ADVERTISEMENT

Who Wins the ACC?

Who will win the ACC Regular Season Title in 2021?

• Clemson

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Duke

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Florida State

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Louisville

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Virginia

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • Virginia Tech

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
Trick question. Answer is "who f-ing cares?"

Seriously, I was looking at the bracket and there isn't a single game worth watching till a potential FSU vs UVA final. Amazing how far the ACC has fallen in a couple years.

FSU/UL in the quarters and FSU/UNC in the semis would both be good games if they happened. Nice stylistic mixes and also lots of bouncy, long athletes.

Not to get off topic but is Syracuse down or is this just the program Syracuse has moving forward?

I guess it's a debate for sure. They reached the S16 or beyond 5 of 10 last decade. 2 F4s, 1E8... yeah I looked it up of course and not sure I see it correctly but that's what I saw.

Will they back that up this decade? Seems they are trending to a no, but I can't dismiss them as a program because when they get it going they are tough.

Reactions: duckboy33
Not to get off topic but is Syracuse down or is this just the program Syracuse has moving forward?

I mean, who would want to spend the winter in Syracuse? It's depressing just thinking about it.

Duke recruited David Lee pretty hard about 20 years ago. Shortly after his commitment, he said something along the lines of, "Duke showed me the library - and Florida showed me a bunch of coeds in bikinis." I can only imagine how much harder it is for Syracuse to recruit top 50 kids in the cold, bitter months. I expect more of the same from Syracuse, tbh.

Still can't believe UVA choked that Elite 8 game vs. Syracuse in 2016. Probably why Boeheim is still the coach though and Syracuse is perennially on the bubble. You win some, you lose some.

The ACC tournament is in Greensboro and according to Boeheim it shouldn’t be held there. I just wonder where Syracuse would of been playing if the ACC didn’t extend a invitation.

The ACC tournament is in Greensboro and according to Boeheim it shouldn’t be held there. I just wonder where Syracuse would of been playing if the ACC didn’t extend a invitation.

they'd be where they should be, the BigEast. Playing against their historic rivals instead of traveling a lot further to play the Clemsons and FSU's of the world.

they'd be where they should be, the BigEast. Playing against their historic rivals instead of traveling a lot further to play the Clemsons and FSU's of the world.

And they’d be just as bad as Georgetown is.

Syracuse in the Big East would force their football team to independent status, much like UConn. Unless you're Notre Dame, maintaining independence in football is a horrible intermediate or long term plan. And as we all know, football drives the athletic department. Syracuse is in a funky situation. Yes, you want to ideally be in geographic proximity - in a conference where you have a shared history with rivals, as well as similar sized schools and markets. But, there aren't really too many options like that in the northeast. Cuse may not like the ACC, but it's better than the alternative.

not sure why you say that, but ok.

Its not like there aren't successful programs in the BigEast.

The really successful Big East programs have great coaches. No different than any other league. Villanova and Creighton are examples.

Syracuse doesn’t currently have a great staff.

Moses Wright named ACC Player of the Year. Incredible. Dude was completely overlooked as a high school recruit. His first year at GT, he looked anything but promising. He was playing on the same level as fellow freshman, Evan Cole. Dude is a machine now - his presence is definitely felt.

If you take out the first two games of the regular season where GT lost to Georgia State and Mercer, then they'd be a top 25 team. No question. I think they have Sweet 16 potential.

Moses Wright named ACC Player of the Year. Incredible. Dude was completely overlooked as a high school recruit. His first year at GT, he looked anything but promising. He was playing on the same level as fellow freshman, Evan Cole. Dude is a machine now - his presence is definitely felt.

If you take out the first two games of the regular season where GT lost to Georgia State and Mercer, then they'd be a top 25 team. No question. I think they have Sweet 16 potential.

Yeah I think they can actually win the ACCT.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yeah I think they can actually win the ACCT.

They're a contender, no question. Here are the odds, according to TeamRankings. FSU, UVA, GT, UNC, in that order, sounds about right.

SeedTeamR2QuarterSemiChampWin
2Florida St100.00%100.00%65.12%42.28%25.68%
1Virginia100.00%100.00%67.27%42.46%23.33%
4GA Tech100.00%100.00%55.20%24.13%10.50%
6N Carolina100.00%70.20%39.57%17.58%8.89%
3VA Tech100.00%100.00%48.81%18.85%8.47%
5Clemson100.00%69.63%34.96%15.41%6.77%
7Louisville100.00%53.67%18.76%9.51%4.43%
10Duke81.62%42.48%15.65%8.21%3.96%
8Syracuse100.00%53.81%18.42%8.83%3.53%
9NC State100.00%46.19%14.31%6.37%2.35%
11Notre Dame76.15%26.42%10.97%3.38%1.24%
12Pittsburgh65.28%22.71%8.10%2.48%0.76%
13Miami (FL)34.72%7.66%1.75%0.34%0.06%
15Boston Col18.38%3.85%0.47%0.11%0.02%
14Wake Forest23.85%3.38%0.65%0.08%0.01%

Reactions: duckboy33
Duke needs to win the ACC tournament to make it to the March madness, they are definitely more incentivized to win these games than the other teams who are locked for at large bids and trying to avoid injuries.

Duke needs to win the ACC tournament to make it to the March madness, they are definitely more incentivized to win these games than the other teams who are locked for at large bids and trying to avoid injuries.

That must have been why BC was missing so many players yesterday.

Duke defeated BC by 35 today. Watch out folks, we got the ACC right where we want them!

It wouldn't be that much of a long shot if they didn't have to play 5 games in 5 days. That's going to make it tough. However, this is the year to do it. There are no dominant ACC teams. Duke can match up with anyone.

Reactions: dukedevilz
With that loss, NC State has extended their streak of double digit loss seasons. Their last single digit loss season was under the late, great, Jimmy V in 1988-1989.

Reactions: sgrooms
With that loss, NC State has extended their streak of double digit loss seasons. Their last single digit loss season was under the late, great, Jimmy V in 1988-1989.

I would have never guessed that. Pretty remarkable really. I would have thought they had few seasons under Sendek that they would have had single digit losses. I know he was a pretty mediocre coach, but did have some success and recruited well.

Weird decision, for sure. Never heard of the guy. Looks like he's been in South Carolina his whole life, so he should have lots of contacts in ACC country. But seriously, why? Looks like another BC coach that will be out in 3-4 years.

Reactions: jhmossy
Did BC even interview Mark Schmidt, the current head coach at St. Bonaventure? He played at BC in the early 80's. Seems like he would have been a much more sensible hire.

ADVERTISEMENT