ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best player in the NBA?

We really not gonna include KD? At least not in the best American?

We certainly should. USA doesn't win the Gold medal without Durant in the 2021 Olympics. He's probably still the best pure scorer in the game. Giannis is a better all around player.

Reactions: jhmossy
OT, but it's UK-UVA for the men's tennis natty tomorrow. :cool:

Should be a good match. UK is definitely playing well but UVA has been crushing the SEC on the way to the title match (USCjr, UF, UT). Might as well make it 4 straight vs. the SEC. This is UVA's 7th trip to the championship and chance for 5th natty compared to UK's first trip to the championship. Blue blood vs. new blood 😂

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Should be a good match. UK is definitely playing well but UVA has been crushing the SEC on the way to the title match (USCjr, UF, UT). Might as well make it 4 straight vs. the SEC. This is UVA's 7th trip to the championship and chance for 5th natty compared to UK's first trip to the championship. Blue blood vs. new blood 😂
Yes, UVA has yet to be challenged: 4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 4-1, and 4-0 so far. UK did knock out the #1 seed though. I say UVA wins 4-2.

Reactions: jhmossy
As much as I was hyping Luka before he was drafted (seriously, was pounding the table for him to go 1), he’s got to start figuring out something on D.

It’s one thing to be average on D like Steph. Steph has such gravitational pull and floor spacing on offense that even with average D he’s still a +500 kind of guy on seasonal plus/minus.

But Luka’s D is just awful. He can’t keep anyone in front of him and he also doesn’t seem to care about doing the little things to offset it. That’s why despite being ridiculous on offense, he’s only a +200 kind of guy on season-long plus/minus. So it’s hard to think of him as a top 2 or 3 guy when he’s that bad on one side of the court.

He’s still young, but if he’s not careful he’s gonna force me to start calling him Luka Oncic.
Oh I agree for sure. He needs to figure something out on D quick. I noticed the warriors went to a zone and would double the active shooter. Luka can get any shot he wants on the floor, but it ****ed up the Mavs rhythm. Interested to see how they bounce back tonight. I selfishly want each series to go to 7. Even though I know that ain’t happening in this one.

Oh I agree for sure. He needs to figure something out on D quick. I noticed the warriors went to a zone and would double the active shooter. Luka can get any shot he wants on the floor, but it ****ed up the Mavs rhythm. Interested to see how they bounce back tonight. I selfishly want each series to go to 7. Even though I know that ain’t happening in this one.

I actually think there’s a decent chance Mavs/Warriors goes 7. Or at least 6. Both teams are much better at home.

Raw plus/minus isn’t a phenomenal stat in a vacuum when comparing two players on different teams, especially different conferences. But I find it much more informative when comparing a player to himself. Because that washes out some of the discrepancies around player matchups, substitution patters, etc.

Luka this season was +232 at home. He was -86 on the road.

Simultaneously Steph was +406 at home and +101 on the road.

So I wouldn’t be shocked to see the home team win all 7 games in this series.

I actually think there’s a decent chance Mavs/Warriors goes 7. Or at least 6. Both teams are much better at home.

Raw plus/minus isn’t a phenomenal stat in a vacuum when comparing two players on different teams, especially different conferences. But I find it much more informative when comparing a player to himself. Because that washes out some of the discrepancies around player matchups, substitution patters, etc.

Luka this season was +232 at home. He was -86 on the road.

Simultaneously Steph was +406 at home and +101 on the road.

So I wouldn’t be shocked to see the home team win all 7 games in this series.
Hope so, and I know you posted this the other day before the mavs lost again. Has there ever been a team to come back 3-0?

Hope so, and I know you posted this the other day before the mavs lost again. Has there ever been a team to come back 3-0?

No. And looks like I underestimated the Warriors and Steph. What Curry is doing at 34 is pretty wild. Plus the emergence of Wiggins.

So yeah, seems like Warriors in maybe 5 now?

I’m a warriors fan and have been for a while. First stated to gravitate toward them in the RunTMC days, but really solidified in the Baron Davis era. Loved that dude and the huge upset of Memphis.

So perhaps I was emotionally hedging a little and underestimating how good the Dubs are playing right now.

Reactions: UL_1986
No. And looks like I underestimated the Warriors and Steph. What Curry is doing at 34 is pretty wild. Plus the emergence of Wiggins.

So yeah, seems like Warriors in maybe 5 now?

I’m a warriors fan and have been for a while. First stated to gravitate toward them in the RunTMC days, but really solidified in the Baron Davis era. Loved that dude and the huge upset of Memphis.

So perhaps I was emotionally hedging a little and underestimating how good the Dubs are playing right now.
I was too. I thought it would at least go to 6, but you’re prob right. 5 seems reasonable, unless Dallas blows it tonight.

Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT