

K being K.

And yeah, he is getting old. I figure he retires when his grandson graduates. Next year we should have a top 5 team, on talent alone. This year we're gonna have to fight to make the tournament.

It’s far from the worst thing I’ve ever heard and doesn’t really register in the list of reasons you can dislike K. But honestly, he’s been coaching long enough to where I’d expect much better. There are a number of canned coach-speak responses out there that any coach with even a little bit of experience should be able to draw from. Talking down to a student reporter like that is a bit lowbrow.

I thought it was funny last night when Alvarado checked Jay Huff in the paint, close to the free throw line.. Huff tried to back him down a little bit - and then he passed the ball when Alvarado stood his ground. How hard is it to shoot over someone 13 inches shorter than you?
I have an unhealthy dislike of Clark. I know he made a big shot for them down the stretch, but when he drives to the basket I just get annoyed because of the number of fouls he draws. The officials yesterday didn't bite and he kept getting denied. I'll be interested to see what they do when he gets matched up on Barnes when we play

K being K.

I didn’t think it reached the level of “bullying” like some in the media made it out to be. But I thought it was a pretty piss-ant, dbag answer. Very Jim Boeheim-ish, and that’s not anyone you ever want to imitate.

The kid asked a legitimate question. It’s not very hard to answer with “we are gone watch film, get in the gym, and try to get better.”

This is all so much like Bobby when he got old. Just a shell of his former charming self.

We will see about next year. You should be a top 15 team based on talent alone this year, but it isn’t happening. My guess is UVA and FSU will continue to be the top of the ACC, especially since both schools are gonna have some legit talent of their own.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I have an unhealthy dislike of Clark. I know he made a big shot for them down the stretch, but when he drives to the basket I just get annoyed because of the number of fouls he draws. The officials yesterday didn't bite and he kept getting denied. I'll be interested to see what they do when he gets matched up on Barnes when we play

I really want to Hate uva bc they own us, but outside of Guys terrible haircut, and diaketes terrible hair dye they haven’t had a bunch of unlikable dudes imo. Justin Anderson and Deandre Hunter were two in particular that seemed very easy to like. Both great players who didn’t play selfish or do excessive look at me type stuff like flexing or chest beating every play. I’m sure they got fired up and did it before but some kids will do it in a game their down 30 in smdh. Not on their level but always liked me some jack salt as well lol.

Coming from a bald man, if u have hair don’t waste it. Leave the peroxide in middle school where it belongs and just don’t have a man bun. And don’t have a Dre Davis or a bj Boston/Harley Quinn haircut either. Davis is a frosh for Louisville if your not familiar, hardly a household name. I’m trying to think of someone famous with a similar cut but can’t. He’s got almost dreadlock level corn rows up top but straight shaves it up the sides. Like a frohawk made into mini dreads/fat corn rows. That will be all of my hair shaming of 18-19 year old children for the day.

I really want to Hate uva bc they own us, but outside of Guys terrible haircut, and diaketes terrible hair dye they haven’t had a bunch of unlikable dudes imo. Justin Anderson and Deandre Hunter were two in particular that seemed very easy to like. Both great players who didn’t play selfish or do excessive look at me type stuff like flexing or chest beating every play. I’m sure they got fired up and did it before but some kids will do it in a game their down 30 in smdh. Not on their level but always liked me some jack salt as well lol.

Coming from a bald man, if u have hair don’t waste it. Leave the peroxide in middle school where it belongs and just don’t have a man bun. And don’t have a Dre Davis or a bj Boston/Harley Quinn haircut either. Davis is a frosh for Louisville if your not familiar, hardly a household name. I’m trying to think of someone famous with a similar cut but can’t. He’s got almost dreadlock level corn rows up top but straight shaves it up the sides. Like a frohawk made into mini dreads/fat corn rows. That will be all of my hair shaming of 18-19 year old children for the day.

Speaking of hair. Yesterday I was looking in on UNC-NCST. No disrespect meant, but I couldn’t help but chuckle a bit watching Bacot and one of NCST’s guys guarding each other. All I could think of was the cartoon “The Grinch” and felt like I was watching 2 Who’s from Whoville.😂

Would UVA even bother with that matchup? Giving up a foot is not ideal.

I didn’t think it reached the level of “bullying” like some in the media made it out to be. But I thought it was a pretty piss-ant, dbag answer. Very Jim Boeheim-ish, and that’s not anyone you ever want to imitate.

The kid asked a legitimate question. It’s not very hard to answer with “we are gone watch film, get in the gym, and try to get better.”

This is all so much like Bobby when he got old. Just a shell of his former charming self.

We will see about next year. You should be a top 15 team based on talent alone this year, but it isn’t happening. My guess is UVA and FSU will continue to be the top of the ACC, especially since both schools are gonna have some legit talent of their own.

Haha yeah, he's old and cranky. Gbinije said that Boeheim doesn't yell as much as K, but he scares him more.

Top 15 talent? Possibly. At least with Jalen Johnson and Hurt we should be somewhere in the top 25 this year. More continuity should help. Though Johnson was the only ultra-talented freshman. And we didn't return a whole lot. So, I can see where we'd slip a bit, especially with less practice time.

On a national level, 5 star freshmen aren't as impactful as many suppose. If you take the top 10 freshmen from the first 3 college basketball drafts, only 15 of the 30 even made an all-conference team. And not all hs classes are the same. If we return Steward, Roach, Moore, and Brakefield - and bring in Paolo, Griffin, and Baldwin, that would be an insanely hard team to stop in 2022.

Haha yeah, he's old and cranky. Gbinije said that Boeheim doesn't yell as much as K, but he scares him more.

Top 15 talent? Possibly. At least with Jalen Johnson and Hurt we should be somewhere in the top 25 this year. More continuity should help. Though Johnson was the only ultra-talented freshman. And we didn't return a whole lot. So, I can see where we'd slip a bit, especially with less practice time.

On a national level, 5 star freshmen aren't as impactful as many suppose. If you take the top 10 freshmen from the first 3 college basketball drafts, only 15 of the 30 even made an all-conference team. And not all hs classes are the same. If we return Steward, Roach, Moore, and Brakefield - and bring in Paolo, Griffin, and Baldwin, that would be an insanely hard team to stop in 2022.

How many top 50 recruits? How many top 100 recruits?

I understand that experience and development makes a big difference. But what you say “talent” that’s not talking experience. That’s talking about talent. FSU has 3 top 100 recruits. Scottie, MJ, and Balsa. Then a bunch of three stars.

There aren’t 12 teams with more top blue chip recruits than Duke.

Talented enough to warrant that #9 preseason ranking in the AP. One slot ahead of UK.

Well if they don’t put him on him then the next shortest player on the floor will be at minimum 6 ft 5, because we don’t normally play Barnes and Evans at the same time. And evans is 6 ft 4

Well if they don’t put him on him then the next shortest player on the floor will be at minimum 6 ft 5, because we don’t normally play Barnes and Evans at the same time. And evans is 6 ft 4

Yeah, I’m not exactly sure who Clark will defend? Walker? He’s a 6’5 strong safety. Gray? Haha good luck. Polite? Also 6’5/6’6.

Yeah, I’m not exactly sure who Clark will defend? Walker? He’s a 6’5 strong safety. Gray? Haha good luck. Polite? Also 6’5/6’6.
It’s one of the reasons I feel pretty confident heading into the game. I’d post his man and force the double, then find the open shooter. It’s easy money until they substitute him out

It’s one of the reasons I feel pretty confident heading into the game. I’d post his man and force the double, then find the open shooter. It’s easy money until they substitute him out

Or he’s so small our big guards can’t find him. He 😳

You're probably right. Barnes isn't an overly effective shooter, so if you're going to shoot over the top of somebody, might as well stick Clark on someone who isn't consistent with his jumpers. Walker would torch Clark.

Seems my team is the soup de jour with 41% of the vote. Not buying it yet. Still over half the ACC schedule to go and there will be ups and downs. Nobody in the ACC is going undefeated from this point IMO. The drastic turnarounds for better and for the worse have been astounding.

At this point idk how anyone could choose someone other than uva or FSU

Yeah, that looks to be the case. I thought we would play well tonight and we did. I figured Coach Bennett would have the guys' attention after we trotted out our "D" game against Georgia Tech on Saturday.

The ACC hasn't been all that strong the last 2 years but that's 15 straight conference wins for us, eight in a row to end last year and seven straight to start this year.

We go to VPI on Saturday for a rivalry game. A win in Blacksburg would make for a pretty good day as we're supposed to get a commitment from the top 2022 prospect on our board that day as well.

UVA looked strong vs Cuse. Came out fast and just never let them get in it. They can shoot the rock.

Yeah, that looks to be the case. I thought we would play well tonight and we did. I figured Coach Bennett would have the guys' attention after we trotted out our "D" game against Georgia Tech on Saturday.

The ACC hasn't been all that strong the last 2 years but that's 15 straight conference wins for us, eight in a row to end last year and seven straight to start this year.

We go to VPI on Saturday for a rivalry game. A win in Blacksburg would make for a pretty good day as we're supposed to get a commitment from the top 2022 prospect on our board that day as well.

15 straight wins in conference is really impressive.

Uva beating the shot out of Cuse is like a yearly holiday though, it always seems to play out the same. Actually won a little $$$ of that friendly -7. Bout as much of a no doubter as chiefs -3. Gamblers need a gift or two after this clusterfudge of a year.

much like uva beats Louisville every year regardless, usually twice.

Uva beating the shot out of Cuse is like a yearly holiday though, it always seems to play out the same. Actually won a little $$$ of that friendly -7. Bout as much of a no doubter as chiefs -3. Gamblers need a gift or two after this clusterfudge of a year.

much like uva beats Louisville every year regardless, usually twice.

Yeah, UVA struggles against teams that can bully them and speed them up a little. Not some team they can surgically pick apart.

Yea UVAs yearly annihilation of Cuse makes me lose respect for Boeheim. Like how stubborn do you have to be to stay in that zone year after year even against a team who has obviously got it figured out.

Pitino got to where we would dominate Syracuse annually as well after a few years of back and forth series. And fwiw Pitinos matchup zone >>> Boeheims zone.

Boeheim is good for a conference boosting final four run every so often though, those are usually unexpected and lots of fun. Hell watching McNamara buzzer beat his way through the big East tourney was about as much fun watching a non Louisville team as I’ve ever had. Watching kemba win the BEast and ncaaT by himself was pretty fun from afar as well.

That UVA/Cuse game went by so quick. There wasn't a made free throw until about 12 minutes left in the game lol.

Gray and Osborne both had double-doubles. I think Calhoun is about to turn some heads. He’s hit double digit scoring the last 2-3 games. Ham says he’s the best athlete he’s ever had. 6-6 220 and he’s faster than anyone on the other team. Anyone!

Come on UL, bury Clem!!!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Gray and Osborne both had double-doubles. I think Calhoun is about to turn some heads. He’s hit double digit scoring the last 2-3 games. Ham says he’s the best athlete he’s ever had. 6-6 220 and he’s faster than anyone on the other team. Anyone!

Come on UL, bury Clem!!!

When I saw Calhoun up close and personal at a shootaround in the offseason...my word. Westbrook type of bounce, but with a 3 point stroke that is pure.

I know he got nervous and blew the showtime dunk tonight, but I’ve seen him throw down some NBA Dunk Contest level slams. When he starts to figure out the defensive side of the ball (still has a lot of JUCO in him), he’s a first round pick.

When I saw Calhoun up close and personal at a shootaround in the offseason...my word. Westbrook type of bounce, but with a 3 point stroke that is pure.

I know he got nervous and blew the showtime dunk tonight, but I’ve seen him throw down some NBA Dunk Contest level slams. When he starts to figure out the defensive side of the ball (still has a lot of JUCO in him), he’s a first round pick.

MJ said he’s going to give him some smack about missing that in his post-game interview. MJ said about Calhoun, “He does crazy things like that.” Lol

ADVERTISEMENT