ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best team in college basketball right now?

@hailtoyourvictor , Do you think Michigan will continue their upward trajectory? I really enjoy watching them and Poole has been a great shooter in the games I have watched

The defense is elite. Michigan needed one of the question marks to step in as an offensive threat along side Matthews and rather than getting one (Brazdeikas) we got two (Poole). The ceiling is as high as those two can take us. Good breakdown, btw.

Reactions: Derrin Rogers
@hailtoyourvictor , Do you think Michigan will continue their upward trajectory? I really enjoy watching them and Poole has been a great shooter in the games I have watched

The defense is elite. Michigan needed one of the question marks to step in as an offensive threat along side Matthews and rather than getting one (Brazdeikas) we got two (Poole). The ceiling is as high as those two can take us. Good breakdown, btw.

Thank you sir! We have a lot of Michigan writers on our website if you’re ever needing Big Ten reading material! We have a writer for every single big ten school and only 3 from SEC schools so we are very northern based

Do explain???

Here's a clue: What obvious team did you leave out of your article?

I’m assuming you’re talking about Nevada?
Here’s the honest answer.
The one thing all the teams that we mentioned have in common is a tough schedule. Nevada is a good team no doubt; however, Rick Flair once said, “To be the best you’ve got to BEAT the best!” and Nevada just hasn’t played anybody outside of a average Arizona State team who only beat Texas Southern by 2.

Lots of disrespect being shown towards @jhmossy in that article.

Damn it. Now I have to read it.

The reasons they were left off are obvious too.

Eat a dick

The one thing all the teams that we mentioned have in common is a tough schedule. Nevada is a good team no doubt; however, Rick Flair once said, “To be the best you’ve got to BEAT the best!” and Nevada just hasn’t played anybody outside of a average Arizona State team who only beat Texas Southern by 2.

He was talking about UVA. You could have clicked on my username and figured that out pretty easily.

Geezus, I'm not talking about Nevada.

I'd say dig deeper, but actually, dig shallower. There's another team up there that is obviously a strong title contender. as strong as any team you listed in your article.

Reactions: jhmossy and sgrooms
Sorry about that @JH! I’m still fairly new to rivals and haven’t learn all the tricks just yet! Honestly, I just did the top 5 teams. BUT yes Virginia does need to be on this list! The win over Maryland in front of a sellout crowd is very impressive considering not many teams have played early season road games! Virginia should have been mentioned in there right after Michigan! Thanks for the constructive criticism, that’s why I love doing this. To get a feel of die hard fans feelings! Sorry it took me so long to catch on. All those years of college and now one year out of college and I couldn’t pick it up

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I’m loving the diverse fan bases here! Follow me on Twitter! @DerrinRogers and I’ll follow back! I need some smart, avid sport fans so I can hear their opinions!

Sorry about that @JH! I’m still fairly new to rivals and haven’t learn all the tricks just yet! Honestly, I just did the top 5 teams. BUT yes Virginia does need to be on this list! The win over Maryland in front of a sellout crowd is very impressive considering not many teams have played early season road games! Virginia should have been mentioned in there right after Michigan! Thanks for the constructive criticism, that’s why I love doing this. To get a feel of die hard fans feelings! Sorry it took me so long to catch on. All those years of college and now one year out of college and I couldn’t pick it up

Nice job tagging some random person LOL. I actually wasn't criticizing your list. @WeAreDePaul was. If you had to only pick 5 teams, I can see why UVA would be left out.

Reactions: Derrin Rogers
@jhmossy it was definitely an oversight on my part! Virginia needed to be mentioned if not in the Top 5 group then without a shadow of a doubt in the teams right below! My fault!

I’m not like normal sports writers I’ll admit when I make mistakes! This was my first piece that was not Kentucky centric; therefore, I’ll admit to being alittle nervous and leaving off Virginia was definitely the end result of that!

Geezus, I'm not talking about Nevada.

I'd say dig deeper, but actually, dig shallower. There's another team up there that is obviously a strong title contender. as strong as any team you listed in your article.
ACC regular season probably.

NCAA tournament? RollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

Reactions: sgrooms and jhmossy

Just a little fact-checking here, bad habit of mine. Arizona State defeated Texas Southern by 12. Also, I would note that Texas Southern won on the road at Baylor and Oregon (both in the top 70 of KenPom). Texas Southern has a habit of ridiculously challenging out-of-conference scheduling (take a peek at their OOC games during 2017-18). And Arizona State defeated Mississippi State on a neutral court (#23 in KenPom / #18 in the AP).

I love my UNC TAR HEELS!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT