ADVERTISEMENT

Who will win the National Championship?

Who will win the 2022 National Championship?

• Total voters
The competition is worse than not great lol. It's downright dire. Pittsburgh is one of the worst P5 teams in the country. It's just hard for me to say how much is Duke and how much is the competition being potatoes. I agree it seems they are peaking but at the same point, they haven't played a good team in months. Feel like every other top team has good conference opponents this year.
Right. But Duke has looked pretty bad vs bad teams for most of the year. Two 25pt + road wins in a row isn't something that I would have guessed happening last month. Not trying to build them up as a powerhouse, just saying that they actually look like a good team compared to where they were. Regardless of competition.

My alma mater, thank you very much. Won back-to-back nattys in baseball when I was a student.

It was really nice of you guys to beat North Carolina in back-to-back years.

That Elite 8 run last year was pretty cool, though. Crazy how they had that success after Tres Tinkle graduated.

That Elite 8 run last year was pretty cool, though. Crazy how they had that success after Tres Tinkle graduated.
You're welcome. 😆 Yeah, you always expect the coach's son to be a baller (or at least have a good understanding of the game). Tinkle was outstanding. Was a crazy run last year, nobody saw that coming.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Are people still counting last year as a normal year? Rona threw all that out the door. Bad teams were good, good teams were bad. Props to Oregon State for taking advantage of the mess at the time.

Right. But Duke has looked pretty bad vs bad teams for most of the year. Two 25pt + road wins in a row isn't something that I would have guessed happening last month. Not trying to build them up as a powerhouse, just saying that they actually look like a good team compared to where they were. Regardless of competition.

Fair enough. Really rooting for K to go out in perfect K style, losing to a 15 seed 😉

The NCAA needs their cash cows to advance. Ain't nobody making any money off UCF.
Oh I get it. Going to be even worse this year. Coach K’s last season. Duke is going to get every call possible. Coach K is just a s dirty as any other basketball coach but he is the media darling. It’s disgusting honestly

Watch the duke verses ucf game from the 2018 tourney. I expect a few teams to get that UCF treatment. Terribly officiated game
No. How will it be fixed? The game you were talking about had many calls/no calls that hurt Duke. Only haters saw that as a scheme to help Duke. And they didn't even make it to the FF that year, did they? I want to know what kind of fix is in to get Duke a championship that wouldn't involve other teams folding, refs that aren't even assigned to be in on it and shots to fall for Duke that wouldn't have without it being rigged. On top of the committee being involved. This is just something dumbasses say ahead of time to discredit Duke in the event that they do win the championship.

No. How will it be fixed? The game you were talking about had many calls/no calls that hurt Duke. Only haters saw that as a scheme to help Duke. And they didn't even make it to the FF that year, did they? I want to know what kind of fix is in to get Duke a championship that wouldn't involve other teams folding, refs that aren't even assigned to be in on it and shots to fall for Duke that wouldn't have without it being rigged. On top of the committee being involved. This is just something dumbasses say ahead of time to discredit Duke in the event that they do win the championship.
Dude you can stay in denial all you want but we all know duke is about to get some nice help from the Officials this coming tourney. Got to have that story book ending for the ncaa. Feel bad for the teams in duke’s bracket. Continue to deny. I will laugh at you

Are people still counting last year as a normal year? Rona threw all that out the door. Bad teams were good, good teams were bad. Props to Oregon State for taking advantage of the mess at the time.
Bc….my team sucked.

had uk won it all you would be touting the kids for winning the ship despite going through more with the pandemic than any other team ever

Got one at least

giphy.gif

Reactions: GhostOf301
Honestly what scares me about Zona- can't name the last time a first year head coach won the natty- but streaks are meant to be broken..

Kevin Ollie 2014. Tubby Smith 1998. Steve Fisher…89?

Tubby and Ollie had something pretty significant in common however. They both took over rosters with a bunch of guys that already had rings and knew how to get it done.

Those 3 are not just the only first year coaches to win it, but they’re the only coaches that didn’t have at least an E8 run already under their belts that have won it during that time.

So basically, barring inheriting a roster that has already won a title, you have to have at least been to the E8 as a head coach.

Edit: i forgot tubby was not a first year head coach. just first year at kentucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noahtogo24
Kevin Ollie 2014. Tubby Smith 1998. Steve Fisher…89?

Tubby and Ollie had something pretty significant in common however. They both took over rosters with a bunch of guys that already had rings and knew how to get it done.

Those 3 are not just the only first year coaches to win it, but they’re the only coaches that didn’t have at least an E8 run already under their belts that have won it during that time.

So basically, barring inheriting a roster that has already won a title, you have to have at least been to the E8 as a head coach.

Edit: i forgot tubby was not a first year head coach. just first year at kentucky.
My fault - should have been clearer - Tubby Smith was head coach at Georgia before UK, and Ollie’s first year was at Uconn in 13 I believe ? Think this is the first time Lloyd has ever been a division 1 head coach .

ADVERTISEMENT