ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the National POY?

Who will be the 2021-22 National Player of the Year?

• Paolo Banchero, Duke

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ochai Agbaji, Kansas

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • EJ Liddell, Ohio State

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kofi Cockburn, Illinois

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Keegan Murray, Iowa

• Johnny Davis, Wisconsin

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jabari Smith, Auburn

• Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters
Cockburn and Tshiebwe's numbers are ridiculous. And to think, they could've been on the same team. I would have played them both at the same damn time, too. Yeah, there would be some match-up problems on defense, but they would own the paint and nobody else on the court would ever sniff a rebound.
Oscar didn’t want to sit behind Kofi.

Its why he didn’t come to Illinois the first time around, and the second time…

Oscar didn’t want to sit behind Kofi.

Its why he didn’t come to Illinois the first time around, and the second time…
I am talking about Kofi to UK, not Oscar to Illinois. Sounds like Kofi would've been at UK after he entered the transfer portal if they wanted him. Oscar was never going to Illinois regardless of who was or wasn't there. He always wanted UK and the only reason he went to WVU before that was because of his handlers/host family.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Oh, they talk about him a lot? Well, there you have it. No Duke player but Zion has ever been talked about in the last 15 years.

Duke has had at least one player with the same or better numbers (and usually a much higher FG%) almost every season going back decades.

Don't get so uptight when people disagree with your dumb takes, lil guy. It's not like it's a new phenomenon for you.
Might wanna take your own advice champ. You’ve never been good at this.

I am talking about Kofi to UK, not Oscar to Illinois. Sounds like he would've been there if UK wanted him to be. Oscar was never going to Illinois. He always wanted UK and the only reason he went to WVU before that was because of his handlers.
Kofi was never going to UK as well. He used Kentucky as a name on his list to get more viewers/clicks to boost his NIL numbers coming into the year.

Kofi was never going to UK as well. He used Kentucky as a name on his list to get more viewers/clicks to boost his NIL numbers coming into the year.
Riiiight. He entered the transfer portal for shits and giggles. Never really had any intention of leaving. You're saying he had to threaten to leave to get decent NIL deals? If so, LOL.

Riiiight. He entered the transfer portal for shits and giggles. Never really had any intention of leaving. You're saying he had to threaten to leave to get decent NIL deals? If so, LOL.
He used the transfer portal as leverage to make sure Illinois was going to help him make as much as possible from NIL.

Lol at still thinking he even entertained the idea of was playing 20/20 splits with Oscar.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
He used the transfer portal as leverage to make sure Illinois was going to help him make as much as possible from NIL.

Lol at still thinking he even entertained the idea of was playing 20/20 splits with Oscar.
Imagine an All-American player having to threaten leaving the program just to get what he deserves. Is that the kind of support basketball players get at Illinois? How pathetic. No wonder he wanted to come to Kentucky.

Armando Bacot has numbers that rival the big men on this list. He actually has a higher FG% than them all while averaging 16.6 points and 11 boards a game. Stats that are definitely comparable to Bachero in terms of an in conference option. I think he is worthy if you are going to include some of the names here.
Yeah, FG% is one I always see mentioned for this award. 😂😂😂👍👍

Such as yourself. Sorry you feel attacked. Hope you recover baby girl.
iu

Always fun triggering you and watching you embarrass yourself. 🤣

Imagine an All-American player having to threaten leaving the program just to get what he deserves. Is that the kind of support basketball players get at Illinois? How pathetic. No wonder he wanted to come to Kentucky.
Lol at thinking kids are coming to Lexington, KY for anything other than $ and future earnings.

Kofi did what anyone with a brain would do. Maximize your money while you can

Btw Kofi > Oscar

iu

Always fun triggering you and watching you embarrass yourself. 🤣
Yes, so triggered. Can’t contain it…lol. Steve Harvey gif too. Oh boy. Try to stay on topic and not let your feelings get in the way.

Lol at thinking kids are coming to Lexington, KY for anything other than $ and future earnings.

Lol at your lack of reading comprehension. That's exactly what I was talking about.

But also lol at thinking kids are coming to Champaign for anything other than.... wait, why are kids coming to Champaign? Other than a blip on the radar in 2005 (when they still didn't win anything) they've never accomplished anything. 😆

Yeah, FG% is one I always see mentioned for this award. 😂😂😂👍👍

Regardless, right now Bacot is probably ACCPOY. His ACC averages are pretty incredible. It is early though. Paulo is a great player and will continue to put up great numbers.

Lol at your lack of reading comprehension. That's exactly what I was talking about.

But also lol at thinking kids are coming to Champaign for anything other than.... wait, why are kids coming to Champaign?

Other than a blip on the radar in 2005 they've never accomplished anything. When your biggest accomplishment is still a failure... 😆
So you are agreeing with me that it was all about money?

Lol at still being upset about getting outbid. Bet you are still fantasizing about getting Lively and Bona too.

So you are agreeing with me that it was all about money?

Lol at still being upset about getting outbid. Bet you are still fantasizing about getting Lively and Bona too.
Upset? Hmmmmm, I think you are confused. Bet you are still fantasizing about meeting up with @brooky03 and the gang at a mostly peaceful BLM protest and stroking each other off.

• Haha
Upset? Hmmmmm, I think you are confused. Bet you are still fantasizing about meeting up with @brooky03 and the gang at a mostly peaceful BLM protest and stroking each other off.
Let’s keep the political posts in one thread, bud.

It’s okay you got the lesser of the two players, just remember you can always reminisce about your rich tradition for now.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Let’s keep the political posts in one thread, bud.

It’s okay you got the lesser of the two players, just remember you can always reminisce about your rich tradition for now.
For now? Until Illinois takes over? 😆 😆 😆 Thanks for Antigua and Chin though. It's nice to know UK can pillage the Illinois program whenever they want.

For now? Until Illinois takes over? 😆 😆 😆 Thanks for Antigua and Chin though. It's nice to know UK can pillage the Illinois program whenever they want.
Antigua couldn’t stay at Illinois due to “other” reasons lol. Chin sucks, but we got our use out of him. He’ll be an easy scapegoat for Cal soon enough

Regardless, right now Bacot is probably ACCPOY. His ACC averages are pretty incredible. It is early though. Paulo is a great player and will continue to put up great numbers.
After how many games?

I am talking about Kofi to UK, not Oscar to Illinois. Sounds like Kofi would've been at UK after he entered the transfer portal if they wanted him. Oscar was never going to Illinois regardless of who was or wasn't there. He always wanted UK and the only reason he went to WVU before that was because of his handlers/host family.
When will this bizarre myth die? Like, it’s not like UK fans need anything else to justify their pride and ego. Kofi was never going anywhere. N. I. L. Money. That’s all.

Was Davis that hyped by UW fans and I’ve been sleepin’, or has he been as surprising?? He is such a beast that your Ben Afleks can just chill. ;)
We figured he’d take a jump just not this big. I was thinking he’d be around 4 years. 7ppg to 12 to 15 to 20 his senior year. I’m guessing he’ll end up around 18-20ppg this year if he stays healthy but wouldn’t be surprised to see him stay above 20. He’s got the green light/capability. Wahl is the one currently making a jump. His confidence is sky rocketing.

I call them as I see it. Clown. And when we keep winning you’ll still be a clown. For a fan of a team that has been irrelevant since 2005 you sure run your mouth a lot.
Your feelings are hurt because I don’t respect your team. That’s cute. Get worked up some more.

When will this bizarre myth die? Like, it’s not like UK fans need anything else to justify their pride and ego. Kofi was never going anywhere. N. I. L. Money. That’s all.
You don't need to enter the transfer portal to get NIL money and if that was his ploy to make Illinois and their supporters step up to the plate that's pretty damn sad. From what I have read he was interested in UK but the interest was not mutual with Calipari (who Cockburn never even spoke with). Maybe Kofi was interested in following Antigua/Coleman to UK, who knows? I don't think that is too far-fetched. Wasn't he close with Antigua and was Antigua not the lead recruiter that brought him to Illinois to begin with? Either way, the only parties that really know what went down don't include any of us, I do know that. Obviously Calipari already had Tshiebwe and at that point he was all in on Jalen Duren, who ended up at Memphis along with Emoni Bates and nobody has heard anything about them all season because Penny has already ruined them. 😆

Your feelings are hurt because I don’t respect your team. That’s cute. Get worked up some more.
Feelings? I’m not a lib. Couldn’t care less about feelings. Your trash team struggled with Michigan at home. Loyola.

Last edited:
You don't need to enter the transfer portal to get NIL money and if that was his ploy to make Illinois and their supporters step up to the plate that's pretty damn sad. From what I have read he was interested in UK but the interest was not mutual with Calipari (who Cockburn never even spoke with). Maybe Kofi was interested in following Antigua/Coleman to UK, who knows? I don't think that is too far-fetched. Wasn't he close with Antigua and was Antigua not the lead recruiter that brought him to Illinois to begin with? Either way, the only parties that really know what went down don't include any of us, I do know that. Obviously Calipari already had Tshiebwe and at that point he was all in on Jalen Duren, who ended up at Memphis along with Emoni Bates and nobody has heard anything about them all season because Penny has already ruined them. 😆
Yes, neither of us know. However, I think it’s a lot more likely that Kofi wanted to stay at the school he originally chose rather than Cal having the prerogative to “not want” a literal NPOY front runner, especially when the two teams were equally hyped/ranked going into this season and Illinois was better last year.

Yes, neither of us know. However, I think it’s a lot more likely that Kofi wanted to stay at the school he originally chose rather than Cal having the prerogative to “not want” a literal NPOY front runner, especially when the two teams were equally hyped/ranked going into this season and Illinois was better last year.
I'm just the messenger.

JD King - Duke Basketball Report: "Recruiting can be a funny business. A few weeks ago, Kofi Cockburn seemed clearly open to transferring to Kentucky but according to multiple reports, John Calipari turned him down."

Feelings? I’m not a lib. Couldn’t care less about feelings. Your trash team struggled with Michigan at home. Loyola.
🤣 first place. Wisconsin Paper tigers.

We still roll teams by 15 when we struggle. Not like one or two possession games against Nicholls State or Illinois St. 11th luckiest team in NCAA. Paper tigers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT