ADVERTISEMENT

Who is your favorite disappointing team

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
What I mean by that, it could be multiple examples. I will give 2

2010 Kansas
#1 overall seed, only lost 2 games before the tourney. I loved collins, aldrich, henry . So fun. But they lost to UNI in round of 32

Another exampled. This team just post season disappointing

2015 Kansas

It was fun watching a young Wayne Selden, Devonte Graham and Kelly Oubre play together. They won the B12 in a down year for the B12 thank God. This team lost by 32 to the dominant UK team in the champions classic, and lost in round 2 as a 2 seed to wichita state.

So which teams of your favorite team disappointed you but you couldn't help but love them.

2010 Syracuse. Best team that year. Lost by one possession to Butler with Onuaku out.

2015-2016 MSU. With everyone healthy that team was rolling. Denzel was just so fun to watch. After January 20th MSU lost 1 single game leading up to March Madness, at a damn good Purdue team in OT by 1 (who we beat to secure the Big Ten Tournament). It was the best offensive team I can remember at MSU.

Then MTSU just went fvcking crazy on us. I was so beyond confident going into the game. They shot nearly 60% from 3. Just wasn’t our day.

2015-2016 MSU. With everyone healthy that team was rolling. Denzel was just so fun to watch. After January 20th MSU lost 1 single game leading up to March Madness, at a damn good Purdue team in OT by 1 (who we beat to secure the Big Ten Tournament). It was the best offensive team I can remember at MSU.

Then MTSU just went fvcking crazy on us. I was so beyond confident going into the game. They shot nearly 60% from 3. Just wasn’t our day.
I loved that MSU team. Had em in the FF.

Reactions: MGC_07
Wasn't a big fan of that 2015 team. Especially after they were bounced by Wichita St.

To be honest, 2010 wasn't a favorite either. Outside of flashes, I always felt a little underwhelmed by them. Great individual pieces, but I don't think the chemistry was ever quite there, and they didn't seem to care as much as some other KU teams.

2016 seemed like a storybook year that ended too early. Still the only time to date that I've largely blamed the outcome of a tourney game on officiating. Some brutal calls at the end that handed the game to Nova on a platter.

Still disappointed/pissed at Collison for missing 7,000 FTs in 2003. Hell of a run til then.

2016 MD- sweet 16, but had potential for so much more. Got to number 2 in the polls for a week that year.

ADVERTISEMENT